prime559

Apr 21, 2017
How far along in development is this, in terms of completion?
This is a hard question to answer. It's been functionally complete a few times. Every time Oni finishes implementing a new girl it's "complete", but he borks up stuff whenever he adds a new girl, then takes time to fix it. The last "complete" version was 1.4e, the current version (1.52a) is incomplete because Betsy and Doreen aren't fully implemented. I don't see a scenario where Oni is ever done adding new girls (as long as he makes money), but the two new girls don't really add anything new to the game. They're just new skins.

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
Sure, I can buy that the first half dozen of times, but studios big enough to draw attention from that quality syphon have market research and should know full well their games will go to shit and their companies too if they let that sickness in.
I think it's a few things.
  1. One is just how cozy the CEOs of SBI-and-adjacent are to each other and to the (dying) mainstream gaming media.
  2. Two is how much thought influence these Walmart Karens have on other women who work for the gaming companies...women who then go and whisper sweet threats in the ears of their marketing departments, etc.
  3. But the biggest cause is companies like BlackRock who offer millions in investment loans to gaming publishers (I once did some math and found that before their layoffs earlier this year Insomniac was spending over $47,000,000/year on employee pay alone). BlackRock-and-adjacent companies are BIG into DEI, and I would be shocked if they too weren't mandating content (not just in gaming but all companies they invest in) and a certain "DEI-score" to get more money. Money they get from nearly everyone's 401k's which they manage.

Also, King Conan-Rogue, stolen from Google because I've only had 7900 hours yet not-enough Jack Daniels to work on my MSPaint masterpiece:
1719497101418.png

armond

Apr 26, 2020
  1. One is just how cozy the CEOs of SBI-and-adjacent are to each other and to the (dying) mainstream gaming media.
  2. Two is how much thought influence these Walmart Karens have on other women who work for the gaming companies...women who then go and whisper sweet threats in the ears of their marketing departments, etc.
  3. But the biggest cause is companies like BlackRock who offer millions in investment loans to gaming publishers (I once did some math and found that before their layoffs earlier this year Insomniac was spending over $47,000,000/year on employee pay alone). BlackRock-and-adjacent companies are BIG into DEI, and I would be shocked if they too weren't mandating content (not just in gaming but all companies they invest in) and a certain "DEI-score" to get more money. Money they get from nearly everyone's 401k's which they manage.

Also, King Conan-Rogue, stolen from Google because I've only had 7900 hours yet not-enough Jack Daniels to work on my MSPaint masterpiece:
View attachment 3775346
I guess they truly were, the days of high adventure

jungmonk

Nov 9, 2023
This is a hard question to answer. It's been functionally complete a few times. Every time Oni finishes implementing a new girl it's "complete", but he borks up stuff whenever he adds a new girl, then takes time to fix it. The last "complete" version was 1.4e, the current version (1.52a) is incomplete because Betsy and Doreen aren't fully implemented. I don't see a scenario where Oni is ever done adding new girls (as long as he makes money), but the two new girls don't really add anything new to the game. They're just new skins.
Thanks for the reply. I see, that business model seems like a typical thing these days (with mixed opinions …) It can make sense to me but depends on communication I suppose.

Also is there any in-game indication (or via mods) that those two girls aren’t finished being implemented? That’s an example of a small thing that can reflect a dev’s intent.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: armond

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019

View attachment 3775346
Sure, yeah. But a game can still be good with some DEI inserted. The mere presence of those mfs outright worsens the games.

• Thinking Face

RiloLaki

May 16, 2022
Sure, yeah. But a game can still be good with some DEI inserted. The mere presence of those mfs outright worsens the games.
Possibly. Nobody cares who is screwing who (unless they're not screwing the MC and it's not an NTR-fetish title) in games, or who finds whose butt attractive (again unless the dumper is dumpy). But what we have instead is ham-fisted writing, (wo)mandates from executives (like Microcock) demanding "Ugly Women Only" (straight serious on that one - look it up), and other bone-headed ideas in an attempt to appeal to a demographic which isn't interested in spending money on their product but helps their dei-scores. If it's not for loans in a desperate attempt to keep their businesses afloat then I don't know what.

Which is why people have been turning to piracy+mods & indies (which games like Rogue-Like Evolution fits the definition of) so much lately.
1719519303710.png

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
Possibly. Nobody cares who is screwing who (unless they're not screwing the MC and it's not an NTR-fetish title) in games, or who finds whose butt attractive (again unless the dumper is dumpy). But what we have instead is ham-fisted writing, (wo)mandates from executives (like Microcock) demanding "Ugly Women Only" (straight serious on that one - look it up), and other bone-headed ideas in an attempt to appeal to a demographic which isn't interested in spending money on their product but helps their dei-scores. If it's not for loans in a desperate attempt to keep their businesses afloat then I don't know what.

Which is why people have been turning to piracy+mods & indies (which games like Rogue-Like Evolution fits the definition of) so much lately.
View attachment 3776339
Thats just too thick, i prefer my jean like this.
jean gets isekaid.jpg

Feb 10, 2020
Also is there any in-game indication (or via mods) that those two girls aren’t finished being implemented? That’s an example of a small thing that can reflect a dev’s intent.
There are a few poses yet to be added, which do get a "this option isn't available yet" message whenever it crops up.

• Wow
4.40 star(s) 148 Votes