Mod Ren'Py Rogue-like: Evolution - Prime Mod

4.80 star(s) 18 Votes

JaSteel

Oct 14, 2020
What are your guys thoughts on dittyman modded rogue like?
I'm always in favor with the ladies doing more sexual things in different situations. That is the best thing about dittyman's mod. I wouldn't mind some of them in Prime's mod. I know it is possible since Prime did the additional Emma interaction during the after-class scene.

Reactions: Redboa21

bwazoo92

Jan 21, 2019
briefly looked at what changed to nab console commands, you are a champion. Doing the lord's work prime.

Jan 25, 2018
Man, this is one of the best projects in Ren'Py. The core mechanics are solid, and the progression is on point, it's like slo corruption but not too grindy, I could say this strikes the perfect balance. The only thing I think Rogue-Like is missing, is a little more variety with the random chatter, and maybe a little more story and events to make it more lived it, it would become perfect then. Eh, I guess that I should've written a review at this point.

SwoleSquid

Mar 29, 2021
So, these new features have made my job exceedingly difficult. I need a few hours to just dissect the whole game from scratch. Hopefully I'll have a few hours on Monday and Tuesday, but I don't really have an ETA for mod version 6.0, thanks for your patience.
You don't owe me shit, but I appreciate what you do. Sincerely thank you for fucking around with this apparently super fucked up coding to deliver a better experience for internet strangers. Take all the time you need bro

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
...Why does this ask for every permission? Seems pretty unnecessary, kinda sussy too.
Pretty sure that's how all android ports work. It's dumb, I know, but literally the whole android operating system is a suspicious clusterfuck and needs your permission just to turn your damn device on.

Kahl-7404

Oct 19, 2022
...Why does this ask for every permission? Seems pretty unnecessary, kinda sussy too.
Because it's built for older versions of Android. Before scoped storage was introduced all those permissions were inside Files access. For compatibility sake Google made apps ask for all of them since app didn't classify the type of file access it needs. It's for save functionality I believe. They should be saved at android/data/com.roguelike.somethingsomething. Since Android 11 you can't see Android folder with default file manager but it's there. As good as the idea of mining eloncoin6969 from horny teenager's phones sound, this isn't one of them. *Wink* *wink* prime.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
As someone who has a lot of experience tearing shitty RenPy code apart, I can say that on the plus side there's nothing so different about this version that it will make Prime's mod impossible.

On the minus side, Prime is going to have to effectively recreate his mod from scratch. He's ported dozens of functions from the main game over to his mod, and each one is going to have to be painstakingly compared to the original and port Oni's changes in, or take the new version of the original and reapply the mod's changes. Some of these functions are hundreds of lines long.

There's something like 1200 gender checks in Oni's code, hitting a high percentage of all functions. Many of the lines also now use gendered terms (him/her, jiz/fluids, etc). There's also a couple of new gender-based reactions (and I quickly spotted a significant bug in Oni's code there).

I mention this mostly out of respect for how much work Prime faces. It won't be a small amount, likely double digit hours of his personal time.

lusaro

May 14, 2018
As someone who has a lot of experience tearing shitty RenPy code apart, I can say that on the plus side there's nothing so different about this version that it will make Prime's mod impossible.

On the minus side, Prime is going to have to effectively recreate his mod from scratch. He's ported dozens of functions from the main game over to his mod, and each one is going to have to be painstakingly compared to the original and port Oni's changes in, or take the new version of the original and reapply the mod's changes. Some of these functions are hundreds of lines long.

There's something like 1200 gender checks in Oni's code, hitting a high percentage of all functions. Many of the lines also now use gendered terms (him/her, jiz/fluids, etc). There's also a couple of new gender-based reactions (and I quickly spotted a significant bug in Oni's code there).

I mention this mostly out of respect for how much work Prime faces. It won't be a small amount, likely double digit hours of his personal time.
That's sad, understandable but sad, let's hope it goes better and easier than expected

Sep 20, 2020
How to do I ensure that the 'girlfriend angry' scene happens? The scene where zeros's gf (suppose rouge) will get angry at zero for fucking kitty behind her back. Zero can either break-up and then have breakup sex or can at first say sorry and then ask rouge if she wants to include kitty in their sex too - to which rouge agrees. But this scene only occurs sometimes. I ensured that rouge was only a gf and didn't still say that she loved zero. But still - 8/10 times rouge isn't angry and just asks whether zero is serious about kitty or not

prime559

Apr 21, 2017
How to do I ensure that the 'girlfriend angry' scene happens? The scene where zeros's gf (suppose rouge) will get angry at zero for fucking kitty behind her back. Zero can either break-up and then have breakup sex or can at first say sorry and then ask rouge if she wants to include kitty in their sex too - to which rouge agrees. But this scene only occurs sometimes. I ensured that rouge was only a gf and didn't still say that she loved zero. But still - 8/10 times rouge isn't angry and just asks whether zero is serious about kitty or not
It depends on how much your girlfriend likes the other girls (ie RogueX.LikesKitty stat) and how high your girlfriend's obedience and inhibition stats are. IIRC all 3 of those stats have to be under 500.

4.80 star(s) 18 Votes