s3ngine

Oct 17, 2020
Greetings,

ok, that's not great. I have a hunch: What game version are you using? I seem to be using 1.1.2, which would explain why my script file is apparently missing the function in the error message.
Sorry about that, I failed to consider the game version.

Regards, s3ngine

Edit: Meant to quote dero21

dero21

Apr 23, 2022
Greetings,

ok, that's not great. I have a hunch: What game version are you using? I seem to be using 1.1.2, which would explain why my script file is apparently missing the function in the error message.

Regards, s3ngine

the latest version that I downloaded here)

Saxxy

Jun 6, 2018
Is it possible to edit this file so you can configure rules without being enslaved? Having to go through the process of losing to change a rule is annoying and tedious as all hell.
Yes, and very easy actually. Simply open RBR_logicmanager.js and find the bottom line shown in the screenshot. Change REQS.SLAVED(true) to REQS.SLAVED(false) and you can now config rules without being enslaved. There will still be an animation showing the girls with the stingray guys, but it's purely visual. 1694966086499.png

Saxxy

Jun 6, 2018
Greetings,

Regards, s3ngine

I also crash with your scripts on the latest version

Saxxy

Jun 6, 2018
1694973601309.png
This seems to be the big issue. This code was missing in the earlier versions of the game, so if you add it to RBR_logicmanager.js battles load fine

Reactions: BobaTheOrc

s3ngine

Oct 17, 2020
Greetings,

This seems to be the big issue. This code was missing in the earlier versions of the game, so if you add it to RBR_logicmanager.js battles load fine
great, thank you for your assistance. Hope this may be of help to anyone trying the scripts. I haven't gotten around to updating my game yet.

Regards, s3ngine

Saxxy

Jun 6, 2018
I didn't get it, what is it? where is this from? where should I throw it? how do I throw?)
In the latest version of the game, the code I posted is in the RBR_LogicManager.js file in the js folder. You will have to copy paste this code (it should be at the very bottom) and add it to s3ngine's RBR_LogicManager.js file. This is because he modded an older version of the game that did not contain this piece of code, so when you try to play the latest version of the game, it will attempt to load this code and crash.
edit: I don't actually know how to format the code like it is in the file, but i put in the spoiler below what the text is supposed to be.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
RuledByRule-1.2.4
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

dero21

Apr 23, 2022
In the latest version of the game, the code I posted is in the RBR_LogicManager.js file in the js folder. You will have to copy paste this code (it should be at the very bottom) and add it to s3ngine's RBR_LogicManager.js file. This is because he modded an older version of the game that did not contain this piece of code, so when you try to play the latest version of the game, it will attempt to load this code and crash.
edit: I don't actually know how to format the code like it is in the file, but i put in the spoiler below what the text is supposed to be.

It worked)

Reactions: Saxxy

dero21

Apr 23, 2022
Greetings,

sure thing. Now, let's see if this works... ...ok, looks good.

zip file contains:
-) js/plugins/RBR_Const.js: Handles a lot of game variables and arrays, I changed the list of boss skills there, among other things.
-) js/plugins/RBR_LogicManager.js: As the name implies, holds much of the combat logic specific to the game
-) data/locale_en.json: Holds the english strings. I played around with adding new boss skills, but didn't finish it, so not entirely needed, but just in case
-) data/Skills.json: Holds data for the skills. Prominently, I changed the mp-cost of various skills here.
-) data/States.json: Holds information about various states, I changed the duration of some boss debuffs here.

The changes in the .js files are commented with the prefix //AG.

Some changes I failed to mention earlier:
-) Allowed various boss attack debuffs (pain, paralyze, dizziness) to last a turn longer
-) Healing skills (drone, energy drink) now cost 10 energy
-) When trying to fight your way out of slave state (by talking to citizens), on the first turn, only one minion per character is spawned. Otherwise, it would be mathemically impossible to win, since you never have enough energy to even deal with the minions first. I reasoned it's kind of a surprise attack on the part of the player party, so yeah.

I have to say I never tested these changes with additional rules in effect, because I never actually got to that point. I didn't see any issue in the code, but there might be some unexpected behavior. Do let me know, if you find any problems.
Also, the changes are mostly there to make playing with a fully equipped party a bit more challenging and strategic. Without equipment, some of the changes might make things more difficult. Though, you could always grind the easier enemies for some equipment anyway.

To install my changes, simply replace the files in their folders. I recommend backing up the original versions first, of course.

Feedback or ideas welcome :)

Interesting idea. I might look into it.

Regards, s3ngine
Well, now the game has become more complicated and balanced, cool). Only when the enemy hypnotizes and then rapes, you will not be able to act for a long time, including surrender. But as it is, this is a great mod to try again. It should be added to the main page for downloading

Saxxy

Jun 6, 2018
Greetings,

great, thank you for your assistance. Hope this may be of help to anyone trying the scripts. I haven't gotten around to updating my game yet.

Regards, s3ngine
No problem. Thanks for making the mod; it adds a lot more depth to the game. It was too easy before imo

s3ngine

Oct 17, 2020
Greetings again,

But as it is, this is a great mod to try again
No problem. Thanks for making the mod; it adds a lot more depth to the game. It was too easy before imo
I really appreciate you both saying that, glad you like it :)

Only when the enemy hypnotizes and then rapes, you will not be able to act for a long time, including surrender
Hmm, indeed, I guess the longer duration of certain debuffs might do that. If you'd like to try, you may change it back to normal, like so:
-) open the file /data/States.json
-) in the states with id 5, 6, 7, 30, 31 and 32 change the value "maxTurns" back from 3 to 2 (2 turns, since the game also counts the turn the debuff is applied)

Regards, s3ngine

Ramlhental

May 25, 2019
is there any compressed version of this? I played this game but I got 2 - 3 fps only on my laptop xD but playing other games using the same engine is still fine. and also there is no option for resolution or any graphic in game too so it's gonna be good if it's any compressed version

Reactions: PrisonWarden

kingofbrocoli

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
removed some silly attacks (a soldering iron, really? I mean, I guess somebody might like that kinda thing...)
I do.
Not really a fan of removing content, because it doesn't fit with my sensibilities. That's N.American/chinese translator tier.
Would it be enough to just add them back to "this.MAP_ENEMY_SKILL = {" part ?
Also the wait for reinforcemts is common sense appears to be broken.

s3ngine

Oct 17, 2020
Greetings,

I do.
Not really a fan of removing content, because it doesn't fit with my sensibilities. That's N.American/chinese translator tier.
Would it be enough to just add them back to "this.MAP_ENEMY_SKILL = {" part ?
Also the wait for reinforcemts is common sense appears to be broken.
Fair enough, I didn't mean to sound rude about it :)
Correct, simply put the skill back in the this.MAP_ENEMY_SKILL list. The numbers in front of these lists correspond to the id of the boss. As you noticed, I simply gave all the bosses all the skills. There is a reference somewhere, which boss has which id, but I can't remember exactly where. Should also be in RBR_Const.js.

Regarding the reinforment is commen sense rule: Ah, yes, I was afraid something like this might happen, thank you for your feedback. Can you describe the issue further? Does the combat softlock somehow, or do the reinforcements simply not show up?

I will say that I am not sure when I'll find the time to look into this issue, but I'll make sure to keep it in mind.

Regards, s3ngine

Reactions: kingofbrocoli

kingofbrocoli

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Fair enough, I didn't mean to sound rude about it :)
No, it's ok. I'm not upset because of your comment or anything. I'm just butthurt at commercial translators & will use any opportunity to shit on them.
Regarding the reinforment is commen sense rule: Ah, yes, I was afraid something like this might happen, thank you for your feedback. Can you describe the issue further? Does the combat softlock somehow, or do the reinforcements simply not show up?
reinforcements simply not show
I will say that I am not sure when I'll find the time to look into this issue, but I'll make sure to keep it in mind.
It's cool, I know how it gets.

2.90 star(s) 32 Votes