VN Ren'Py RSSU - Retro Style Soviet Undies - Case#1 Ithaca Project [v1.6.5] [ErosAmor]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

The most attractive girl in the game?

• Total voters

TenrousE

Apr 30, 2018
if someone play this game on Mac,please tell me how to run this game,because i'm download renpy sdk 7.3.5,and I don't know hot to run game with this program..if someone is succes with this,please write how??

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
It's been six months since the last update, when can we wait for the update time?
When can you wait for the update time? I'm assuming you mean to ask when you can expect an update. I haven't seen any news since September (on Discord). On Subscribestar, Patreon, or Boosty, I haven't seen anything since some time around May, unfortunately. I hope ErosAmor69 is doing well.

Last edited:

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Just noticed that the English version took about a week longer to be released for 1.5.5 too - and this was only released today. So, hopefully, only a short wait now...

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Uh-huh. And how does being seen on here equate to being OK necessarily?
No such thing on the internet can tell you anything about the person being happy, loved, well-off financially and appreciated at work (which is what said person will care about). But it DOES say that said person is not dead or in a coma (which is all everybody else will care about). A happy new year to you too.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
No such thing on the internet can tell you anything about the person being happy, loved, well-off financially and appreciated at work (which is what said person will care about). But it DOES say that said person is not dead or in a coma (which is all everybody else will care about).
Well, it's not all I care about, which is why I said what I did. TBF, I don't actually care what "everybody else" cares about, so you're "I'm just sayin'" comment isn't actually relevant to the sentiment in my own. Your choosing to quote that single statement and then reply as if everything had been figured out made incorrect assumptions. It might be all you care about, and that's fair. Nevertheless, I still hope ErosAmor69 is doing well.
A happy new year to you too.
Hard to tell tone by just text (I'm assuming sarcasm), but in any case (with no sarcasm): Happy New Year to you as well!

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The dev has replied to a couple of Russian messages on Discord letting him know about a bug in the latest update (God bless Google Translate). I don't know if he's healthy, well-off and well-loved, but he's definitely alive and kicking.

BTW, a dev apparently logging in on this site does not mean they are doing well, or even alive for that matter; it wouldn't be the first time a dev passed away and someone used his account to log in for just a second. I'm thinking about Bad Teacher's dev, for example.

Reactions: gojira667

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The dev has replied to a couple of Russian messages on Discord letting him know about a bug in the latest update (God bless Google Translate). I don't know if he's healthy, well-off and well-loved, but he's definitely alive and kicking.

BTW, a dev apparently logging in on this site does not mean they are doing well, or even alive for that matter; it wouldn't be the first time a dev passed away and someone used his account to log in for just a second. I'm thinking about Bad Teacher's dev, for example.
Yes, exactly. It's weird, but that doesn't mean "last seen here" means they actually were even here. And even if they were, it doesn't mean they're doing well.

Reactions: Aristos

ErosAmor69

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Russian only...
Uh-huh. And how does being seen on here equate to being OK necessarily?
No such thing on the internet can tell you anything about the person being happy, loved, well-off financially and appreciated at work (which is what said person will care about). But it DOES say that said person is not dead or in a coma (which is all everybody else will care about). A happy new year to you too.

Thank you all for your worries about me. I am more or less fine (as fine as one can be in our messed up world).
I'm currently working on translating a new chapter into English.
The fresh update covers almost a week of the protagonist's life, which is about 50% of the previous game content. It's got about 1200 pictures, about 30 animations and most importantly 2500 lines of text.
So the translation will take me some time.
But I think you will get the English version at the end of the week.

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Thank you all for your worries about me. I am more or less fine (as fine as one can be in our messed up world).
I'm currently working on translating a new chapter into English.
The fresh update covers almost a week of the protagonist's life, which is about 50% of the previous game content. It's got about 1200 pictures, about 30 animations and most importantly 2500 lines of text.
So the translation will take me some time.
But I think you will get the English version at the end of the week.
Why don't you use the standard translation scheme offered by Ren'Py ? It's more simple than maintaining 2 scripts structure and can be used by a moder to include other languages.

ErosAmor69

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Why don't you use the standard translation scheme offered by Ren'Py ? It's more simple than maintaining 2 scripts structure and can be used by a moder to include other languages.
I don't think it will be any faster. After all, the amount of text remains the same.
At the beginning, I did it that way, but the scheme proposed by RenPy looks like this:

# game/Ch13_Agree_Disagree.rpy:3
translate english Ch13_Agree_Disagree_96019679:

# olg "Ну так что, Артем? Ты принял решение?"
olg "So what, Artem? Have you made a decision?"

# game/Ch13_Agree_Disagree.rpy:12
translate english Ch13_Agree_Disagree_76c584ae:

# art "Извините, но я отказываюсь. Я в эти ваши игры не играю."

art "I'm sorry, but I refuse. I don't play these kind of games."

That is, each dialog command must correspond to one translation command, which must be in the same place in the game, otherwise errors will occur.
I have encountered that sometimes long Russian phrases correspond to short English ones (because English words are usually shorter).
Or vice versa - what in Russian is conveyed in a single phrase, in the English version has to be divided into several lines in order to convey the context of the conversation.
Since the subject matter of my game is different from most other "western themed" games and some points may not be clear to Western players.
For the same reason, additional footnotes have been added to the English version to explain certain words or cultural features of the Soviet era.
In the future, I plan to merge the two versions of the game into one (and add more languages - for example Chinese, which structure is very different from European languages). But most likely the script structure will remain the same - different script files for different languages. Only pictures, animations and sounds will be common.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 41 Votes