mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
yayeet879 that's a hilarious and accurate summary of a whole lot of the story right there.

Really prevents the game from being better. At least the sex was entertaining, especially in the latest few updates - earlier sexy times were a bit...lackluster, I think is a good way to describe them.

Reactions: mofonistik

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Android isn't done by Jill, it's done by another developer m3nic so, the answer is probably "it's not possible to hide the interface in android."

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
what is the diff between this game and sword of wonder ? It's the same story but from jack perspective or juste the same characters ?

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
joe powa there are some overlapping scenes with both games, but Romancing the Kingdom is more 3rd person, has a lot of lesbian scenes and much fewer hetero scenes than Sword of Wonder.

The story isn't identical either, though there are overlapping elements. Same characters, yes. Same story? Eh, same elements, you could say, but different stories.

Reactions: afterlights

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
greet game so far just a lack of love for now (yeah i have a soft hearth), jack and polly have some love going on, but it's not really the point of the game and seems of writing and rushed, and well i'm here for the lesbian, but for now no lesbian love TT (sadness). The scenes are really greats, the women pretty, and some have greats characters too !

• Angry
Reactions: BGRW2020

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Romancing the Kingdom .80 Release Notes
Hey there-
It's been almost exactly 4 weeks since the final, final RtK .75. What's amazing to me is, this is a bigger update, with more animation, and in that span of time I also published the Sword of Wonder HD (with two updates, just released version .99 yesterday on April 4th).
What's changed in this version?
  • Updated April 5th, now available for PC, Mac, Linux and Android (via supporter links below).
  • Four new adult scenes - added to Scene Replay;
  • More than 1121 animation images...more than last time, and more than 40 unique animations (more smaller ones as well).
  • 270+ still images also to tell the story of the 19th, 20th, and part of the 21st day in the story.
  • Updated timeline in game to 22 days until the ceremony, which means...
  • - next update, the .85, will be the first of the last updates; in other words, the endings, the culmination, will be in .80, with bug fixes / updates after that addressing only issues along those lines

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Can you play this game fully lesbian?
The progression of the story makes it difficult to avoid sexual encounters with Jack. It's unfortunate, but this is one of the few games I've compromised on heterosexual content.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
What a pity. This update forces you to have sex with Jack. I have -90 points with Jack and until now, I had been able to avoid any type of sexual encounter with men. I've been as rude as possible with Jack to lose points and avoid interactions with him. But I see that this doesn't matter. And suddenly, I am forced to have sex with Jack. Twice. What logic is there in this? None, in my opinion.

I liked this game. Polly is very hot. But now, I will definitely quit the game.

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
It's a pity that could not be avoided sex with Jack in this update.
It would be great if could avoided sex with Jack!

Ra87

Aug 16, 2018
Romancing the Kingdom [v0.80] - Compressed

Original Win Size: 3.36GB
Win Compressed Size: 396MB - Mega - WorkUpload

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey hi, sorry if I'm bothering you, could you make the game a separate compressed version for .64 and .32 bit? I have a screen that is fine for .32 games but if you put the executable for both .64 and .32 in the same folder, the latter gives an error and annoys me not being able to play a perfectly functional game until previous update

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
I got the notifications for replies here, then figured I'd check on the developer since a few people seem...salty.

From her Patreon page -
.80 Version update question: option to skip Jack scenes?
I saw some complaints about not being able to skip sex with Jack from the .80 update today on a forum...
...near as I can tell, none of you are paying me money that complained about this, so, shrug. Want me to edit it?
Subscribe :)
Hugs & kisses;
Jill.
PS: Surgery this Thursday, fingers crossed it goes well. Not only is it expensive, but alas, I'll need time to recover. I'll post probably over the weekend, let people know I'm still breathing, etc.
Seems like they're going through a lot - yet people are whining who (based on her public post) probably didn't pay her anything...surgery, if you aren't aware, in the USA is really expensive. Even with health insurance, etc.

It takes cajones bigger than I have to complain about the service, when I got the meal for free. Just my two pence.

(I'm taking the threads here as learnings since I started working on my own game, Magical Restart).

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
.80 Version update question: option to skip Jack scenes?
I saw some complaints about not being able to skip sex with Jack from the .80 update today on a forum...
...near as I can tell, none of you are paying me money that complained about this, so, shrug. Want me to edit it?
Subscribe :)
Hugs & kisses;
Jill.

from his patreon.

Interesting feedback, thank you all for the comments. Yes, it's mostly lesbian scenes right now more than likely (I haven't kept close track).

That being said, there are a few key themes / branches to the story in my plan:
1) Polly & Jack "True Love," story (think Princess Bride perhaps)
2) Polly & Guards, "I don't need to stinking man," and yes, this would be almost 100% lesbian
3) Jack & Briley, as the step-sister is hungrier and willing to do whatever it takes, this would be a mostly hetero path.

Clearly, I need to improve my game-making skills. If you have specific things "hey, it's too !#@$@ repetitive," or other, I'm happy to make changes.

Maybe I should change the title to "Etruscan Princess"?

Even then, I agree, the architecture doesn't match Etruscan more than likely, so maybe it should be, "Anglo Princess" ?
so back than you said there were a 100% lesbian path and now you force the players to have sex with a male. thats a real "dick" move. and than you go and say become my patreon if you want it to get changed? i know you want to make money with it, but that is not a way to get patreons. thats more a way to scare away ppl.

• Angry
Reactions: Durbog and BGRW2020

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
stahalle very good point about what the developer said in the past.

Could be there were bugs in the update - could be, as I mentioned (seems like you didn't see me post her notes on the patreon page before you did, shrug), or could be other stuff. I can't imagine what somebody's going through when they have unknown medical issues.

The way I'm designing my game, Magical Restart, there will be some calibration I imagine at some point with my "Swag O'Meter," which is the in-game way I'm going to meter out events. Swagger too high? Some events / choices might not happen. Swagger too low? Same.

From playing Being a Dick, there were two extremes "Dik," and "Chick," as polarities on choices...I'm not certain how Romancing the Kingdom works, but from reading, seems like it's a simple variable counter for events, right?

If that's the case, you could pop open Ren'py with one of the tools here, and edit the script I think.

Something like this:

if $variablename here < X: # where X is some value, and $variablename is the in-game variable
jump $nextscene # where $nextscene is the name of another scene in the game that you would skip to

More or less, I'd imagine patching the thing would only take me an hour or two at most, unless the code is really shitty or obfuscated.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes