Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I’ve also been following walkthrough, but came across problem when opportunity to hack the water in both locations happened about the same time. I can’t hack water in kitchen, only bathroom. So I’m not able to get her out of her clothes, and the Sunday photo studio event won’t trigger now and I’m on day 35? Impossible to get out of rut when things go off the rails. That’s the biggest issue that seems to keep appearing regardless of what/where you are. One bug and infinite loop.

yep....what needs to be incorporated in the coding; if a specific trigger is missed; other things need to freeze (not advance) until that trigger is tripped. If I miss something the game was looking for at 11 on day X and I miss it, then I should still be able to do it at 11 on day X+1, or X+3 if X was a Friday.

Last edited:

dmmt

May 8, 2020
The walkthroughs on his patreon page are very good fwiw.

In which case, the player isnt truly playing the game are they? They are following, sentence by sentence, a closed loop virtual novel. So, why present the illusion of choice to begin with? Just write it as a storybook in the first place. If what you want is a GAME, well, that is what should be written then .

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
In which case, the player isnt truly playing the game are they? They are following, sentence by sentence, a closed loop virtual novel. So, why present the illusion of choice to begin with? Just write it as a storybook in the first place. If what you want is a GAME, well, that is what should be written then .
In some ways you're right - but it has been widely required that players - especially in this forum -did require that all events must be accessible. In that case it's (almost) impossible to make a game as you describe. The game part is simply that you must learn their daily routine and follow the small hints in the game - if you do not follow that you'll not be able to pass.

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
In some ways you're right - but it has been widely required that players - especially in this forum -did require that all events must be accessible. In that case it's (almost) impossible to make a game as you describe. The game part is simply that you must learn their daily routine and follow the small hints in the game - if you do not follow that you'll not be able to pass.
I have no intention of insulting you and i applaud what youre doing. We're working on one and its hard just getting the basics all together.
But that isnt remotely true. You built an rpg. Theres zero reason to require player with stats x y be in room z on day 12 at midnight and NOT to have completed quest x .. etc etc.
The way to do it programatically is "if time = midnight and playerstat 1 > a and girl_is_present_completed != 1 then Girl_is_present() (or call girl_is_present or whatever). You should never do if player.stat1 > x and player.stat1 < y and time= 12 and questx= 1 then Girl_is_present(). #1 makes that scene hapen once at ANY time the player shows up at midnight in the room once he has worked up the lust or whatever stat.. but only once. #1 makes that happen exactly once, IF the player happens to do exactly what you planned on him to do, and it's a particular day.. most players are going to miss that.

Again i appreciate your game (id LOVE it and play it if you didnt use the same model for all 3.. ill be happy to make you a couple models btw.. your renders are brilliant and your game is WELL DONE). So this isnt an attack it's constructive criticism in hopes to help you make the game better. I think youre doing a great job

Reactions: Celaviegroup

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I do hope my post didnt feel like an attack/insult. I have not coded since the olden days when I did FORTRAN and COBOL (in the 1980s), so I am by no means capable of doing "better". I REALLY want to like this one since as I mentioned earlier, I have an affinity for petite females and I have always found perky little A/B cups to be sexy as hell. Unfortunately, most devs seem to think GGG is the smallest they should be rendering.

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
Room for Rent feels different, i think you should not give up about your unique selling point.
So many games follow basically the same patterns, have you played one of em - you played em all.
I love that Room for Rent, does it different and it feels very nice and fitting for me, last time a game kept me awake like this was the personal assistant.
So ya it`s hard to please em all but i hope this game stays "special".

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I have no intention of insulting you and i applaud what youre doing. We're working on one and its hard just getting the basics all together.
But that isnt remotely true. You built an rpg. Theres zero reason to require player with stats x y be in room z on day 12 at midnight and NOT to have completed quest x .. etc etc.
The way to do it programatically is "if time = midnight and playerstat 1 > a and girl_is_present_completed != 1 then Girl_is_present() (or call girl_is_present or whatever). You should never do if player.stat1 > x and player.stat1 < y and time= 12 and questx= 1 then Girl_is_present(). #1 makes that scene hapen once at ANY time the player shows up at midnight in the room once he has worked up the lust or whatever stat.. but only once. #1 makes that happen exactly once, IF the player happens to do exactly what you planned on him to do, and it's a particular day.. most players are going to miss that.

Again i appreciate your game (id LOVE it and play it if you didnt use the same model for all 3.. ill be happy to make you a couple models btw.. your renders are brilliant and your game is WELL DONE). So this isnt an attack it's constructive criticism in hopes to help you make the game better. I think youre doing a great job
Thanks for your inputs. I don't see it as criticism at all. I'll be more than happy to see other examples of girls - indeed. I don't know how far you are in the game - but I can tell you that there is a reason for that. You'll discover that - when you play release 13 events. So far more than 10 girls are in the game and the new girls are very different from the 3 first girls as you'll see.
The game is huge and in order to keep track on everything I need to do it my way :). The game is event driven and from release 12 you'll see that you don't need to go to a certain room at a specific time any longer. I have simply made the time span wider. Keep in mind that I try to make the game as linear as possible. I try to avoid that a girl is shy in one room and ready to fucked in another room. I need to get hold on all girls so it's really not that easy.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I do hope my post didnt feel like an attack/insult. I have not coded since the olden days when I did FORTRAN and COBOL (in the 1980s), so I am by no means capable of doing "better". I REALLY want to like this one since as I mentioned earlier, I have an affinity for petite females and I have always found perky little A/B cups to be sexy as hell. Unfortunately, most devs seem to think GGG is the smallest they should be rendering.
Not at all - every constructive inputs are always welcome. Girls - me too - that's why you'll never see big butt fat - huge tits old women in my games :)

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Petite is my thing irl and in images as well. Unfortunately the world thinks if a woman weighs under 150 she has to be portrayed as a 12yo it's frigging bizarre. It's QUITE ok to have a 21 or 31 or 41yo weigh 110....

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Petite is my thing irl and in images as well. Unfortunately the world thinks if a woman weighs under 150 she has to be portrayed as a 12yo it's frigging bizarre. It's QUITE ok to have a 21 or 31 or 41yo weigh 110....
Unfortunately people have different opinion of age depending where you come from. In some areas girls at age 18 looks like someone at 14 and in other countries it's the other way around. I make my girls in DAZ Studio and it can be extremely difficult to design girls looking at certain ages independent where you're living in this world.

capitanqueso

Jul 6, 2019
Unfortunately people have different opinion of age depending where you come from. In some areas girls at age 18 looks like someone at 14 and in other countries it's the other way around. I make my girls in DAZ Studio and it can be extremely difficult to design girls looking at certain ages independent where you're living in this world.
Your girls are perfect! Perfect size, perfect butts, perfect boobs, no excess in make up (pretty much that is the factor that I think makes most girls look like 40 yo) wish others draw like you, I mean, you can play a game like DMD and have a girl that "acts" childish, have a pretty young face and a body from a playboy centerfold model from the 90's because you can tell is kinda cartoonish, but you simply can't play a game like Babysitter and tell me that the girls are under 25, even early 30's, they look almost too real (to "old" women), I don't think there is a place in the real world where a real girl under 20 looks like that (not without surgery at least) Meanwhile your girls, they do look kinda cartoonish but still with "standard" body shape and faces, personaly I love that, besides it gives you the advantage to say that they are even older to what they look like (not the cop though, her babyface is kinda disturbing at times, lol)

• Red Heart

dmmt

May 8, 2020
following the spreadsheet W/T, step by step, hour by hour and it never sends me to Amys room to get her night dress, but tells me on Thurs, Day 16 to wash it at 1800. Cant do that, w/o having the nightwear. Looking ahead, it again says to wash it on day 27, but never sends to her room to get it so you can wash it.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
following the spreadsheet W/T, step by step, hour by hour and it never sends me to Amys room to get her night dress, but tells me on Thurs, Day 16 to wash it at 1800. Cant do that, w/o having the nightwear. Looking ahead, it again says to wash it on day 27, but never sends to her room to get it so you can wash it.
Go to Patreon site and download official WT. That might help

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes