YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Ok, so I haven't really played the game in a long time. Last time I played was when Laura was just added. What's up with meeting Jean and her not bothering to know your name, quacking like a duck and all that jazz?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know Oni doesn't like Jean in general and to be honest I'm not really a fan of her either but was she always this bitchy or did he make her like this out of spite? It's been years since I've read or seen anything x-men related. Regardless, messing with her is hilarious.
Never from what we were told. But the idea here is that she is like this all along, but uses her powers to hide it in the face of everyone. But as we are immune she cannot pretend, so she doesn't even bother.

Also, I can understand the hate for her newer versions.

While at first both in comics and in the old cartoon she was as good a character as everyone makes her be, the voice of reason and emotional support of the team while still having great power, to the point they had to make her lack stamina not to steamroll most enemies. Thus why the whole Dark Phoenix thing was such a change for her...

But after that people seem to have forgotten her old character, only that everyone loved her and how much it sucked when she became evil, and she went from the one who keeps everyone sane to the canon mary sue.

Just look at her Evolution version.
She tries to be like the old one, holding back the others from making most stupid things and follow the rules... but instead of sensible and calm she ends up being forceful and preachy.
Her boyfriend is an asshole and that is made clear from his first appearance, and it is hard to believe she is not aware, but she still does nothing and they only break up in later seasons because of his dislike for mutants.
Also hard to believe she did not know Scott liked her there, there is one episode Kitty and Kurt break Scott's car to throw a party and she mentions it is a cliche, yet she clearly did not just tell him she was not interested.

ImmortalKing

Oct 14, 2018
How can i mod this? For example the textures? like recolor. Is there some kind of a tutorial to work with the files of this game?

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Is Rogue the only one with 'low affection' dialogues? If you build up obedience while keeping love low she'll tell you she doesn't really like you and can't stand to be around you... but still wants your dick, whereas the other girls seem to have one set of dialogue per path, no matter what the other stats are.
No. They all have same stages based on 3 stats.
You can spam "I love you" in flirt options, deny their touch-requests and you'll go through 4 (sorry, I meant 5) almost identical routs.
Have fun :/

Reactions: Abidin

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Never from what we were told. But the idea here is that she is like this all along, but uses her powers to hide it in the face of everyone. But as we are immune she cannot pretend, so she doesn't even bother.

Also, I can understand the hate for her newer versions.

While at first both in comics and in the old cartoon she was as good a character as everyone makes her be, the voice of reason and emotional support of the team while still having great power, to the point they had to make her lack stamina not to steamroll most enemies. Thus why the whole Dark Phoenix thing was such a change for her...

But after that people seem to have forgotten her old character, only that everyone loved her and how much it sucked when she became evil, and she went from the one who keeps everyone sane to the canon mary sue.

Just look at her Evolution version.
She tries to be like the old one, holding back the others from making most stupid things and follow the rules... but instead of sensible and calm she ends up being forceful and preachy.
Her boyfriend is an asshole and that is made clear from his first appearance, and it is hard to believe she is not aware, but she still does nothing and they only break up in later seasons because of his dislike for mutants.
Also hard to believe she did not know Scott liked her there, there is one episode Kitty and Kurt break Scott's car to throw a party and she mentions it is a cliche, yet she clearly did not just tell him she was not interested.
They call it "character development", and, like any 95% of it, it went straight to nowhere.
Sad.

Reactions: NODOGAN

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
you see, it could be if it happened organically through time. The experience with the phoenix force making her more relaxed with herself but also making her full of herself, until she slowly stabilized but some of it remained.

The stories I read seem more like she flip-flops.

And most of the alternate versions have the later behavior but everyone seems to act towards her as if she was the original version.

It is like what happened with Gwenpool.
She got popular, so people wanted her everywhere. So they put her everywhere, and her powers let her do it.
But no one really knew what to do with her, every appearence she got different and in most cases worse, to the point she lost many of her fans from this distorted oversaturation.
In the end, they made a miniseries where she was fighting to get fans back so not be pushed aside by Marvel and forgotten, there was a battle royalle involving the different versions of her, and the character herself stated she got out of control and could not tell who she really was anymore. She was just not the future version she met in her initial series.

Jean Grey went through something similar.
But she is a core member of what was once one of the biggest Marvel properties (the ending of Onslaught made them stay alive while the Avengers died because they were selling well and Avengers needed something to bting new readers. Nowadays Marvel itself tried to push them aside because Disney owns it but X-Men belonged to Fox... until Disney bought Fox).
Meaning they can't just remove her after a while without killing her and people wondering when she will return.
Because not only Jean Grey, known to come back from death, but also... comic books.

The list of dead mainstream comic characters who stay dead is only getting shorter. I remember reading a list that had Uncle Ben, Master Splinter, Bucky Barnes and Jason Todd. The later half returned, and since Ninja Turtles has so many versions with him alive and I'm pretty sure the old one is untouched for decades... does Splinter even count?

jojo0o

Apr 1, 2019
I tried converting the windows file to mac with renpy, but it removed the animations.
Is this an issue on windows as well, or should i just wait for someone to drop a mac version here?
edit: found 0.992d version for mac like 10 pages back, gonna try soon

Last edited:

Renault

Jun 20, 2018
*Snip*

The list of dead mainstream comic characters who stay dead is only getting shorter. I remember reading a list that had Uncle Ben, Master Splinter, Bucky Barnes and Jason Todd. The later half returned, and since Ninja Turtles has so many versions with him alive and I'm pretty sure the old one is untouched for decades... does Splinter even count?
Ah yes, Jason Todd. Resurrected because Superman Prime punched his way out of Heaven due to boredom. I refuse to let that lame ass reason be forgotten.

FatuousOne

Nov 17, 2017
Ah yes, Jason Todd. Resurrected because Superman Prime punched his way out of Heaven due to boredom. I refuse to let that lame ass reason be forgotten.
Actually, one specific oneshot made it so Bat-Mite was responsible (Red Hood Annual in 2007 or so).

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
isn't bat-mite batman's version of mxzplitn/a fanboy Q? wouldn't it be the same as writers saying "we brouht him back because we wanted to, a wizard did it"?

FatuousOne

Nov 17, 2017
Yes, but established god-like being obsessed with Batman still makes more sense than the reality bending PUNCH, somehow.

4.40 star(s) 149 Votes