aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
I can understand how some people were expecting something closer to comic book squirrel girl
God I hope the people expecting comic book version of squirrel girl weren't talking about this comic book version of her.
1706515604355.png

Cause if they do then they need a serious dosage Jesus in their life.

So to my understanding so far Squirrel Girl is only a cameo character at this point? She's the one who brings in Psylocke and does not get any development afterwards? I guess it's still a WIP then
From the past few times Oni added a cameo / easter egg character, it usually means they will get added next or soon.

Cause it means he probably working on their art and sprites in the background, and adds them as a teaser.

So as much as Squirrel Girl grosses me out, she probably going to be the next character after Betsy (Psylocke).

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
God I hope the people expecting comic book version of squirrel girl weren't talking about this comic book version of her.
View attachment 3305736

Cause if they do then they need a serious dosage Jesus in their life.

From the past few times Oni added a cameo / easter egg character, it usually means they will get added next or soon.

Cause it means he probably working on their art and sprites in the background, and adds them as a teaser.

So as much as Squirrel Girl grosses me out, she probably going to be the next character after Betsy (Psylocke).

Well it is really the torch passing--we went from Gwen becoming a cameo character when having sex with Laura to an actual character then Squirrel Girl becomes the bridge for getting Betsy and maybe we'll get a Wanda cameo when Doreen becomes an actual character lol. Idk but that's just me, she appeared out of nowhere when going to the mall with Jubilee which is pretty random.

But we know fans like us would also love to see Magma, Boom Boom and a ton of characters down the line...man this game has been going on for nearly 8 years now, time does fly fast

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Zepheral
Sep 7, 2019
I thought of that too, but if the events have consequences, tie the progress to the event, not the leveling system. There's also nothing to say a character's development has to be tied to the storyline (In case you're not aware, they have quests for characters but also a main storyline. Quests are things like, "get Rogue's love and trust up to 725" or something like that. Main storylines are actual plot. Like hate crime happens or Juggernaut attacks). The game as it is now, you can't even take off take off their bra until like chapter 2, after a sentinel attack. Like, what about your friends getting killed by sentinels have anything to do with how a girl feels about you? On the other hand (in the game, after plot, you usually get some new powers because of plot), if things only change between you and a girl because you've gotten new powers(forced upon you, might I add. Like these powers happen whether or not you level at all) or you get hurt, that kinda says the girls only love you because of power or sympathy. Which...yeah, kinda says you shouldn't with these girls. Like no amount of reassuring from Rogue will convince you otherwise (this is an actual plot point in the game. Rogue says she doesn't fall for you because of your powers repeatedly.)
TBH I'm not sure if I fully understand how it works and why you find it so jarring. But I think I will try to prioritize NH after I finish game I'm currently playing, so I just might come back to you in a few weeks. It is intriguing.
From your description, it seems like they have a story they want to tell much more in mind than Oni. And one of the fundamental aspects in good storytelling is pacing. In RLE stats are everything: to be or not to be. Stats afford you actions, and you get some baseline reactions (what girls say, descriptions of actions) but narration of the game and directions is mostly in your head. NH seems to want to interweave stats progression with relationship progression with overarching story progression. They are probably inspired by classic CRPGs (you know, classic Bioware etc) and romance in these games is always gated by story events. But you are right, it is more world-state than progression-system driven, but from your description to a degree so is NH, when you describe, that you can't progress with Rogue until chapter 2.
I can see that. Though, for me, their powers should add spice to the whole sex thing. I like that Kitty in RLE can steal people's clothing. I would like it if there were more things like that. Well, beyond blackmailing/handling Prof. X.
Well, absolutely. Kitty powers at last have some use, but how many uses of her powers, a real perv with imagination, can imagine? And some telepathic touching... But telepathy and telekinesis can again be abused in so many ways... I actually find the premise of how Rogue and her powers factors in starting the whole cycle quite fun and compelling, but I think more might be done with it. My own idea for the game is variation of the theme.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
I thought of that too, but if the events have consequences, tie the progress to the event, not the leveling system. There's also nothing to say a character's development has to be tied to the storyline (In case you're not aware, they have quests for characters but also a main storyline. Quests are things like, "get Rogue's love and trust up to 725" or something like that. Main storylines are actual plot. Like hate crime happens or Juggernaut attacks). The game as it is now, you can't even take off take off their bra until like chapter 2, after a sentinel attack. Like, what about your friends getting killed by sentinels have anything to do with how a girl feels about you? On the other hand (in the game, after plot, you usually get some new powers because of plot), if things only change between you and a girl because you've gotten new powers(forced upon you, might I add. Like these powers happen whether or not you level at all) or you get hurt, that kinda says the girls only love you because of power or sympathy. Which...yeah, kinda says you shouldn't with these girls. Like no amount of reassuring from Rogue will convince you otherwise (this is an actual plot point in the game. Rogue says she doesn't fall for you because of your powers repeatedly.)

I can see that. Though, for me, their powers should add spice to the whole sex thing. I like that Kitty in RLE can steal people's clothing. I would like it if there were more things like that. Well, beyond blackmailing/handling Prof. X.
It's a glorified slide show when "story happens" and the get love to 720 or whatever just gate off content, so if you want sex get that love high, you can, as far as I've seen never order them to suck your cock like you can in RLE. The depth in null is an illusion.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
TBH I'm not sure if I fully understand how it works and why you find it so jarring.
Not jarring. Just irritating. I feel like games needs to have a direct cause and effect. Like how many times you stubbing your toe shouldn't end up being the number of cities in a game (unless there's an established mechanic involved). I feel like such things take away player agency and, unless there's a real reason for it (horror games, plot twists, etc.) taking away player agency makes for a worst game.

But I think I will try to prioritize NH after I finish game I'm currently playing, so I just might come back to you in a few weeks. It is intriguing.
From your description...
Please tell me when you do. I wouldn't mind hearing another take on it.

Well, absolutely. Kitty powers at last have some use, but how many uses of her powers, a real perv with imagination, can imagine?
I guess challenge accepted?(I know it's not a challenge but it's a fun thought) Voyeurism. Leaving "tempting" items. Blackmail (if you're into that type of thing that's common in netori). Flashing/streaking (can't catch what you can't touch). Teasing/edging. Denial play (can look, but can't touch). Prostate play? Bondage. (rather than taking clothes, slipping on restraints) Hmm... I think that's my limit for now.

And some telepathic touching... But telepathy and telekinesis can again be abused in so many ways... I actually find the premise of how Rogue and her powers factors in starting the whole cycle quite fun and compelling, but I think more might be done with it. My own idea for the game is variation of the theme.
In all sincerity, good luck. It sounds like a fun premise and idea and I would love to see it if you make it.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Well, absolutely. Kitty powers at last have some use, but how many uses of her powers, a real perv with imagination, can imagine? And some telepathic touching... But telepathy and telekinesis can again be abused in so many ways... I actually find the premise of how Rogue and her powers factors in starting the whole cycle quite fun and compelling, but I think more might be done with it. My own idea for the game is variation of the theme.
If we are talking about how the powers should affect lewdings, shouldnt Laura be constantly regenerating her hymen?

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
I dunno, tried it the other day and it felt like it was just trying to shove RLE in an average RenPy WEG shaped hole. Extremely linear and stiff chapter based progression requiring to progress all girls simultaneously, verbose sentences, seemingly no depth to mechanics or the sex minigame, grind heavy with no room for metagaming and a menu hell that feels made up of 4 different games. Very puzzling design philosophy, like they liked the X-Women harem idea more than the game itself.
Yeah that was my impression too, plus Ororo is rough looking in this game.

Sep 7, 2019
If we are talking about how the powers should affect lewdings, shouldnt Laura be constantly regenerating her hymen?
And probably could smell your smell on other girls (if you wanted to write her as jealous or maybe as a signal to her animal instinct, that you are the dominant male in the pack)... and her regeneration should affect her stamina. Honestly don't have too many ideas for Storm powers (ones that come to mind are in femdom directions, which is not my preference), and I'm not that familiar with Gwens, but yeah, you can work with many of them.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes