JzDzGz

Aug 21, 2017
Are there any current Patrons who can break down the different tiers? The descriptions just introduce you to Kelly, Genni, and Marika. I want to contribute this time around (hopefully things will keep going) just curious what you do or don't get out of each tier. Thanks

Reactions: vendarr

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Are there any current Patrons who can break down the different tiers? The descriptions just introduce you to Kelly, Genni, and Marika. I want to contribute this time around (hopefully things will keep going) just curious what you do or don't get out of each tier. Thanks
I think Mobum has three tiers: $5, $10, and $30. I might be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be specific bonuses for each tier (eg early access to releases, bonus artwork, or the other standard things various developers do entice people to spend more). Instead, Mobum's approach seems to be, "if you like the game and want it to keep going, consider donating." My understanding is that Mobum's Patreon is set to charge "per creation," so if months go by with no update, you're not continually paying. Here's what he wrote in his "About Mobum" section:

Hello, everybody!

This is the game I always dreamed to make for a long while, a sexy fantasy game, which you play as a farmer who has been living peacefully with family.

But one day, something happens and you have to bring an elf princess to the destination.

This game is basically free, and will remain as it is until I finish it. I am not planning to make lots of money out of this game. For myself, making game is pure hobby. (at least for now) However, having support from you will give me the motivation to go on (a nice cup of coffee for instance!), and also cover some expenses used for getting required assets (mostly DAZ assets).

What do I get from supporting you?
Well, a warm, nice hug from me maybe? But that's not all.. Supporters have a high possibility of getting their opinion to be reflected in the game later. (Story progress, new characters, or kinks you might have, etc) Check the tier description for each tier's reward.

If you think my project is worth supporting for and wants to watch it growing, please consider supporting my project!

Thanks!

Mobum

Anyway, the update is awesome. I had some idea of what to expect since I contributed to some scenes, but I was really blown away by the quality of the artwork and the immersion of the experience of Brexton, the third town in the game. It took awhile, but it's a huge update--there was much more than I was expecting. If you're a fan of the game, want to encourage Mobum to continue, and have $5 to spend, consider signing up! :)

Jazzgeoff

Sep 15, 2017
but I was really blown away by the quality of the artwork and the immersion of the experience of Brexton, the third town in the game. It took awhile, but it's a huge update--there was much more than I was expecting.
This is really encouraging, I really enjoyed the game on the previous release, even though it had some frustrating bugs. Are you able to speak to whether the bugs have been addressed in the new update?

Reactions: Sukebe_S

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
This is really encouraging, I really enjoyed the game on the previous release, even though it had some frustrating bugs. Are you able to speak to whether the bugs have been addressed in the new update?
Good question! The truth is... there's always gonna be bugs. Some are frustrating, and others are negligible. It's kind of a fact of life, particularly when you consider that just one guy (Mobum) is pushing a programming platform (Renpy) to directions that I've never seen anyone push it. Me personally, I've encountered occasional bugs in RP, but nothing "game-killing." At worst I have to restore to an earlier save point and do some inconsequential thing in a slightly different way. Takes me about 30 seconds, and I typically don't really remember the incident well enough to notify Mobum.

Seriously... I (an admitted programming idiot) can barely make Renpy serve as a primitive "choose your own adventure" platform. Mobum has somehow figured out how to make it a complex RPG combat simulator (in parts). I have no idea what he's doing or how he's doing it. I'm just glad I'm not responsible for any of that headache.

In addition to being a renpy prodigy and first-rate artist, Mobum is also dedicated bug-squisher. So, if you have bugs, report it on his Patreon, and he's quick to figure it out and grateful for the report. He wants the best possible gaming experience for fans. :)

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
There is actually quite a few of it. Basically all females have some non-MC options. I'd love much more of it but it's still a great update. Kinda lacks in Elly's departament for obvious reasons so I hope in a nearby future we either return home in some way or make some choices for her. Can't wait for a new update already

Reactions: vendarr and syrupu

syrupu

Feb 23, 2018
Loved the update.
There are a few game breaking bugs that I encountered but that's why it's an Alpha release. And appareently Mobum has already squashed most of them and is preparing the Beta release :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Beta is out!

4.30 star(s) 35 Votes