Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

pervoyeur

Oct 22, 2018
But what did they do? They asked their patreons to vote for the game if they like it (and obviously we did like it, and voted.) What is wrong with that? I can't say if anybody created accounts and made fake reviews, but I read on patreon and here about at least 7 or 8 people, like me, who thought: "Yes, good idea, I like that game, I rate it." And because some of us liked the actual update that much, some gave it 4 or 5 stars. And they deleted all of them as a punishment. I didn't read all ratings, so I can't judge this.
For me, they ARE creating a good and enjoyable game and I'm absolutely sure that after this update many more people are going to enjoy it.
So, you've just confirmed that you were sent to do this. Interesting. The review process is meant to be an approximation of a random sampling of players, by asking patrons to do this it made it anything but random.

I'd been thinking for weeks that there was a new update because everyday I'd log in and see a new review. This would cause me to ask myself if I wanted to risk trying it again. But then I'd check the update page and there was no new game. As this went on I became increasingly aware of how odd it was, my other followed games hardly ever get reviews when there's not a new release. So, today when I see that there actually is a release and that it's rated almost five stars, I think maybe I should play it. So, I decide to read some comments and see what's new, only to find the beginning of the shit show that is the last ten pages. Your inflated review rate almost made me waste hours of my time on a game that I already have decided isn't for me.

There's a reason that it has a 2.5 rating, half the people that play it love it and the other half hate it. Look at the ratings, there's no 3s and not many 2s or 4s. It's a polarizing game and as such the rating should naturally reflect this. What the Dev was having you do was 100% trying to game the system and the aforementioned shit show should be all the demonstration needed for why it shouldn't be done.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
The admin make his point and deleted all „ 5 stars Fakes
the admin deleted all reviews made by new users or users that never did post, rate other games
that did come here to manipulate the game ratings and per se boost the game to an unfair Rank.
If u cant even understand it , be my guest
And if u see the reviews not all 5 stars are deleted, just the suspicious ones.

Pianoman you are not wrong to rate a game based on your opinión, however when a dev make others come, make new accounts to rate his game 5 stars , the moderators will have no mercy on them because is a rule to keep ratings real and deserved.

Last edited:

Pianoman

Feb 22, 2018
So, you've just confirmed that you were sent to do this. Interesting. The review process is meant to be an approximation of a random sampling of players, by asking patrons to do this it made it anything but random.

I'd been thinking for weeks that there was a new update because everyday I'd log in and see a new review. This would cause me to ask myself if I wanted to risk trying it again. But then I'd check the update page and there was no new game. As this went on I became increasingly aware of how odd it was, my other followed games hardly ever get reviews when there's not a new release. So, today when I see that there actually is a release and that it's rated almost five stars, I think maybe I should play it. So, I decide to read some comments and see what's new, only to find the beginning of the shit show that is the last ten pages. Your inflated review rate almost made me waste hours of my time on a game that I already have decided isn't for me.

There's a reason that it has a 2.5 rating, half the people that play it love it and the other half hate it. Look at the ratings, there's no 3s and not many 2s or 4s. It's a polarizing game and as such the rating should naturally reflect this. What the Dev was having you do was 100% trying to game the system and the aforementioned shit show should be all the demonstration needed for why it shouldn't be done.
You are right, it is really polarizing. Yeah I did not think that it could be wrong to rate it like I feel. I didn't think of the rule, that a developer is not allowed to ask for a good rating in here. If I had, I had never posted my rating now. I'm sorry that you're upset and don't like the game that much as I do. I know now to be really careful with when and how I rate a game :)

ding1807

Jul 1, 2018
the admin deleted all reviews made by new users or users that never did post, rate other games
that did come here to manipulate the game ratings and per se boost the game to an unfair Rank.
If u cant even understand it , be my guest
And if u see the reviews not all 5 stars are deleted, just the suspicious ones.
my post got deleted aswell, i have never rated before but my account isnt new and i like this game, didnt see the point...

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
my post got deleted aswell, i have never rated before but my account isnt new and i like this game, didnt see the point...
Ah, that why delete my 2 month ago. Maybe I belong to the boost unfair, soo soo isn´t important as you see, thanks I keep this in mind.
they may have deleted some "not fake" reviews on account of the dev trying to boost the ratings, that happen, they cant personally go 1 by 1 to make sure and it may be suspicious if those account have never rated,post or otherwise only rate,post in this thread.
Get my meaning?

pervoyeur

Oct 22, 2018
You are right, it is really polarizing. Yeah I did not think that it could be wrong to rate it like I feel. I didn't think of the rule, that a developer is not allowed to ask for a good rating in here. If I had, I had never posted my rating now. I'm sorry that you're upset and don't like the game that much as I do. I know now to be really careful with when and how I rate a game :)
It's all good brother. I was a bit upset at first and some of the less reasonable users didn't help this but there's no ill will here. We aren't all gonna like the same stuff and that's fine, variety is a beautiful think. Keep being reasonable and open minded, it's an unfortunately rare set of character traits.:)

Asuka_geil

May 20, 2017
Stuck at 55/100 i go now for 2 weeks at 24:00 to the master bedroom but no event trigger any other tipps?
Thx Asuka

Reactions: Quie

Pianoman

Feb 22, 2018
Stuck at 55/100 i go now for 2 weeks at 24:00 to the master bedroom but no event trigger any other tipps?
Thx Asuka
There could be 1 event missing. Maybe try again her room 21:00, pool 15:00, bath 09:00 and pool 08:00 (several times). And she has to be happy, of course.

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Thx Asuka
PIANOMAN
"There could be 1 event missing. Maybe try again her room 21:00, pool 15:00, bath 09:00 and pool 08:00 (several times). And she has to be happy, of course."

One thing I learned playing this game is change up where you meet Amy at 8:00 go to the pool and do the Yoga. Take a shower and see if she shows up, or go to the dining room. Amy can also be in two places in after she gets back from school. Pool or living room I am not sure of the time but I am thinking 1600.

Last edited:

Horizon666

Jun 30, 2018
Threetees Why bother? If we want to be technical, all the characters are what? Two years old or so aren't they? I think that's how old the game is and when the fictional characters were first created.

I really, really, really wish people would learn to be able to distinguish reality from fiction. You cannot hurt a fictional character. It is impossible to hurt something which does not exist in reality.

Reactions: Tease Me
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes