Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
aside from bugs, Oni seems to be anti-Bethesda.

Bethesda gives you a long story with mildly interesting things and more side content than most games have as main stories, but while they’re all different it is mostly kinda bland and uninteresting, leaving you to have to dig for the real fun stuff.

Oni gives you no story with a small handful of incredibly interesting things but mostly the same thing over and over again, just with slightly different graphics, with the unique and interesting stuff front and center as a disguise to how exactly the same everything under the surface is.
i disagree walking and fetch quests are hardly interesting tbh

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
Oni is already about half a year tweaking the game code, launching a version for the corona virus, updating mods, it seems that the game will end, so long that it is taking so long, I wouldn't be surprised if the next update was "v0. 990n ".
For those who expect to see Storm or Gwenpool, I say: just time travel for 7 years from future.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
What did Oni have to say on his latest post today?
Edit I deleted my post, here's the full of what Oni's Patreon update said:

Ok, the update is coming. Not today, probably not tomorrow, but in a few days or so. I have almost everything done now, a little more art and animation needed, but the sprite is fully in the game now, the story content is all done, it's really coming together.

I wanted to give everyone, especially new patrons, an idea of what's up with these releases. It's important that people understand that the first version I put out will almost certainly be broken AF.

Do not download it if you just want to play and have fun, you will not.

The first version out is more for people who enjoy hunting down bugs, which my community has been blessed with. There will be bugs, maybe some right out the gate, that will block progress, lead to weird animation issues, crash the game, etc. It will be very frustrating if you just want to get into Jean's pants ASAP. Over the first few days, I expect to release several more versions as truly game-breaking bugs are isolated and fixed, hopefully leading to generally more and more stable versions, then if the game becomes reasonably stable the updates will slow down a bit, but I will likely continue to fix smaller bugs and add small amounts of new content over the next few weeks, so don't expect a fully "finished" build of this version until then. If you just want to play and have fun, I recommend you hold out until then.

So what will this update have? Well Jean will be added to the game, with an intro, relationship milestones, dating content, study content, fondling, handjobs, various global scenes, etc. What won't this update have? She still doesn't have her sex, anal, blowjobs, titjobs, or footjobs content, that will come in the next major version, as there is not currently any art for it.

Jean will be a very interesting character. Her stat balance skews heavily towards Inhibition, and she starts off not particularly caring for you. My goal is that there will be ways to progress with her through either a love-based route or an obedience-based route, generally speaking, but these both might require some balance passes to get just right. I expect lots of feedback on how well these are going. Her stats will function a bit differently than with the other girls, so expect things to get weird. She also has a few unique capabilities that you might discover as you play, mainly focusing on the fact that she does not respect other characters' agency.

So, TL;DR, Jean is coming, she will be weird, she will have some, but not all of her sex content in, and then the next version in a few months should add most if not all the rest. We'll see. I also have some fun stuff I've been working on in the background that I expect to add in a later build.
Ok, the update is coming. Not today, probably not tomorrow, but in a few days or so. I have almost everything done now, a little more art and animation needed, but the sprite is fully in the game now, the story content is all done, it's really coming together.

Last edited:

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Oh so to make a hanjob animation he neaded more than a 6 mounths -_\ And of course it will be bug free.

Well till atumn than :cautious:
It's likely due to a half-assed effort on his part due to being a shabby coder as well as the sole artist rather than some sort of Ponzi-scheme.

Reactions: Ghostload

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
I honestly can't say if Oni's patreons are very patient or very submissive, half a year just fiddling with code, without any updates, I would have stopped giving money for a long time ago.
He has alot of patreons as far as I can tell; I give him $3 and I have access to the game & even voting, for three dollarydoo's a month is no big deal whatsoever. I don't defend people I'm just saiyan why get mad if the guy only asks a dollar a month for access to the game?

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
He has alot of patreons as far as I can tell; I give him $3 and I have access to the game & even voting, for three dollarydoo's a month is no big deal whatsoever. I don't defend people I'm just saiyan why get mad if the guy only asks a dollar a month for access to the game?
I understand your point, but I ask, what game? For a long time that Oni has only been hunting for bugs, and I know that in the long run, 3 dollars or 1 dollar, it doesn't seem like much a month, but in the long run, saving, putting together during that half year, it would be in the margin of 18 dollars, and 18 dollars converted to my country's currency, are at the base of 92 $, with 92 $ some families here do the shopping of the month.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
I understand your point, but I ask, what game? For a long time that Oni has only been hunting for bugs, and I know that in the long run, 3 dollars or 1 dollar, it doesn't seem like much a month, but in the long run, saving, putting together during that half year, it would be in the margin of 18 dollars, and 18 dollars converted to my country's currency, are at the base of 92 $, with 92 $ some families here do the shopping of the month.
It must be nice to only have to spend that much a month here where I live the costs are so high which is why $3 is nothing for me. I'm so poor myself I never spend money irregardless, even on food and I can still barely scrape by. It doesn't matter where you live, the situation of the world is bad for anyone poor, things never change.

Reactions: Ghostload

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
It must be nice to only have to spend that much a month here where I live the costs are so high which is why $3 is nothing for me. I'm so poor myself I never spend money irregardless, even on food and I can still barely scrape by. It doesn't matter where you live, the situation of the world is bad for anyone poor, things never change.
You misunderstood me, I meant that here in my country, due to poverty, poor government administration and theft of public money, up to 1 dollar becomes 5$, our economy is a joke, while the rich make millions in dollars, the poor have to survive on $ 150 in government aid, which is much less than half a minimum wage and converted into dollars equals 30 dollars.
so no, I didn't mean that we spent it, I meant that some families can ONLY spend it.

not that it's a problem to spend money on games, each one spends in the way that suits you, just saying that, in the long run, the costs are higher than you think. Mainly, if it has no results.

Reactions: DannyhelMont
Jan 11, 2018
And then you could bring to attention that this game is already FIVE years on patreon. 1$ a month for 5 years is 60$. Sixty.fucking.bucks. for a flash game

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
And then you could bring to attention that this game is already FIVE years on patreon. 1$ a month for 5 years is 60$. Sixty.fucking.bucks. for a flash game
I only recently became a patreon so I've only paid like two dollars so far. I mean a dollar per update then drop it until a new one comes out. No one's holding you to stay onto this for fifteen years.
Don't take your annoyance out on me I dindu nuffin at all in this case.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes