warbandit18

Aug 31, 2017
Good question! The truth is... there's always gonna be bugs. Some are frustrating, and others are negligible. It's kind of a fact of life, particularly when you consider that just one guy (Mobum) is pushing a programming platform (Renpy) to directions that I've never seen anyone push it. Me personally, I've encountered occasional bugs in RP, but nothing "game-killing." At worst I have to restore to an earlier save point and do some inconsequential thing in a slightly different way. Takes me about 30 seconds, and I typically don't really remember the incident well enough to notify Mobum.

Seriously... I (an admitted programming idiot) can barely make Renpy serve as a primitive "choose your own adventure" platform. Mobum has somehow figured out how to make it a complex RPG combat simulator (in parts). I have no idea what he's doing or how he's doing it. I'm just glad I'm not responsible for any of that headache.

In addition to being a renpy prodigy and first-rate artist, Mobum is also dedicated bug-squisher. So, if you have bugs, report it on his Patreon, and he's quick to figure it out and grateful for the report. He wants the best possible gaming experience for fans. :)
Btw did most of the scenes you messaged about(like a few months ago) get in this update or not?

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Btw did most of the scenes you messaged about(like a few months ago) get in this update or not?
Yeah. I corresponded with Mobum a lot and wrote quite a few scenes and lots of "throwaway conversations" to add texture to the world and give the characters something to make smalltalk about. I'd say about 80-90% of what I wrote got in. A few of the scenes that didn't get in might get in 0.5.

Sometimes he'd give me very direct instructions, "I need a scene which takes place in setting X, with characters Y and Z doing A, B, and C." Other times, he'd say, "I'm not really sure how to get there, but I'd like Character Z to progress in this direction, ultimately arriving at this situation." And then we'd bounce ideas off each other, and dialogues would generate out of that. My favorite experiences were when I would throw a wild idea at him: "hey Mobum, I'm not sure if this is possible for you to do on DAZ, but I had a fun idea for this character." And then he'd say, "OK, what's the idea?" And then I'd explain further, thinking "there's no way he can make this work in DAZ." And he was like, "hmmm... fun idea, let's give it a shot." So I'd write it, thinking, "this is too wild. It'll never make it into the game unless radical changes are made." And months later I'm playing the alpha and, lo and behold, there's the scene! Pretty much exactly like I was imagining it.

It was a very rewarding experience for me. I learned a lot about DAZ, renpy, and erotic storytelling in general. I feel a little guilty because (as you might know if you're familiar with my work) I write way too much. I'm not very good at keeping things concise, or saying no to elaborate goofy side-ideas. So I imagine Mobum would see my scripts and wince at all the rendering he'd have to do. But he's patient and ground it out. The fault for the long delay in this update probably lies mostly with me. But hopefully everyone enjoys it, and hopefully 0.5 goes even smoother.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I feel like at this point it's worth noting that after Randy/Kelly last corruption there is this text that more will come later. But we already left the village and even if we return it kinda seems pointless to leave this info. Unless there supposed to be another scene with them before we leave village which would seem like something that should be added before content that's far ahead. Just a small dig

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
On Mobum's Patreon, it says the 0.4 Final has been released. I wish to ask if it is only available to Patrons? I'm not complaining. He doesn't owe us anything, but I just wish to confirm that or if it will be released to the public later.

Reactions: Vovka

syrupu

Feb 23, 2018
How do you know? I'm trying to find any word from Mobum regarding this topic.
I have already uploaded the 0.4 Final version to different hosts but I'm holding until I hear what Mobum has to say about free tiers

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
I have already uploaded the 0.4 Final version to different hosts but I'm holding until I hear what Mobum has to say about free tiers
When you have the cure for cancer you shouldn't hold on to it until the manufacturer decides on a release date. People are dying every day because of it.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Well, many games on f95 are uploaded by Patrons before the public release date (if they have one). I think most developers don't mind that because of the nature of Patreon. In the same way you are not "buying" the game, instead supporting the developers on Patreon to make the game, you are not really bound by the usual commodity principles, which is that you buy a copy of the game. Personally, I think you have as much right as Mobum to distribute the game, because there isn't a wall of text detailing the copyrights and all that (I mean, we are pretty much past that point here :p). I think the common view is that if there is a generous Patron that would share the game with the community, then we are lucky. If not, then we will have to wait till the public release (some games don't even have that).

syrupu

Feb 23, 2018
Well, many games on f95 are uploaded by Patrons before the public release date (if they have one). I think most developers don't mind that because of the nature of Patreon. In the same way you are not "buying" the game, instead supporting the developers on Patreon to make the game, you are not really bound by the usual commodity principles, which is that you buy a copy of the game. Personally, I think you have as much right as Mobum to distribute the game, because there isn't a wall of text detailing the copyrights and all that (I mean, we are pretty much past that point here :p). I think the common view is that if there is a generous Patron that would share the game with the community, then we are lucky. If not, then we will have to wait till the public release (some games don't even have that).
Well yeah, I'm very aware of the pirating nature of this site, however, I feel a bit conflicted in this case as this dev doesn't milk anyone by only charging per release, and the updates are actually meaningful. So yeah, I personally think Mobum is doing everything right atm and I don't want to mess with that idk

Mobum

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Well yeah, I'm very aware of the pirating nature of this site, however, I feel a bit conflicted in this case as this dev doesn't milk anyone by only charging per release, and the updates are actually meaningful. So yeah, I personally think Mobum is doing everything right atm and I don't want to mess with that idk
Thanks for your consideration, I really appreciate your kind gesture! As I stated at my patreon page, I want to keep this game free to everyone, so sharing it is okay, provided that you're not using it for commercial use. But I want to give supporters to try the game a bit earlier than the others, and to prevent too many bug-reports, I want to hold off releasing the game to public until the troubleshootings are done.

4.30 star(s) 35 Votes