Aug 9, 2018
If they're adding Psylocke is she gonna be in her original non-Asian British body or the body of the Asian woman she was transferred into?
Oni should go full throttle here and give Betsy the ability to body swap with the other girls.

but that would probably considered a new feature and we can't have that

• Haha
Reactions: RiloLaki

Laritas

Jul 10, 2023

Juan Sanchez

Oct 26, 2017
Final news on the poll here, peeps.

So the Next Girl poll has concluded, and the winner is. . . Betsy! Look forward to our posh Asian-British telepath in an upcoming version! I have some fun ideas to use with her powers in unique ways, so she won't just be an Emma clone, and I think her personality will add some fun spice from a character perspective. Also, for those pushing for one of the other candidates. . . keep your eyes open on that front. . .

In other news, I talked a little about some family medical drama last time, and how it seemed to be getting back on track, well that hit a curve ball, and now we're kind of back to square one. It's still not immediately dire, the doctors think a full recovery will come eventually, but it's still disheartening to be back in the hospital after being almost done with the recovery. Oh, also everyone got covid last week, so that was great (we'd all been vaccinated, so it was barely an issue, but still not fun). This has taken a lot of my time and attention over the past week, but I should still be able to get an interesting version 1.5 out within the next couple of months. I appreciate all the kind words in prior posts on this topic, but I also take my responsibilities seriously to get fun new stuff out there.​
I'm happy we're gonna have sexy Japanese-British ass

KamiKazoo

Jul 11, 2017
That Betsy redesign honestly kinda reminds me of Andi Benton from the Venom comics.

On the one hand, I do wish Oni had just stuck to the Evolution aesthetic (though I can understand he'd have to come up with his own designs for Emma and Psylocke, considering neither of them appeared in that series, and let's be real, I'd rather have 92 Jubes over the evolution version). But it's just jarring seeing Evo Rogue Ororo and Kitty in what is supposed to be Evo's setting, with characters who don't share that design aesthetic. I have a hard time imagining this version of Jean as Evolution Jean for a lot of reasons, personality wise and looks, it's just not her, which, again, I get because Oni has frequently stated he doesn't like Jean. I'm still scratching my head over why he decided to include characters like Gwenpool in it when he could have just added more Evolution characters like Wanda and Tabitha, but hopefully this will get rectified.

Reactions: vireker and red1988

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
That Betsy redesign honestly kinda reminds me of Andi Benton from the Venom comics.

On the one hand, I do wish Oni had just stuck to the Evolution aesthetic (though I can understand he'd have to come up with his own designs for Emma and Psylocke, considering neither of them appeared in that series, and let's be real, I'd rather have 92 Jubes over the evolution version). But it's just jarring seeing Evo Rogue Ororo and Kitty in what is supposed to be Evo's setting, with characters who don't share that design aesthetic. I have a hard time imagining this version of Jean as Evolution Jean for a lot of reasons, personality wise and looks, it's just not her, which, again, I get because Oni has frequently stated he doesn't like Jean. I'm still scratching my head over why he decided to include characters like Gwenpool in it when he could have just added more Evolution characters like Wanda and Tabitha, but hopefully this will get rectified.
Yeah Jean is not EVO Jean, but honestly? ive grown really fond of bitchy Jean, i hope psylocke turns out fun like that too.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes