NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
The android version loads to the splash screen and then won't go further. I've got a note 20. Any ideas?
Yeah, the android 11 is apparently causing some compatibility problems. I'm pretty sure it is some changes they did to the permissions that apps have, so the game no longer can access the save location. I haven't had time to fix it yet, but I'll make it my highest priority and get on it on Monday.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aredelya and dark0s

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Not sure about qazplm, but it worked wonders on my PC. The GPU temperatures dropped to slightly above the idle.
If possible a toggle in the Preferences would be welcome.

What is the internal fps on Android?
144 fps is the base. Maybe I should drop to 60 fps, or better yet, I'm just going to add an option on the preferences to select the fps.

Mar 13, 2019
it did help a little but then I could see the frames which kinda became an eyesore even if its a vn so I just stuck with the regular version for a better experience
How do you even tell? Its just static screens? Do you use VRR screen and it drops the refresh to 30Hz?

144 fps is the base. Maybe I should drop to 60 fps, or better yet, I'm just going to add an option on the preferences to select the fps.
60 fps sounds like a good starting point - most screens are 60Hz anyway. 30 fps would be welcome for those running on batteries. I guess people with 144 displays would welcome that option as well.

Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
How do you even tell? Its just static screens? Do you use VRR screen and it drops the refresh to 30Hz?

60 fps sounds like a good starting point - most screens are 60Hz anyway. 30 fps would be welcome for those running on batteries. I guess people with 144 displays would welcome that option as well.
You notice it a lot when there are characters moving around, or when you navigate the menus.
And yeah, I have a 144 display which is why I put the FPS there in the first place. But I will add a slider or something for the next builds, leave it to personal preference.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aredelya

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
The android version loads to the splash screen and then won't go further. I've got a note 20. Any ideas?
Hi! Did some messing around with the android version, I can't really test it on my end because I don't have an android that can run the latest update. But try this here and see if it fixes the problem!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aredelya

Zathak

Feb 6, 2019
Thanks I'll try that!
Hi! Did some messing around with the android version, I can't really test it on my end because I don't have an android that can run the latest update. But try this build here and see if it fixes the problem!
Thanks for trying, it didn't work this this either though! I let it sit at splash screen for a few minutes even.

• Sad

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
The emulator in Android Studio wont let you test your builds this way?
I don't know, I don't have android studio. And unity's emulators don't go to andoid 11.

There is a new devblog post on patreon. Seems we are getting closer to a chapter 5 release.
Going by the word count listed in the post they at about 50%.
Calm down, guys. It's about a month and a half away still. We're late on chapter 5 because of my accident and the holidays.

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
If only Akabur still made those trainer games though...
If only! :cry:

Trainer type games cannot be mentioned without Akabur's games. I feel he is the father of the genre (at least in the Western sense, I get there were Japanese trainer games before his), and also cynically hilarious. He seems to be a big influence. What I would LOVE to see, however, is a trainer game with a female protag training other females or males. Written by a dom woman. That would be unique. If there's something like that, please educate me.
We're doing something along those lines with Jeanne in our game. It's not going to be anywhere as well done as an akabur game as that is not the main focus of our game, but it will be (I hope!) a fun side activity.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
If only Akabur still made those trainer games though...
Well Pink Tea Games is still in business, although the new project might not be a trainer game. And there's also Pyorgara (News Desk, Soldiers Life, Corrupt the Priestess). Unfortunately while the writing is excellent the games are somewhat grindy (cheats exist though to an extend) and the amount of 2DCG is a bit low (quality is good).

Three games that slipped my mind before are:

They're all new games but they are quite fun and I am friends with the developers, so shameless plug here, please go check their games out! ;)
Those certainly look interesting. Thanks for sharing.

We're doing something along those lines with Jeanne in our game. It's not going to be anywhere as well done as an akabur game as that is not the main focus of our game, but it will be (I hope!) a fun side activity.
From what we've already seen, I'm very much looking forward to that. I wonder if this will be Cath doing it or Kyo. I guess Kyo will have at least some involvement Jeanne being her "apprentice" now. We need more wholesome BDSM in our little perverted corner of the internet. Compulsion dictates that I recommend Sunstone at this point!

4.60 star(s) 64 Votes