Rales

Dec 6, 2017
The game is really weird and confusing without the incest patch: it sounds like the only change made by the author was to replace "sister", "father", "brother" and "mother" with "friend". The problem is, given how light the characterization is, family links seem to have been meant to fill the blanks. Without them, we don't know why Oscar liked these friends so much that he invited them into his shelter, or why he has so much authority (he was angry at Kera for having joined the Army without his authorization, for instance); or why the girls find it so taboo to have sex with their friend the main character.

On top of that, the characters' design makes it hard to guess a character's age without their saying. The main physical clue we get that Angela is a whole generation older than the other characters is... that she has bigger breasts. Jay is similarly coded, except that at least her face looks slightly more mature. Except for the sex scenes, where she looks very young. Oscar looks even more ageless, which adds confusion to the whole "friend" thing.

That being said, the game system isn't bad (except for some early-game grinding, and quite some repetition), I like how varied the characters are, and the art is fantastic.

Reactions: cooldude33

Dukeman19

Nov 30, 2019
Voice work for all the characters would be cool. I'd love to hear what all the main female and supporting female characters would sound like.

Reactions: Oghmios1337

Marsup

Nov 19, 2017
Hey sorry to bother everyone but didnt this guy also have 2 overwatch games. They were really short one was you were captured by widowmaker and depending on your choices you could turn the tables on her. The other one was a medical check up with Mercy. Maybe i have the creator wrong but Im fairly certain it was him. Does anyone know if im wrong or if he removed them?

RYUU-_-

May 24, 2018
Does the .23 incest patch work for the current version of the game or does it need to be updated?

• Angry
Reactions: ZTex
Sep 26, 2019
The dialogue box transparency slider doesn't stay down. I thought it was because I was using the y_outline.rpy file from this site, but even without that, when I set the slider all the way down it will go back up by itself, usually when I select the shower scenes.

I searched the thread but couldn't find anything about this. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

Rigo

Sep 17, 2017
Im not on board on all the focus on getting people pregnant. I mean, I know its kinda the goal of the game but It feels like we are getting "Yeah, now x character can get pregnant" in place of new characters, new scenery, new events and new interactions. And of course, new scenes.

Reactions: cooldude33

rainly

Dec 7, 2019
Maybe I didn't go through the discussion thread properly, but I can't seem to raise the flag for the spanking mindbreak scene with Melisa. I also don't know how to make her work at the brothel. I've not hired anyone else for the brothel yet, but it doesn't appear as an option in the "offer her a job" dialogue box. Could someone help me?

sam111

Sep 20, 2018
I also get this error whenever I try anything in 0.24 fixed patch

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
_window_show()
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
renpy.with_statement(trans)
TypeError: a float is required

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "events/general/player_room.rpyc", line 22, in script call
File "events/general/settlement.rpyc", line 139, in script call
File "events/android/android_route.rpyc", line 61, in script call
File "events/general/settlement.rpyc", line 149, in script
File "events/general/player_room.rpyc", line 22, in script call
File "events/general/settlement.rpyc", line 139, in script call
File "events/general/settlement.rpyc", line 149, in script
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 671, in execute
statement_name("say")
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 45, in statement_name
i(name)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
_window_show()
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
renpy.with_statement(trans)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "F:\Downloads\Shelter-0.24_Fixed-pc\Shelter-0.24-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1155, in render
back = render(style.background, bw, bh, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 347, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
TypeError: a float is required

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
S.h.e.l.t.e.r. - An Apocalyptic Tale 0.24
Tue Dec 01 00:32:34 2020

Any solutions ?
yes just go to game folder and delete script.rpy and run the game not until they patch is updated there is no other way around it

4.20 star(s) 146 Votes