InkAndSaliva

Aug 8, 2022
I adore the dynamic between Kyo and Catherine (she really fulfills my teenage China Sorrows fantasies), and Sigrid is what you would get if I could design my ideal physical partner, but I definitely understand why you can't implement full romances for every character. Absolute gem of a game.

Ratrio

Aug 21, 2018
I'm a bit disappointed the futa seemingly isn't more avoidable. Like Amelie seems to only have one scene atm and unless I missed something you're forced to use the futa potion in it? I get that it's more trouble to make different versions of the scenes with/without futa but as someone who really isn't into it it feels like I'm missing out on content I would have liked to played otherwise. I don't know how much more futa stuff is in the game but I hope it's not too much as I had been enjoying the game so far.

Seyhtan31

Aug 5, 2019
I'm a bit disappointed the futa seemingly isn't more avoidable. Like Amelie seems to only have one scene atm and unless I missed something you're forced to use the futa potion in it? I get that it's more trouble to make different versions of the scenes with/without futa but as someone who really isn't into it it feels like I'm missing out on content I would have liked to played otherwise. I don't know how much more futa stuff is in the game but I hope it's not too much as I had been enjoying the game so far.
totally agree on that, i really dislike futa thingy too and it pains me that thing is taking over the place...

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
100% disagree. if anything we need more lesbian and futa/trans games out there.
That is one of the things that make RotWF stands amongst other games (also the great story and art).

=============================================
By the way new dev blog post.

Hello, hello! How are y’all doing on this beautiful Monday?

Phew! Chapter 9 is finally done, well… Almost done. It covers the promotion of Catherine to the position of Legate and the recruitment and initial shaping of her legion (if plenty of lewds along the way). We now only have a few details to add and some corrections to do and then we're onto chapter 10!

(Prepare for a long dev blog, Vane went to town on this one! I'll try breaking the text with cute anime gifs, as usual.)

Chapter 10! This chapter will mark the beginning of the end of Catherine’s story as this is going to be the last great adventure she is going to embark on before she comfortably retires and enjoys the fruits of her labor. Don’t worry though, we fully intend on sending her off with a bang, this is going to be the most ambitious adventure she is going to take part in, against an enemy that dwarves every single one she fought up until now. The stakes are the survival of the Empire itself and the reward is cementing herself as one of the greatest heroes in the history of the Empire. Will you be able to safely guide Catherine through all the perils of this adventure and see her ascendant? Or will she fail, and be subjected to a most horrible lewd fate? We’ll find out soon enough.

For Chapter 10 we have a few new mechanics that we’re going to introduce, all involving the management of the legion. The design of the legion system is almost done and we’ll be sharing more information about it soon! But basically, time will be an enemy, and the order you do the events will matter as you’ll have to manage the legion's supply, manpower, and morale. In addition to that, the legion will gain traits based on your decision on many major and minor events that will be scattered throughout the adventure, some of these will confer bonuses to the legion while others will be penalties. This may sound like a lot, but we’re committed to keeping the legion mechanics tied with the narrative instead of building a separate system to support it. That means you’ll be making decisions just like you have been this whole time, only now Catherine is responsible for far more and her decisions will have an effect on the people under her command.

On the story side of chapter 10, I feel like if you played Chapter 9 you already have a pretty good idea of where it’s going, but let me talk a bit about it. Catherine will be taking her legion north, the initial leg of the journey will be easier since it’s in friendly territory and it will be the perfect time for Catherine to structure her legion and inner circle as well as get used to the kind of big decisions that are expected of her now. When she finally reaches Valante, her main task is going to be establishing a foothold and pushing the Orcs back north. All the while she will make new and strange allies, as well as investigate the mysterious forces behind this sudden invasion, and discover the truly unsettling truth of what is going on.

Finally, we’d like to thank all of you for your continued support! It’s been close to three years of Necro Bunny Studios, and Rise is now approaching the 700k words mark. We had no idea when we started how far this journey would take us and the huge world we would have the privilege of creating. And all of this would have been impossible without all of you supporting us all the way. So, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you all so much for your support. You truly mean the world to us.

And that about wraps it up for today. We hope you all have a fantastic week, and we’ll see you all next Monday for another Dev Blog! Until then,
Big love, the Necro Bunny team!!!

ps: first time i got a facepalm for posting a news update. Some people are weird. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
New dev blog post from monday 15/08. :p

Hello, hello! Another Monday, another dev blog, so let’s get right to it!
Banshee worked on a few different things this week! She's finally working on the sprite for a certain snobby elf's dad, and making a few much-needed adjustments to the outfit page! She also began working on the layout for the website we're putting together for the project!
6709a038c2f3a1992efdc20abc8290a8.gif

Vane returned from his vacation and started working on the Chapter 10 events! He began with a scene regarding Catherine’s forming legion. This scene has Catherine meet some of the soldiers under her command, and interact with some of her companions. She also gets to make a ton of little choices that will shape the legion's initial stats.
Vane has also started working on a draft of the map of Noramadia, which is going to be transformed into a fully-fledged map by Banshee later on!
Omake Gif Anime - Fairy Tail S2 - Episode 95 - Mavis Excited.gif

Finally, we'd like to thank you all for your continued love and support! It has been a long journey so far, and we couldn't be happier to have you all tag along for it, so thank you so very very much!
176502764003202.gif

And that about wraps it up for today. We hope you all have a fantastic week, and we’ll see you all next Monday for another Dev Blog! Until then,
Big love, the Necro Bunny team!!!
By the way if i am not mistaken the public release should happen this week. :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: sava75

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
Futa is mostly a per character thing, some characters are never going to have it in their routes, some are only going to have it, and for others it's optional. Amelie actually has a variant where Catherine uses a strap-on but I realize now that I never actually implemented that, I'll have to get on that. But other than that, one man's trash is another man's treasure. I understand that you might not like some of the scenes or feel like you're missing out, but we can't possibly make everyone happy with every scene that we do. Just understand that a scene you don't like, someone else might be loving.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Android pretty much works when it feels like it. I'll build it every release but I've given up on it, Android is making it harder and harder for us to build for it non-natively and Unity is not lifting a finger to rectify that. Perhaps for the next game, we might go with another engine and then we can build a proper Android build that works for every version of Android. But right now, if it works on your device great, if it doesn't please don't @ me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The public release of Chapter 9 is actually next Friday, but if we finish the updates on the interface that we are doing before that we might as well release it early. We also are discussing changing our release schedule, going for a more standard approach.
In this new system we would have all the newest content released on our alpha builds every three weeks, and every time we do a release like that the last alpha would be pushed to a beta tier build and the beta tier build would be pushed to be a free build. Long story short, a new free release every three weeks instead of one every three months!

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The public release of Chapter 9 is actually next Friday, but if we finish the updates on the interface that we are doing before that we might as well release it early. We also are discussing changing our release schedule, going for a more standard approach.
In this new system we would have all the newest content released on our alpha builds every three weeks, and every time we do a release like that the last alpha would be pushed to a beta tier build and the beta tier build would be pushed to be a free build. Long story short, a new free release every three weeks instead of one every three months!
So next friday (19/04)? Nice.

By the way wouldn't pushing releases every three weeks be too much for a team of two people? :unsure:

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
So next friday (19/04)? Nice.

By the way wouldn't pushing releases every three weeks be too much for a team of two people? :unsure:
Oh, here in Brazil next Friday means next week, if it was the upcoming Friday we would say this Friday. So what I meant was on the 26. That said, I talked with Banshee and we'll be releasing it this Friday, she thinks she can get everything done on her end by them. (Though if she dumps the assets on me Friday night, again, there'll probably be a bit of a delay)
And we have actually been pushing releases out every three weeks for the last year and then some. With proper deadlines and schedules, it's no problem at all!

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
I am from Brazil too. Hence why i was a bit confused about the date. :p
Oooh? Serião? Sempre bom encontrar um conterraneo pelas águas internacionais. :LOL:

------------------------------------

One thing that I probably don't need to tell you all is that we have way too many characters. Our fault, really. We just kept having ideas and shoving more characters in until we realized that we just didn't have the manpower to handle so many characters. So we're making a little popularity contest, we're not going to up and abandon the least popular characters of course, but we'll focus our efforts mostly on the more popular ones. For now at least, once the game is done we might go back and flesh out some of the characters that were left behind more. So if you're a patron don't miss the chance to go there and vote for your favorite character!

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Tenho a impressão que a Kyo vai ser a ganhadora dessa pesquisa. :p
-----------------------------------

I get the feeling that Kyo will be the winner of this poll. :p

• Haha
Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios

NecroBunnyStudios

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2020
can I ask if the chapter will get more Kyo content or not?
good luck.
There is no Kyo content in chapter 9. Well, other than a short scene of talking. We'll have another scene with her in chapter 10 for sure though.

--------------------------------------

And speaking of chapter 9, we just released it for everyone! Get it while it's !

Slanterq

Apr 15, 2020
When I start the game the opening screen doesn't let me click on anything. Do I need download something to play the game?
Thanks for the help. ^_^ I am using windows.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: NecroBunnyStudios
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes