VN Ren'Py RSSU - Retro Style Soviet Undies - Case#1 Ithaca Project [v1.6.5] [ErosAmor]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

The most attractive girl in the game?

• Total voters

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Waaait a minute. Is Gerasim the maintenance guy Hercules? He mentioned that he once had to fetch someone from the underworld, not necessarily dead. Sounds like the rescue of Theseus during the 12th task.

Daria was also suspiciously confident talking about Ancient Greece. "Pani Daria", according to her own words quoted by Lisa, was surprisingly close to the truth. Could she be a nymph, since they are commonly associated with Pan?

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Waaait a minute. Is Gerasim the maintenance guy Hercules? He mentioned that he once had to fetch someone from the underworld, not necessarily dead. Sounds like the rescue of Theseus during the 12th task.

Daria was also suspiciously confident talking about Ancient Greece. "Pani Daria", according to her own words quoted by Lisa, was surprisingly close to the truth. Could she be a nymph, since they are commonly associated with Pan?
There are a ton of mythological references in the game. Even some of the names, like Artyom or Gerasim itself, are derived from classical Greek. Whether the references actually have some story connection or are just included for fun remains to be seen.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
There are a ton of mythological references in the game. Even some of the names, like Artyom or Gerasim itself, are derived from classical Greek. Whether the references actually have some story connection or are just included for fun remains to be seen.
Well, the drinking scene with Gerasim sealed the deal. The hints were getting so thick you could cut them with a knife. The nature of Daria is a more interesting secret. What if the whole "pani" thing was about her being nobility? Should we look for someone close to Heracles and not to Pan?

Deianira was associated with combat, and was described as someone who "drove a chariot and practiced the art of war."
:unsure:

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
I don't know how good the translation is, but the Russian version is great.
I do not think the tongue-in-the-cheek humor of this game can be fully understood my the newer generations of the Russians, not to mention the foreigners. It is a testimony to the dead Soviet civilization which has perished a long time ago and exists only in mythology like the Atlantis. :LOL:

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The dev replied on Discord today. He's got back to development now :D
Yep, I was really happy about that! I'm surprised you didn't include his reply here; it's only 3 lines:
ErosAmor09/01/2023 12:59 AM
Hi. Thanks for worrying about me. It's going well. I was actually at a camp where the party told me not to be lazy, but to work harder. :) Because people are waiting for more pictures with secretary Lisa. ;) Now I'm back from the camp and with renewed energy I've continued to develop the game. :geek:
I didn't see any details about the camp, though. Sounds like some Tony Robbins type of thing, like designed to increase inspiration or motivation. Hopefully that will be a nice push for EA. I'm just happy that he's doing well. :D

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Man this was a tiresome experience... i have nothing against minigames but i think dev went over the top with them.
You have not played a lot of minigames (or have forgotten many you've played) if you thought the minigames in this were "tiresome". In comparison to many others I've seen, these were pretty tame.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Artem is destined to find out that there is sex in the USSR too!
'late to the party, might give this a try.

The OP's line from his game description reminded me of a quote I've always remembered from a (serious) documentary about sex in the USSR, released shortly after the fall of the Berlin Wall. A Russian man was asked about the quality of Soviet prophylactics. His reply? "Russian condom like smelling rose through gas-mask."

ErosAmor69

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
'late to the party, might give this a try.

The OP's line from his game description reminded me of a quote I've always remembered from a (serious) documentary about sex in the USSR, released shortly after the fall of the Berlin Wall. A Russian man was asked about the quality of Soviet prophylactics. His reply? "Russian condom like smelling rose through gas-mask."
The Party made sure that Soviet citizens did not get venereal diseases. By order from the Civil Defence Department, rubber-technical factories produced "Article No. 1" - a gas mask and "Article No. 2" - a condom (made of the same rubber). :D

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The Party made sure that Soviet citizens did not get venereal diseases. By order from the Civil Defence Department, rubber-technical factories produced "Article No. 1" - a gas mask and "Article No. 2" - a condom (made of the same rubber). :D
It's efficient, in any case: only one type of rubber is required to make two different kinds of head coverings. :LOL:

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
The OP's line from his game description reminded me of a quote I've always remembered from a (serious) documentary about sex in the USSR, released shortly after the fall of the Berlin Wall. A Russian man was asked about the quality of Soviet prophylactics.
What doesn't vibrate and won't fit up your ass? A Soviet vibrating buttplug I wonder if we'll get to see one in the game.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes