ShinGouki

Oct 5, 2018
I checked patreon & Oni posted some news he says two weeks but said that almost two weeks ago so chance are end of month or early November.
Wouldn't be surprised if he did some sort of Halloween event and that's why it took so long to copy/paste sex scene codes.

ParaplegicRacehorse

Jan 5, 2019
... So I bought a PineTab (linux ARM tablet) and I thought maybe I would use it for some light sexy gaming and chose Rogue-Like as a first go. When I try to launch, I get

Code:
Ren'Py platform files not found in:

/home/manjaro/Games/Rogue-Like-0.991h-linux/lib/linux-aarch64

Please compile the platform files using the instructions in README.md
or point them to an existing installation using ./after_checkout.sh <path>.

Alternatively, please set RENPY_PLATFORM to a different platform.
So I check in the renpy lib/ folder shipped with game archive to discover there is, in fact, not an aarch64 base.

Okay, says I, I'll just install ren'py systemwide and link it against that but ... wait. Shit. There's a whole bunch of stuff in here in the lib/<platform> folders that need compiling and I haven't the foggiest idea where to begin doing that.

Suggestions welcome.

ex789

Sep 24, 2018
... So I bought a PineTab (linux ARM tablet) and I thought maybe I would use it for some light sexy gaming and chose Rogue-Like as a first go. When I try to launch, I get

Code:

So I check in the renpy lib/ folder shipped with game archive to discover there is, in fact, not an aarch64 base.

Okay, says I, I'll just install ren'py systemwide and link it against that but ... wait. Shit. There's a whole bunch of stuff in here in the lib/<platform> folders that need compiling and I haven't the foggiest idea where to begin doing that.

Suggestions welcome.
Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

ParaplegicRacehorse

Jan 5, 2019
Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
I cannot imagine how rebooting would help but, yes, I have rebooted and still no go. I have also checked the Ren'Py documentation to check for environment variables I could set that might make a difference and, sadly, the docs are all for devs and have very little useful information for people trying to get a compiled game (VN?) to function.

ParaplegicRacehorse

Jan 5, 2019
Okay. Thanks to renpytom on the Ren'Py discord channel, I got it working.

Code:
$ renpy /path/to/game_directory/
It accepts touch screen input.
It rotates and scales with screen orientation.

It takes _forever_ to load (okay, 8-year old cpu and only 2G mem, go figure) and there are a whole bunch of scary keyboard warnings while you wait.
Graphic quality is really bad compared to laptop at same resolution. This is super-pixelated. Possibly a problem with the display drivers, though. I am running it on early-adopter hardware. :)

Probably would run much better than this on a Raspberry Pi or other recent SBC.

ex789

Sep 24, 2018
Okay. Thanks to renpytom on the Ren'Py discord channel, I got it working.

Code:
$ renpy /path/to/game_directory/
It accepts touch screen input.
It rotates and scales with screen orientation.

It takes _forever_ to load (okay, 8-year old cpu and only 2G mem, go figure) and there are a whole bunch of scary keyboard warnings while you wait.
Graphic quality is really bad compared to laptop at same resolution. This is super-pixelated. Possibly a problem with the display drivers, though. I am running it on early-adopter hardware. :)

Probably would run much better than this on a Raspberry Pi or other recent SBC.
Did you try turning it off and on again?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: actualrealname

cyan101

Apr 12, 2019

Code:

Suggestions welcome.
Just compile renpy from the source and it works fine, theres simple instructions as well

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018

Ok guys, time for another reminder that I'm alive. :) I've got most of the work for this one done, the TJ pose is finished (aside from some minor tweaks), and I just need to get her body working in the BJ pose to finish this one up. I'm still planning maybe later this week or early next.

On the downside, remember those computer issues I was having a couple months back? Well they went away for two months, and I thought they were gone, but they came back last week or so, and my PC's been randomly shutting down every day or two since. It's like working with a sword of Damocles or something. I need to get something new, but I'm waiting until the 3000 series cards are widely available. I'm thinking a 3070.

Pictured above is an alternate version of the sex pose I showed a few weeks back. Basically I just rotated it slightly more vertically. I think it looks ok, but might seem a bit too vertical, as the connect point between her butt and her back might be a bit awkward. I could switch it back to the first version without any real effort, so let me know which you prefer.

The alt pose he proposes is also included.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
On the downside, remember those computer issues I was having a couple months back? Well they went away for two months, and I thought they were gone, but they came back last week or so, and my PC's been randomly shutting down every day or two since. It's like working with a sword of Damocles or something. I need to get something new, but I'm waiting until the 3000 series cards are widely available. I'm thinking a 3070.
Sounds like a failing power supply. Someone should tell Oni go buy a new power supply. I had the same issue like 2 years ago where for months my computer would randomly crash, then one day I heard 2 loud pops from the back of my power supply and saw the capacitors blow and splash burning liquid all over my floor.

l e e

Mar 29, 2019

Ok guys, time for another reminder that I'm alive. :) I've got most of the work for this one done, the TJ pose is finished (aside from some minor tweaks), and I just need to get her body working in the BJ pose to finish this one up. I'm still planning maybe later this week or early next.

Pictured above is an alternate version of the sex pose I showed a few weeks back. Basically I just rotated it slightly more vertically. I think it looks ok, but might seem a bit too vertical, as the connect point between her butt and her back might be a bit awkward. I could switch it back to the first version without any real effort, so let me know which you prefer.

What time is the update?

ex789

Sep 24, 2018

Did Oni try turning it off and back on again?

ShinGouki

Oct 5, 2018
Yeah it sounds like a failing power supply, but Oni doesn't think that's what it is. Another Patreon suggested his computer was overheating and needed a thorough dusting. I'm not too sure about that because Oni said his computer just froze up on him and stayed that way for six hours before finally resetting it.

My computer's brand new liquid cooling fan stopped working last month after about a month's worth of usage and the computer never stayed on once the temps got too high, so I'm kinda doubtful that his computer is overheating myself. My money's on his power supply or Oni went and got himself a little viral package while surfing the web. Kinda iffy on it being the power supply though because I'm not really sure how that would translate to the computer just having a "stroke" as Oni put it. Maybe his hard drive is maxed out or is ready to give up the ghost? Technology, wonderful when it works, pain in the ass when it doesn't.

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
My parents' computer, bought to put in their store, had a similar problem, but it turned off after an hour or two instead of days. We took it to a computer store, expecting it to be the power suply... but they kept it turned on for days and it did not turn off.
I started thinking it may be the store's power instead, took it to my home... and it happened here too.

ex789

Sep 24, 2018
My parents' computer, bought to put in their store, had a similar problem, but it turned off after an hour or two instead of days. We took it to a computer store, expecting it to be the power suply... but they kept it turned on for days and it did not turn off.
I started thinking it may be the store's power instead, took it to my home... and it happened here too.
ok

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes