Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Rogue-like: Evolution - Expanded Mod

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
I can't recreate that pose

Did something change?
Many things did over the different iterations - for once, the mod received a couple updates and code changes over the course of its inception, and thus turned a bit more wonky. The most "stable" version of the mod from what I remember is the Old 0.978e AIO Version in the OP from which most of the screenshots were taken, but that is no longer supported and also lacks many different features that are now part of the base game and also exist in the newer mod versions, as well as some interactions for characters, so as it stands its a mixed bag: Either one or the other.

Over the course of the updates the mod received, certain clothing pieces, actions and character models has been straight-up removed or partially remodeled, meaning the screenshots on the OP are not actually representative of the current game - a recurring theme with threads I noticed - This will be touched up upon at some vague point in the unforseen future.

In regards to the mod as of right now...
The simple matter of fact is, the plan of the mod did not change, ever and the works on that plan never got abandoned: The idea is still to add extra clothing, extra interactions, extra stuff to explore that can eventually just be slotted into the base game without much hassle. Sadly, this was always easier said than done as the base game is just a mess of code that uses copy-pastes, conditionals and the likes that more often than not required the mod to straight-up get entangled into the game without a way to interface easily, as there was nothing to easily interface with in the first place. As of recent, the base game received a partial code rewrite that now allows for more of it and hopefully even more in the future.
HOWEVER:
Currently there is a severe lack of coders for the mod team to actually do any meaningful tasks. The changes already done and hopefully being done in the future to the base game will make it potentially easier to achieve future goals of the mod, but that is irrelevant when there is just two coders doing part-time work on it due to the current real life circumstances but basically having to do all of the heavy lifting. As of right now, there's works on the code rewriting to get the mod up to speed, but also there's concepts for a rework of the clothing system that will make it substancially easier to navigate for the player (yay), and easier for modders to add pieces (yay²), but again, it's nothing but a concept stage, because people that could do the work are basically non-existent. Art is always welcome and always has been, there's even an art submission page on the discord where people can discuss good and not so good ideas but it doesn't do any good if the main bottleneck (coding) has not been adressed at all.

Reactions: hcb69

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Many things did over the different iterations...
Man that response was lot longer than i expected :D

I think it is a good idea to wait until rework is done. Coding a tons of stuff just because seeing they are not working anymore would be annoying.

Jun 8, 2017
Hey, are you coder or artist? do you wanna help Expanded team to grow this mod even bigger with giving hands on code department or throwing some cool lines and colours in art department join our discord and tell one of the staff that you're interested to help and welcome to the team <3

"sorry for bad English I'm kinda pepega atm havent slept in 3 days"

Last edited:

CallMeNothing

Apr 7, 2020
how do I get the mod to work where do I put it what do I use I'm legit so confused I have installed so many things can someone please give me A tutorial or something i'm so dumb

Last edited:
Reactions: Anos tempest

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
how do I get the mod to work where do I put it what do I use I'm legit so confused I have installed so many things can someone please give me A tutorial or something i'm so dumb
Step 1: Download whatever version your computer is under the Base Mod line in the first post.
Step 2: Extract the file
Step 3: Download the patch under Latest Patch.
Step 4: Extract that file
Step 5: Copy and paste the files in the extracted patch folder into the extracted game folder, you'll know if you got it in the right place if it asks you to move and replace.

You're done.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Post above me by souldead341 or grab this pre-patched version:

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
So what is the quarantine edition
It's the exact same as what's posted on the first thread page. Just the mod + patch together so people (especially newcomers) don't get confused with the installation.

Essentially, it's the entire mod. Just extract wherever and launch the executable!

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
OHHHH I GET IT IM SO DUMB IM SORRY FOR BEING SLOW
Just grab the pre-patched version I posted and don't do anything else with it. It's got everything you need. That's why I posted it, so people new to the mod won't have to get confused.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Is the expanded mod something else then?
IT IS the Expanded Mod. I believe the "Quarantine Version" in the title is more of a joke than anything else as they add face masks into the game. (Which you can disable by clicking on the bag and clicking end quarantine).

Just grab the pre-patched version. It is the latest version of the Expanded Mod up-to-date with the 1.7 patch and you don't need to do anything with it. Just extract and play.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask as long as they don't pertain to anything I've already mentioned. I hate to say it, but it's not you but repeating the same answers over and over again is going to give me a heart attack because I'm likely to continue answering questions because I'm too good for my own good. I've been doing it for so long my arm has turned into a noodle.
sooo when is gonna get updated??
because Jean already is on new version :rolleyes:
Maybe never. If you were on the Discord, you'd know they are not currently working on it due to not having a coder.

Mar 18, 2020
hi so just downloaded the mod and everything is going smoothly so far, just a quick question about all the new outfits in the mod, how do you equip them to girls? will they be available in the shop or are unlockable or something because in the shop I am only seeing the usual stuff.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
hi so just downloaded the mod and everything is going smoothly so far, just a quick question about all the new outfits in the mod, how do you equip them to girls? will they be available in the shop or are unlockable or something because in the shop I am only seeing the usual stuff.
Wardrobe > Modded Outfits

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes