Tool RPGM RPG Maker Auto-Translator

Asuna.

SushiGames
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Could somebody help me out with using translator++ ? I've been trying to use it to translate Exposure Quest from H.H. Works on DLsite, but when I export the data folder into the base folder, nothing is translated.
I'm Having the very same problem, i hope there's someone out there more familiar and advanced at using it that can help us out. Right now the only thing i've been able to use it for is extracting game cg's. Some games i Use an online Decryptor and others work on another rpg decryption program i found. All in all if one can extract game cg's i guess its no point translating the game, but then again its better to actually pass the hours playing and have scenes pop up organically. Really need tips on this.
Rename "Game.rgss3a" to "Game.rgss3a.bak".

Also, make sure you have extracted game.rgss3a first! For that, I use RPG Maker Decryptor.

anondude6500

Sep 18, 2017
Rename "Game.rgss3a" to "Game.rgss3a.bak".

Also, make sure you have extracted game.rgss3a first! For that, I use RPG Maker Decryptor.
Tried that, and it still didn't work. Extracted with the decryptor and then tried using Translator++ after renaming and still nothing.

Asuna.

SushiGames
Game Developer
Nov 25, 2017
Tried that, and it still didn't work. Extracted with the decryptor and then tried using Translator++ after renaming and still nothing.
Translator++ often messes a lot of stuff up! First of all, let Translator++ decrypt Game.rgss3a. Then do your translation with Translator++. After done translating, use the decryptor to extract the files from Game.rgss3a. Then, apply your translation on op of it.

Also:
For a test, use the original script.rvdata2 file. Mistakes Translator++ makes are stuff like / n instead of /n. It tends to add a space between / and a letter. That space causes crashes and should not be there.

Also look out for % s -> should be %s. Sometimes you can also miss a ' or a ". It has also happened to me that I needed a uppercase N instead of a lowercase n (not common).

Reactions: Yoori

anondude6500

Sep 18, 2017
Translator++ often messes a lot of stuff up! First of all, let Translator++ decrypt Game.rgss3a. Then do your translation with Translator++. After done translating, use the decryptor to extract the files from Game.rgss3a. Then, apply your translation on op of it.

Also:
For a test, use the original script.rvdata2 file. Mistakes Translator++ makes are stuff like / n instead of /n. It tends to add a space between / and a letter. That space causes crashes and should not be there.

Also look out for % s -> should be %s. Sometimes you can also miss a ' or a ". It has also happened to me that I needed a uppercase N instead of a lowercase n (not common).

Tried all of that, and I'm just having no luck whatsoever. Also, for the past week or so, I haven't been able to translate *anything*. Even if I try using the bing translator instead of google in Translator++

ZixSum

Nov 9, 2018
Translator++ keeps giving me this error in the CMD prompt during translation and it becomes stuck forever
Code:
Error parsing Script マニュアル 基本編: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'d'.., index=18197, ruleStack=[

Witchy95

Feb 20, 2018
Anyone else getting a problem where some maps don't show up at all? Everything else works fine I can translate and output the files and they work in-game, but some random maps just don't appear in the list (Map036, Map55), don't know if Im doing something wrong or if its a glitch with the software...

Witchy95

Feb 20, 2018
Anyone else getting a problem where some maps don't show up at all? Everything else works fine I can translate and output the files and they work in-game, but some random maps just don't appear in the list (Map036, Map55), don't know if Im doing something wrong or if its a glitch with the software...
Nevermind, I figured it out! Turns out maps without any dialogue aren't included in the list.

ZixSum

Nov 9, 2018
I translated the whole game by replacing the script file with one from another game and swapping it back but the script file from the original game, But it still won't translate the original script file, How do I manually translate the script file or get it to work with the auto-translator, Part of the inventory and the entire saving system isn't translated because it's part of the script file.

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
HOLY SHIT GUYS THIS ACTUALLY WORKS........cut and pated from ULMF

Hey guys,

An anon over at 8ch's /hgg/ developed a tool that automatically machine translates Japanese strings of RPG Maker games to English IN the game. In other words, you no longer have to go through various hooks in ITH or chiitrans hunting for the correct text in stubborn games. It also caches the translated blocks so they can be easily accessed next time.

Installation
1. Download and install Ruby 2.2.x (32 bit). I'm not sure if you need all the optionals before the main install but just get them anyways, especially the second box. rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
2. Download and extract the translator program.
(Older version, less buggy, use this one first)
(New versions will be posted here, wait for next update)
3. Run the .exe, open up settings in the top left and specify the folder for the output dir. Make sure there are no Japanese characters in the path. (It should look like C:/Folder/OutputFolder)
4. Specify the game you want translated by finding its .exe in the game directory path row. Again, make sure there are no Japanese characters in the path.
5. Hit translate then wait

If your game isn't getting translated or the program is stuck on "cache loading", open up auto_translate.rb in notepad, delete the contents, and then copy all the text from line 2 down in ghostbin.com/paste/gzrs5

Also, since the project is open-source, and I don't know how to code, if someone knows how to integrate an offline translator like ATLAS, that'd be great since right now it's using an online translator. (or make a program that can take the string in and return the translation, then the creator said he would integrate it himself.)

A few pictures:
NOTE: cant seem to download from filedropper.com best download from github......also rpg mv games are not supported yet(not that i know of any jap dev using that)
Each file for download friend opens the page but there is nothing there

Hehexd1111

Jun 8, 2017
Hello, I need some help. I can translate everything fine but when I export file into a folder, it say something like "system can't find specific blablabla..." and when I open the folder it blank. Are there anyway I can do this manually or anyway to fix it? Thanks.

Sword26

Donor
Aug 8, 2016
looking to get couple games from doujin circle Gyu translated i already downloaded the translator from here but not having any luck actually translation i also got Translator++ the games in question tho are Magika Detektive Anette - Kisekae Sleuth RPG / Hirameki Knight Rena both use rpg XP

FraZean

May 8, 2018
So, i got a problem here. Why the text from the translator out of the screen ? I need to deal with this "cut-off". Anyone have the same problem with me ?

Surufa

May 25, 2017
guys i have a problem with translator ++ i have proved every version till the date and in all of the tries i got this error "Fatal error: Uncaught com_exception" when i try to translate any RPG maker games except for the RPGM MV ones (tose translate pretty good). if anyone can help me i drop the full error code below

PD: wolf games just extract in the temporals files and dont let me translate either.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PD 2: it is not because i named the disc A: , i tried in other computer and its the same.

pasunna

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2019
So, i got a problem here. Why the text from the translator out of the screen ? I need to deal with this "cut-off". Anyone have the same problem with me ?
The rpgm engine had limited length of line
your translator word longer than the line so it cut off the boundary
No way to fix it without edit in game editor itself

Reactions: FraZean

Shade177

Feb 2, 2019
HOLY SHIT GUYS THIS ACTUALLY WORKS........cut and pated from ULMF

Hey guys,

An anon over at 8ch's /hgg/ developed a tool that automatically machine translates Japanese strings of RPG Maker games to English IN the game. In other words, you no longer have to go through various hooks in ITH or chiitrans hunting for the correct text in stubborn games. It also caches the translated blocks so they can be easily accessed next time.

Installation
1. Download and install Ruby 2.2.x (32 bit). I'm not sure if you need all the optionals before the main install but just get them anyways, especially the second box. rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
2. Download and extract the translator program.
(Older version, less buggy, use this one first)
(New versions will be posted here, wait for next update)
3. Run the .exe, open up settings in the top left and specify the folder for the output dir. Make sure there are no Japanese characters in the path. (It should look like C:/Folder/OutputFolder)
4. Specify the game you want translated by finding its .exe in the game directory path row. Again, make sure there are no Japanese characters in the path.
5. Hit translate then wait

If your game isn't getting translated or the program is stuck on "cache loading", open up auto_translate.rb in notepad, delete the contents, and then copy all the text from line 2 down in ghostbin.com/paste/gzrs5

Also, since the project is open-source, and I don't know how to code, if someone knows how to integrate an offline translator like ATLAS, that'd be great since right now it's using an online translator. (or make a program that can take the string in and return the translation, then the creator said he would integrate it himself.)

A few pictures:
NOTE: cant seem to download from filedropper.com best download from github......also rpg mv games are not supported yet(not that i know of any jap dev using that)
what is the output file? Is it just a folder that I make or is there somewhere specific that I have to set it too?

prestomantee

Jul 20, 2018
Tried using it and got lots of:

Translation API failed for [アンカ] with message: 767: unexpected token at ''

What should I do?