Mod Ren'Py Rogue-like: Evolution - Prime Mod

4.80 star(s) 18 Votes

prime559

Apr 21, 2017
Can't tell anyone anything on Patreon due to USA sanctions on my country stopped me from supporting anyone there. Not like I supported Oni in the first place. Only couple of book authors and Skallagrim.

Also, don't be so dramatic.
There are just bunch of lines like:
"The lace bra" if "lace bra" in Cart:
in the Mall.rpy
which are easy to find by searching for
if Player.Cash <
so it's possible to go for easy solution and just change it to
"The lace bra for $90" if "lace bra" in Cart:
manually instead of making the game track the value. And maybe write bat file for easily changing it in future updates.
The only issue is how Kitty, Emma and Storm have bikini top and bottom that cost $10 extra but that extra cost can be get rid off, alongside of the if condition.
You make it sound so simple, go for it.

prime559

Apr 21, 2017
I doubt these are issues caused by the Prime Mod, but here are a few examples of Rogue-Like Evolution being a very inconsistent experience, especially with it comes to finding bugs. The other two issues I spoke of previously being good examples of bugs I simply could not replicate on a new game.

Making out with Storm resulted in Jean Grey appearing on the left side even though I'm almost certain the game doesn't actually recognize her being there because she shouldn't be there (Unfortunately, reloading my save doesn't allow me to replicate the issue)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Telling Xavier that "There's a girl that's been bothering me" and choosing the girl your with (in this case, Jean Grey) and choosing "Oh, sorry, never mind" will result in a random/possible error that is inconsistent to reproduce with every girl. Tested with both Jean Grey and Rogue and they both produce this error. However, since the traceback is referencing the old testing mod and not the current version, it's likely an issue caused by save incompatibility.
No clue as to what's up with the Jean/Storm thing, but the 2nd bug is probably a typo somewhere in that section of the code, I'll take a look at it tonight.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Jean truly is a ghost..
Jean is one of the game's buggier girls, at least from my experience.

No clue as to what's up with the Jean/Storm thing, but the 2nd bug is probably a typo somewhere in that section of the code, I'll take a look at it tonight.
Jean appearing is just some random thing that happened once that I thought was both weird and funny, but sadly unreproducible upon save reload. This game does a lot of strange stuff.

As for the other issue, thanks. I'll keep looking into issues and see if there are more.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
I doubt these are issues caused by the Prime Mod, but here are a few examples of Rogue-Like Evolution being a very inconsistent experience, especially with it comes to finding bugs. The other two issues I spoke of previously being good examples of bugs I simply could not replicate on a new game.

Making out with Storm resulted in Jean Grey appearing on the left side even though I'm almost certain the game doesn't actually recognize her being there because she shouldn't be there (Unfortunately, reloading my save doesn't allow me to replicate the issue)

Telling Xavier that "There's a girl that's been bothering me" and choosing the girl your with (in this case, Jean Grey) and choosing "Oh, sorry, never mind" will result in a random/possible error that is inconsistent to reproduce with every girl. Tested with both Jean Grey and Rogue and they both produce this error. However, since the traceback is referencing the old testing mod and not the current version, it's likely an issue caused by save incompatibility.
Metal Gear Zero: the phantom Jean

Reactions: LordMerek

prime559

Apr 21, 2017
As for the other issue, thanks. I'll keep looking into issues and see if there are more.
Figured out your 2nd issue. Oni was zeroing out a value then calling it, so I swapped it to call it then zero it.

Suggestion: if you ask a girl to swim at the pool and she doesn't have a suit, have her suggest going to the mall to buy her one? (all conditions for doing that being met, ofc)
I looked into this, but it's just not feasible with the way that section is coded.

Last edited:

prime559

Apr 21, 2017
Here's a new testing build, changes include:

Fixed a bug when asking Prof X to remove a girl while she was in the room

The mall now unlocks after day 7, Jubilee's mall visit scene now triggers even if you've previously unlocked the mall.

Girl's can now call you to ask you on a date. There's a 33% chance each of them asking you to dinner, the movies or the mall (once its unlocked). You must have her phone number, and she has to miss you a little bit (i.e her thirst has to be above 30).

NEW TESTING BUILD (PC ONLY)

Link updated to reflect new build

Last edited:

Strayka

Jun 29, 2020
Laura's intro her obedience stat gets reset to 100 when she cums from you grabbing her it says +100 and the stat just becomes 100.

Untested on any other girl but Rogue seems to start with maxed out FJ experience talking about lessons paying off and the game also refers to your dick as rubber.

The game counts the "Cum on feet" option as wiping off her hands when cleaning up. Unknown if that's just Oni code.

prime559

Apr 21, 2017
Laura's intro her obedience stat gets reset to 100 when she cums from you grabbing her it says +100 and the stat just becomes 100.

Untested on any other girl but Rogue seems to start with maxed out FJ experience talking about lessons paying off and the game also refers to your dick as rubber.

The game counts the "Cum on feet" option as wiping off her hands when cleaning up. Unknown if that's just Oni code.
1 is intended, I'll look into 2 & 3

prime559

Apr 21, 2017

Ok,

1) Working as intended, but I've changed that statup toast to reflect her actual gain since you're not the first person to mention that.

2) Instead of checking a girls FJ experience it's checking MC gender, and on top of that it's giving female MC responses. I tried to make a small fix to the responses to reflect the correct gender, but no dice. The issue is the bug is on line 1836 of a 2038 line function, so there's no way to account for correct gender or account FJ experience without adding 2038 lines of code to my mod, so it'll have to stand until Oni fixes that part.

3) I had foot spunk cleanup commented out because it wasn't fully implemented before 1.0 and I didn't notice when I ported over for 1.0, it's fixed now.

Hopefully the third time is the charm in this UPDATED TESTING RELEASE

Last edited:

prime559

Apr 21, 2017

I don't really want to include the FJ fix in my mod, but I have attached a bugfixelete the "2443843_" part of the filename so it's just named "script SDialog.rpyc" and put it in the (\Rogue-Like-win\game) folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaSteel

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
Was that a solo date or double date? Was it started with a phone call or did you ask her?
Solo date (first one ever with her), asked her personally in the training room while it was already evening.

Ignoring the error seems to work for now.

Last edited:

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
Solo date (first one ever with her), asked her personally in the training room while it was already evening. Asked her again in the morning the next day and the same error occurred in the evening when taking her out.

Ignoring the error seems to work for now.

4.80 star(s) 18 Votes