Patl95

Mar 26, 2021
I'm quite surprised that you joined in 2021, but already have so much knowledge about eroge games, Bro must have researched them for a long time haha.
Oh, i was already an old coomer by 2021. I only joined f95 at that time to access the links to the translated Kenzen 1. Knowledge slowly builds up over time, i guess. And staying curious about exoting things doesn't hurt either.

Also i'm not fluent in japanese too but i get around it by using a tool to pick up the text data from the game and send it to google trad. For mangas, an optical recognition sofware can the job most of the time as long as the kanjis are sufficiently clean However, it's not automated like the one for the games so it can be tedious to use.
I can show you the ropes, if you don't know those tools already. But since you have only several days of free time, it might not be worth the shot if you're not proficient enough with computer stuff. Your choice.

Examples: Textractor for the first pic and Capture2text for the second one.
Capture.jpg
Capture2.jpg

Mr.Win

Dec 30, 2018
Also i'm not fluent in japanese too but i get around it by using a tool to pick up the text data from the game and send it to google trad. For mangas, an optical recognition sofware can the job most of the time as long as the kanjis are sufficiently clean However, it's not automated like the one for the games so it can be tedious to use.
I can show you the ropes, if you don't know those tools already. But since you have only several days of free time, it might not be worth the shot if you're not proficient enough with computer stuff. Your choice.

Haha, thank you for your enthusiastic help, very nice tool u have there, but I will probably wait another 1 or 2 years like always, and buy the works when it is released in English or translated by Fans.

Patl95

Mar 26, 2021
Haha, thank you for your enthusiastic help, very nice tool u have there, but I will probably wait another 1 or 2 years like always, and buy the works when it is released in English or translated by Fans.
Got it. By then Sacrifice Villains will certainly have its official translation. At least i hope so, Shiravune gave us nothing more than the first annoucement, almost one year ago. It's difficult to make estimations when they let us in the dark.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr.Win
Jan 29, 2019
Oh, i was already an old coomer by 2021. I only joined f95 at that time to access the links to the translated Kenzen 1. Knowledge slowly builds up over time, i guess. And staying curious about exoting things doesn't hurt either.

View attachment 2986398
View attachment 2986415
Excuse me, what tool did you use for the game? Could you give me the link?

Patl95

Mar 26, 2021
Excuse me, what tool did you use for the game? Could you give me the link?
Yeah, no problem. I used Textractor 5.2.0:
Quick speedrun guide:
  1. Run the game you want to be translated. Load a save or start a new story, whatever you want, just make sure you're in a spot where there is full sentence dialogue (no screams or moans and stuff like that), then alt tab out.
  2. Run Textractor, attach the running game to Textractor as shown in the image below. Textractor.jpg
  3. Alt tab back to the game you left in step 1 and make new dialogue roll. If it got attached properly, Textractor is going to translate all the data it sees by default, useless garbage included. You want it to focus only on game dialogue only, so go back the Textractor menu and click there to open the hook list: Textractor2.jpg
  4. Fiddle around with the different hooks until you find the correct one. Look for one that detect all the japanese character displayed in the game dialogue box. Usually it's one of the TextOutA but it's not guarantied, it depends from game to game. If you manage to do it, congratz, you're golden. If not, it might get more complicated. Also, tell me which game you try to translate. Textractor3.jpg

Reactions: Gxtron and mogetsu

Classic Krieger

Aug 1, 2017
Does anyone know how to fix a glitch in which the scene from the main girl with prego tentacle on gallery appears zoomed to the boob and you can't see squat.

Patl95

Mar 26, 2021
Does anyone know how to fix a glitch in which the scene from the main girl with prego tentacle on gallery appears zoomed to the boob and you can't see squat.
I don't have that glitch. Have you applied the patch?

mogetsu

Dec 23, 2019
Yeah, no problem. I used Textractor 5.2.0:
Quick speedrun guide:
  1. Run the game you want to be translated. Load a save or start a new story, whatever you want, just make sure you're in a spot where there is full sentence dialogue (no screams or moans and stuff like that), then alt tab out.
  2. Run Textractor, attach the running game to Textractor as shown in the image below. View attachment 3004541
  3. Alt tab back to the game you left in step 1 and make new dialogue roll. If it got attached properly, Textractor is going to translate all the data it sees by default, useless garbage included. You want it to focus only on game dialogue only, so go back the Textractor menu and click there to open the hook list: View attachment 3004609
  4. Fiddle around with the different hooks until you find the correct one. Look for one that detect all the japanese character displayed in the game dialogue box. Usually it's one of the TextOutA but it's not guarantied, it depends from game to game. If you manage to do it, congratz, you're golden. If not, it might get more complicated. Also, tell me which game you try to translate. View attachment 3004685
how did u manage to make the text show up in the game? everything works for me but i have to keep switching between the game and the textractor to advance the text and then read the translation.

ps: thanks for the quick tutorial btw ill use this on every untranslated game from now on

Patl95

Mar 26, 2021
how did u manage to make the text show up in the game? everything works for me but i have to keep switching between the game and the textractor to advance the text and then read the translation.

ps: thanks for the quick tutorial btw ill use this on every untranslated game from now on
You're welcome.
Right click on the translation box will give you access to the box related options, toogle the "Always on top" and the translation will be visible for most games. Some old eroges break the box when in fullscreen mode, in those cases i had to resort to stay in windowed mode.

By default the translation box is a white rectangle, i modified mine to be transparent. For those who want the same, rick click on the translation box, pick background color, press ok and the opacity menu should pop up. Reduce the value to 0,004 and the box will be transparent like in the screenshots i made in my tutorial post. If you go with the transparent box, i advise to change the text color, otherwise it will sometimes blend in with the game art or menu. I tested several of them but i settled on cyan, i never had a word go unreadable with it, yet.

Also you can change the position of the box (click and drag the upper left corner of the box itself) and size/shape (down right corner).
Tip: shape and place your box before making it transparent so you won't spend minutes on end like a dumbass clicking everywhere to find an invisible corner. No it didn't happen to me. You have no proof.

Reactions: mogetsu

Patl95

Mar 26, 2021
Weird. It works for me. It must be on your end.
Try my custom saves if you want. Maybe a mega link work for you. No unlocked gallery tough.

Custom_Saves_Location.jpg