LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
my guess is abandoned. the roadmap for phase 2 and 3 was supposed to be updated 2 months ago but still hasnt lol. game looks like its too much work for how little attention and thread activity the game is getting, let alone whatever dev was doing on patreon and steam.
There's this at least:

(This one is also relevant: )

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
There's this at least:

(This one is also relevant: )
Good to see. Damn looking at the patreon they are getting $59 a month, there have been devs here getting 1000+ and quitting for not making enough.

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
Good to see. Damn looking at the patreon they are getting $59 a month, there have been devs here getting 1000+ and quitting for not making enough.
In another thread some time back one guy accused the dev of milking their patrons due to the very slow updates and many changes to their game, but they had only 25 supporters and were making $89 a month at the time. I don't think that user bothered to check before speaking up it seemed. I think you'd have to be making at bit more than that for "milking" to be viable, lol.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
In another thread some time back one guy accused the dev of milking their patrons due to the very slow updates and many changes to their game, but they had only 25 supporters and were making $89 a month at the time. I don't think that user bothered to check before speaking up it seemed. I think you'd have to be making at bit more than that for "milking" to be viable, lol.
Lol I wonder if that guy lives in a country where $89 USD is like 6 months rent for him so to him its milking. Because no way is $89 something you milk, people spend more on their monthly Starbucks than that.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Lol I wonder if that guy lives in a country where $89 USD is like 6 months rent for him so to him its milking. Because no way is $89 something you milk, people spend more on their monthly Starbucks than that.
While milking certainly does happen, there are a lot of people around here who just throw the word around because they're unhappy and not because it's actually happening. I also see it used when a dev is basically withholding the content the complainer wants because the dev is prioritizing the content that Patrons have shown interest in, which would be more like "pandering" if you want to frame it negatively. These people complaining of milking are almost never actually financially supporting the devs that they complain about. It's when the actual current backers start complaining that you know that a project is having real problems, not the ones that claim they supported in the past but dropped it.
Claims to have previously supported the dev almost always sound like a lie to add weight to their complaints, by the way.

When someone starts chirping that devs are milking, I generally take it as meaning that they'd like to kill the game.
They're always suggesting that backers should stop supporting, and if that happens then the dev likely loses motivation to stick with the current project because nobody seemingly wants it anymore.

Personally, I'd rather see slow progress than no progress. I can come here to try something out or just throw money at a dev when an update drops while not keeping a sub rolling if they aren't delivering enough. I don't have to give the dev any money if they're not giving me what I want for it in return, but why should I care if other people are keeping a slow-moving boat from sinking?

• Angry
Reactions: SomeoneX22
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes