Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020
I remember playing this game from early on and thinking that it had a lot of potential. However, as each update came out with less content I kind of realized the dev just wasn't really as into developing SHELTER as they were at the start. I mean just compare the length of the routes for the first few girls to what we got for the last few and its pretty self evident. Happy that the game got some form of ending and wasn't just an endless cash grab, but agree with others it could've been a lot more.

LenAnderson

Dec 15, 2017
The way this game went from 0.34 straight to 1.0 tells you how the dev decided to flip the table and give a big middle finger to the players.
Don't confuse software version numbers with decimal numbers. While I admit that there are a couple of games on this site where the author for some reason chose to use the version number as a kind of percentage guesstimate of how far along the game is, usually "0.34" does not mean "a little more than 33% done". It simply means "this is the 34th update to version 0". So basically the 34th pre-release version. Once it leaves pre-release and is considered complete, you get "1.0". Does not matter if the last version was 0.2, 0.34, 0.164, or 0.999.

Bloodmoon22

Oct 17, 2020
This is what i get when trying to open the game after downloading it this morning.

```
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label _call_hscene_start_mb_68 is defined twice, at
File "game/events/bandits/bandit_intro.rpy", line 176 and
File "events/final.rpyc", line 884.

The label _call_hscene_end_13 is defined twice, at
File "game/events/angela/angela_route_mb.rpy", line 172 and
File "events/final.rpyc", line 935.

The label _call_hscene_start_romance_73 is defined twice, at
File "events/final.rpyc", line 816 and
File "game/events/lucy_pregnancy_update.rpy", line 116.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sat Nov 13 06:37:47 2021
```

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of S.H.E.L.T.E.R. - An Apocalyptic Tale [v1.0] [Completed]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan S.H.E.L.T.E.R. - An Apocalyptic Tale [v1.0] [Completed]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

MisterDan

Feb 20, 2019
Every bloody update the android version breaks. I do the right thing, keep it installed, don't delete or remove anything. Update and it refuses to start every bloody time

Avenjq

Jan 29, 2018
"The Completed" tag is wrong.
The Fate of Irnia is still getting updates and so will this.
Tag Roundscape Adorevia as completed by this logic then.
Because this game is NOT completed.

Dec 1, 2017
If you check the dev's patreon they're working on a new sci-fi project. I'm sure the passion for this one died after 3 years and now it's time for new games. I'm sure there's lessons learned from working on this project that will make the new one even better, and I hope the next project can last as long as this one has. That said, the ending was a bit of a let down.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
I mean, could someone that is a patreon post what the " " and the " " posts actually say?

They're not on Kemono, I checked.

Redemtion

Sep 24, 2020
Wait wait wait this game is finished? Like really finished... Hmmm I wonder if they'll move on to another project probably gonna have to check that out

fijau

Aug 5, 2017
v0.34 straight to v1.00.

Yeaaah, the dev surely wasn't sick and tired of this one. A shame nonetheless.
This isn't how app and game version numbers work. It's not like counting from 0 to 100. It's even quite typical, that a version 0.99 turns 0.100, and continues.

Having said that... you're probably right about the developers' burnout :D

rsreaper

Jun 10, 2017
I remember playing this game from early on and thinking that it had a lot of potential. However, as each update came out with less content I kind of realized the dev just wasn't really as into developing SHELTER as they were at the start. I mean just compare the length of the routes for the first few girls to what we got for the last few and its pretty self evident. Happy that the game got some form of ending and wasn't just an endless cash grab, but agree with others it could've been a lot more.
Same thing happened with their other game The fate of Irnia. The beginning of the earlier routes were fleshed out and interesting. Then it felt like they got tired and rushed through the plot when you reach the kingdom. This dev comes up with great ideas, but usually gets lazy in the delivery.

Reactions: Vitklim
4.20 star(s) 143 Votes