Jul 31, 2021
I do like the other characters well enough btw, so I don't really care if they end up winning. Especially since Gwen will win eventually if Oni keeps doing polls. Wondering about all the hate for her though. Like, I can understand not being into the whole fourth wall breaking stuff, but she's super cute ignoring all that.

Reactions: Danlorn

Danlorn

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2017
If Gwen makes it to the game, I wonder how Oni's going to implement her? Will she become a student? Or she'll be just hanging around, doing random stuff and breaking the 4th wall? Anyway, I'd be glad to see her, cause as much as I love Wanda, I wanna see a cute perky blondie as well :sneaky:

grunt_pepper

Aug 8, 2017
Personally, I dislike 4th-Wall-Breaking characters in general. Deadpool gets a pass because he is positively insane and when written well, you can tell he's tethering on the edge. Also, lolsorandumb characters are shit, especially when their shtick is largely vomiting WORDS WORDS WORDS upon the page that the writer thinks makes them sound witty.

I have nothing against Gwen as a character, Spidergwen works well in-context, without feeling like a cheap Spiderman knockoff (like Miles does) and would even fit in with the X-Men, even though she's not an x-gene mutant.

Basically, I have no wish to suffer through an obnoxiously hyper character that is constantly around to remind me I am playing a game. Oni already did a godawful job with Jean, and I have no doubt he'll do an equally godawful job with Gwenpool.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Well I'll make a post asking what he plans to do it Gwen wins writing-wise; Might make a few suggestions but I doubt oni would go too intense. I asked him to remove the touch grass reference when Jubes was first introduced & he did.
Inb4 someone actually wanted that, it means nothing & is quite childish to say to anyone man.

Jul 31, 2021
Personally, I dislike 4th-Wall-Breaking characters in general. Deadpool gets a pass because he is positively insane and when written well, you can tell he's tethering on the edge. Also, lolsorandumb characters are shit, especially when their shtick is largely vomiting WORDS WORDS WORDS upon the page that the writer thinks makes them sound witty.

I have nothing against Gwen as a character, Spidergwen works well in-context, without feeling like a cheap Spiderman knockoff (like Miles does) and would even fit in with the X-Men, even though she's not an x-gene mutant.

Basically, I have no wish to suffer through an obnoxiously hyper character that is constantly around to remind me I am playing a game. Oni already did a godawful job with Jean, and I have no doubt he'll do an equally godawful job with Gwenpool.
Fair enough. Don't know enough about Jean to comment on how accurate she is, but I like her well enough. So I'll probably be fine with how Oni writes Gwen too.

Jul 31, 2021
Well I'll make a post asking what he plans to do it Gwen wins writing-wise; Might make a few suggestions but I doubt oni would go too intense. I asked him to remove the touch grass reference when Jubes was first introduced & he did.
Inb4 someone actually wanted that, it means nothing & is quite childish to say to anyone man.
I might have actually liked that tbh.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I don't remember that. Maybe I was unaware of the touch grass thing when she came out, and by the time it started become somewhat popular webwise, it was already removed.

Reactions: Ghostload
4.40 star(s) 149 Votes