FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
That reminds me, is there an archive for older versions of this game?

Kemono doesn't have everything, but you should be able to get a very early/Rogue only versions.

Last edited:

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017

Kemono doesn't have everything, but you should be able to get a very early/Rogue only versions.
So, wait, he did the first versions of as early as 2015?
There's a joke to be made about taking 8 years to include her, but I'm actually kinda amazed he included fan favorites before his personal and obvious thicc squirrel fetish :unsure:

Exocrine

May 12, 2023
That version of SG is so much worse than the current concept art we have now. Glad he revised her look.

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
So, wait, he did the first versions of as early as 2015?
There's a joke to be made about taking 8 years to include her, but I'm actually kinda amazed he included fan favorites before his personal and obvious thicc squirrel fetish :unsure:
Nah. It's just a coincidence. I'm pretty sure that Oni didn't get the idea to put the X-Girls that he drew in 2015 into the game until 2017 at the earliest, which is when his pin-ups seemed to have stopped and the game was picking up steam. Also, one of his older posts mentioned that this whole game was meant to be just a one-off with Rogue only, and I remember another one saying that Kitty would have gotten her own separate game.

That said, that I'm basing this all off of what I'm seeing on Kemono. I haven't looked into where else he posts his art, like if he still does the pin-ups between game updates on Newgrounds, HentaiFoundry, or wherever.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Nah. It's just a coincidence. I'm pretty sure that Oni didn't get the idea to put the X-Girls that he drew in 2015 into the game until 2017 at the earliest, which is when his pin-ups seemed to have stopped and the game was picking up steam. Also, one of his older posts mentioned that this whole game was meant to be just a one-off with Rogue only, and I remember another one saying that Kitty would have gotten her own separate game.

That said, that I'm basing this all off of what I'm seeing on Kemono. I haven't looked into where else he posts his art, like if he still does the pin-ups between game updates on Newgrounds, HentaiFoundry, or wherever.
He stopped doing pin-ups all together to basically work on the game "full time". Of course he has a full time job already apparently but who knows what that is. No point complaining about anything though since I've already whined about this enough.

Kotansky

Oct 11, 2017
He stopped doing pin-ups all together to basically work on the game "full time". Of course he has a full time job already apparently but who knows what that is. No point complaining about anything though since I've already whined about this enough.
what the fuck do you mean he has a full-time job, isn't he getting like 9k from patreon?
What do you need that much money for

Lulu66638

Jul 5, 2017
what the fuck do you mean he has a full-time job, isn't he getting like 9k from patreon?
What do you need that much money for
Unless he's completely dense, Oni must be aware an unknown part of his fandom is more of an hatedom (the whys have been discussed again and again in this thread) so it's basic precaution to keep your day-job in case a significant part of your patreons hit the limit of their tolerance to you BS and you suddenly find yourself without a decent income. At least that's how I explain why he didn't made this game his full-time job despise all he earns from it.

Other hypothesis: he's really living the high life (imperial suite in a palace hotel filled with whores, drugs and champagne) and does indeed need all the money he can get. That would also explains why updates are so slow: me too, if I were to live like that, would be distracted from my work. :sneaky:

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
Is there concept art for Squirrel Girl from Oni?
I tried searching, I tried going back 20 pages but didn't find anything.

armond

Apr 26, 2020

I'm glad the idea evolved into what it is today

Reactions: Exocrine
4.40 star(s) 149 Votes