yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
A bit of an update for everyone -

Hi, I am Jack Oh. I was a writer with Runaway Princess before Mobum shuttered it with post 1745 and a post to his Patreons this past May. While a lot of questions remain about the nature of that departure, what isn't in question is the clear popularity of the game even now, five months later.

In the aftermath of that announcement, I formed One Hand Clapping Consortium and assembled a group of folk to recreate a reimagined form of the game. I loved this game and want it to continue.

The reimagined game, Princess on the Run, will not only recreate the previous version of the game through v0.4, but continue onward with a release of new stories, images, a bit more streamlined gameplay. A Discord server has been created to facilitate the development of Princess, and you are all welcome to join the server. It's a bit bare now, as everything is being recreated/reimagined, but more content will appear there for members. As well, a new Patreon page will be launched to allow for those interested in subscribing for this effort.

I noted that the game is being re-rendered; this is because the assets for the previous game are as gone as Mobum is. That means no 'dufs' or anything; almost everything had to be created from scratch. Approximations of most of the characters have been recreated from the Genesis 3 original models into Genesis 8. This might be a little bit jarring for players of the old game, but a lot of effort has been expended to make the characters as close to the originals, but updated.

As well, there will be new stories, new plot arcs, and sometimes new characters. While preserving much of the lighthearted approach to the stories, there will be some darker content. We are aiming to cut back on some of the grindquest-y stuff. Your suggestions at Discord are welcome.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone here know that the game isn't dead; its just in its chrysalis stage before a strange new butterfly [or dragon, but whatev] emerges with version 0.5.
Great news. I look forward to it's development.

Sedid

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 27, 2018
I sure hope he didn´t invalid the old link on purpose, but here you go:whistle:
Discord like is invalid again and I would like to join this server please : )

swbfvd

Aug 16, 2016
Yaaa am happy the game is surviving in a a way but sad about how the new Elly looks, her original model is like what endured me to her

Nadiv

May 25, 2023
The one i posted last week might have expired by now.
Try this one - - thats the one the devs shared them selves a few days ago.
Sadly this link is already expired again, is it possible to get a new invite link?

Benhy

Jun 11, 2022
Sadly this link is already expired again, is it possible to get a new invite link?
Hm, that was even the official one. This is starting to be a neverending story:HideThePain:

Edit: they just made a new one :sneaky:

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 35 Votes