Olive_Drab

Jun 6, 2017
Okay so here's something I wanted to fix awhile ago that I just decided to finish: new armbinder for Kitty that doesn't look so poopy! Here are the new Sprite and Missionary Sex versions (that will match the one I'm making for DS).
Kitty_Sprite_Armbinder_Preview.png Kitty_Sex_Armbinder_New_Preview.png
There are redrawn arm and body versions included that will match up to the new art because here at K & R Modworks we're all about verisimilitude.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I'm not sure who exactly lies on Oni's future character sheet aside from Laura but I would love to see Psylocke, Domino, Jean, and Storm.
X-23 would be freaking awesome in the game. We also should get some kind of story and new things to do/places to go.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Of course he owns copyright to his game. As soon as you put something down in a fixed form (like writing code, or drawing art assets) you own the copyright to it. It's automatic.
No, that's not how it works. Sure, if you create something new or original, like a piece of art, write a book or maybe create a song, then you'll have copyright.
But if you use someone else's engine (Ren'Py), and characters someone else already has the legal rights for (X-Men, 20th Century Fox), then no, you won't get copyright. Oni does not own any legal rights for this game.
As a matter of fact, his game is subject to copyright. He's earning money of shit that isn't his.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Okay so here's something I wanted to fix awhile ago that I just decided to finish: new armbinder for Kitty that doesn't look so poopy! Here are the new Sprite and Missionary Sex versions (that will match the one I'm making for DS).
View attachment 97438 View attachment 97439
There are redrawn arm and body versions included that will match up to the new art because here at K & R Modworks we're all about verisimilitude.
Looking good, keep it up buddy!

Those look great @Olive_Drab
I wont have time to add them for now, but by tonight (or maybe a little earlier) I'll have something for you guys
That sounds.. interesting..

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
That's how patreon works though right? Oni hasn't sold a single copy of Rogue-Like people are just donating money to him. Isn't that how Akabur and others get around any legal shit? They're not technically selling anything
Not exactly, no. Akabur avoids any Patreon/Copyright issues by not sharing the links to his games there. His games are freeware.

Oni on the other hand, is charging people for the game. If you aren't pledged to him, you'll have to get the game elsewhere, like this site. That makes his game subject to copyright.
I'm not sure how he has avoided issues until now, maybe he's just lucky.

"Authenticity and Copyright

Patreon is for creators who put something original out into the world. As a creator, you may not post content that infringes on others' intellectual property rights and you must own the content published on Patreon."

Reactions: Ahhjksio

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
Fair enough that makes sense. At least that's a weapon we can use if he ever tries to take down this modding community. Just report him to patreon for copyright infringement lol they must deal with it all the time
Lol I guess so. But it shouldn't have to come to that, and it probably wont. I've seen creators asking to get their game taken off this site before, and they've politely been told "nope".

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I've seen creators asking to get their game taken off this site before, and they've politely been told "nope".
I won't lie, that's kind of fucked up...

...on one hand. On the other I'm pretty sure Emma Watson would be mad about her appearance being used in Witch Trainer as well.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
I won't lie, that's kind of fucked up...
I don't think it is really. Most of the games on this site either uses free assets (daz3d for example) without a license or copyrighted material/characters. Not only that, but they are earning money from it via Patron. That's the fucked up part.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I don't think it is really. Most of the games on this site either uses free assets (daz3d for example) without a license or copyrighted material/characters. Not only that, but they are earning money from it via Patron. That's the fucked up part.
Which is why I had the second part of the reply, but most is not all.

badwonder

Apr 28, 2017
Man I have told this so many time it became repetitive but here I go again.

F95Zone is a commercial ground for patreon creators, I have joined into this site 1 year ago and I have been fallowing some good developers ever since. I have backed up almost every known developer in this site at a point in time (KsT, Nergal, Boomatica, etc. hell even lambdaguy and greebo) because of this site, Oni included. if he comes down to this site to close down he would loose 2 things:

1. potential patrons
2. precious feedback.

lets say you are a poor person living in a poor county (I am looking at you middle east) you love these games but frankly don't have enough money, but when the new version of the game comes, you play it and you found a bug, told it here, someone who is also the patron of Oni told him, thus a good feedback is created in this site. Of course you can say that he can get that feedback from patrons, and technically you are right. but if we are talking about bugs, numbers matter, more people play the game, the more people will find things, wrong codes, interesting questions even ideas, (thus the modding community we have here) so coming after any game here is not a good idea, I would suggest they should follow boomatica's example; when you create an update for your games, wait a few days and then publish it here, again more publicity more feedback.

for me F95 is not a piracy site for me it is a site where I can play good games and find worthy developers to back up.

whynothere

Apr 26, 2017
No not really, you assume common law copyright but court specific needs paid registration or you can't file for infringement.
That's not the case in the US, at least. Here you can absolutely sue for copyright infringement even if you haven't registered; you just have to prove what your damages are. So if Oni could prove that he lost a certain amount of money from Mega or other filesharing providers distributing his work, then he could sue those companies for that money. What registering the copyright does is lets you sue for statutory damages- you no longer have to prove that you lost money and the courts can award you between $750 and $30000 per work infringed.

Either way it'd be a bad idea for Oni to sue, because while his code is an original work (using the RenPy engine doesn't make it derivative anymore than using C would, so unless there's something in the RenPy license that changes ownership that code is still his), his art is a derivative work of someone else's copyright. He wouldn't want to do anything that would draw Marvel's attention, and suing someone else over their work in a public court would be extremely risky.

Reactions: badwonder

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
Man I have told this so many time it became repetitive but here I go again.

F95Zone is a commercial ground for patreon creators, I have joined into this site 1 year ago and I have been fallowing some good developers ever since. I have backed up almost every known developer in this site at a point in time (KsT, Nergal, Boomatica, etc. hell even lambdaguy and greebo) because of this site, Oni included. if he comes down to this site to close down he would loose 2 things:

1. potential patrons
2. precious feedback.

lets say you are a poor person living in a poor county (I am looking at you middle east) you love these games but frankly don't have enough money, but when the new version of the game comes, you play it and you found a bug, told it here, someone who is also the patron of Oni told him, thus a good feedback is created in this site. Of course you can say that he can get that feedback from patrons, and technically you are right. but if we are talking about bugs, numbers matter, more people play the game, the more people will find things, wrong codes, interesting questions even ideas, (thus the modding community we have here) so coming after any game here is not a good idea, I would suggest they should follow boomatica's example; when you create an update for your games, wait a few days and then publish it here, again more publicity more feedback.

for me F95 is not a piracy site for me it is a site where I can play good games and find worthy developers to back up.
Lol i think that's true for most of the people who come on this site. I mean, look at the modding community for this game. It just goes to show how many people like what he's doing.

badwonder

Apr 28, 2017
Lol i think that's true for most of the people who come on this site. I mean, look at the modding community for this game. It just goes to show how many people like what he's doing.
Exactly, I liked the game before I tried on the mods, now it is one of my favorites.

Tinymanhood

Modder
Jun 6, 2017
That's not the case in the US, at least. Here you can absolutely sue for copyright infringement even if you haven't registered
But it is registered, just not to him. He doesn't have any legal rights what so ever. He doesn't have copyright and he doesn't own the license. 20th Century Fox does. He can't sue anyone. Well maybe in the states, but there you can sue anyone for anything.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes