LAziJas

Jan 16, 2023
Hello everyone, i am quite new to these type of games so i got a question. i personally use WinRAR for the games but it extracts it everytime so i think because of that, my game data is lost everytime i open the game. This has happened many times as i played other games as well. Can someone give me a tutorial on how to deal with this? Thanks.

K_yson

Mar 7, 2022
Could anyone help me with this issue? I've already downloaded the three files and put the rest of the two in the ReiPatcher Folder

Am I doing something wrong? Every help is appreciated

1678420015746.png

hobekotkas

Jan 2, 2018
Could anyone help me with this issue? I've already downloaded the three files and put the rest of the two in the ReiPatcher Folder

Am I doing something wrong? Every help is appreciated

View attachment 2454242
What are you trying to do there? If you just want to play the game with English mtl just download 3 files, put them all in 1 folder and extract Samurai_Vandalism_v2.3_English_MTL and it automatically extract others as well. Then open samurai vandalism application and it should work.

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016
>me who is still waiting for both
View attachment 2461146
Honestly I don't know what Kagura is doing. They seem eager to snatch up tons of games and then take forever with the translation.

Here's a blog for another Japanese dev, the one who made Muchi Muchi Inaka, where they talk about their problems with Kagura:

Short version: this dev gave Kagura all of the files in mid-2022, asked them for an update on when the English translation will be out in Dec-2022, and Kagura replied "Sometime in mid-2023". The dev then apologized to the oversea fans who are waiting, said that they wished they could've just made it themselves and will probably never work with Kagura Games again.

1678655934094.png

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
Honestly I don't know what Kagura is doing. They seem eager to snatch up tons of games and then take forever with the translation.

Here's a blog for another Japanese dev, the one who made Muchi Muchi Inaka, where they talk about their problems with Kagura:

Short version: this dev gave Kagura all of the files in mid-2022, asked them for an update on when the English translation will be out in Dec-2022, and Kagura replied "Sometime in mid-2023". The dev then apologized to the oversea fans who are waiting, said that they wished they could've just made it themselves and will probably never work with Kagura Games again.

View attachment 2462035
It is definitely very questionable and disrespectful to the Japanese devs. I know Kagura have a certain release in order which is understandable, but at that point you shouldn't take on translation in mass if you aren't sure you'll be able to deliver it in a reasonable amount of time. Also, as far as I am aware this game isn't specifically difficult to translate despite being on the lengthy side, so I'm completely confused... The whole point in an international release is to bring more eyes towards a product, things like this just discourage many fans or even people interested in the game when they have to wait multiple years for just a translation, hence why many turn over to MTL or piracy.

It is no wonder many Eroge devs are starting to prefer self-publishing if possible hiring translators directly and such. It is especially beneficial when some of their staff live outside Japan as they can focus completely on their project and have a quick turn-out with a Japanese release at the same time.

Reactions: p23rklo and 991207z

jav253

Sep 12, 2019
Hmm if that's true that Kagura themselves might be the one's holding up the show by taking on too many projects than that's pretty bad. I mean is there really so much competition in the space now that they need to rush to acquire contracts? Or just too many creators asking them, and they don't ever say no. Either way they may need to address it. Or the creators need to start only taking contracts with a specific timeframe on when the translation needs to be done.

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020

View attachment 2462035
Kagura is simply doing what every other corporation is doing nowdays:maximize the profit with the least amount of effort possible.
That's why they keep picking up mediocre games which don't require much time to translate and leave the other lenghty ones like samurai vandalism to take dust on their steam page.
They don't have a schedule or release order.
Why do kagura keep picking up games? Simply for discouraging people that want to translate them so they can again make the most amount of money since they are the only one providing a translation.
Furthermore kagura keeps suspiciously picking up games which were already translated in english: "Loretta's brand new job", a game they picked up recently, has already a game thread and a translation(not mtl) here on F95.
This happened way too much to be just a coincidence and i doubt they picked it up just because it's popular.
If kagura picked up and translated games based on popularity then samurai vandalism would already be translated.

I_like_Boobs

Jun 12, 2019
Furthermore kagura keeps suspiciously picking up games which were already translated in english: "Loretta's brand new job", a game they picked up recently, has already a game thread and a translation(not mtl) here on F95.
Are you alluding that they probably use some of the stuff here for their translations ?

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
Are you alluding that they probably use some of the stuff here for their translations ?
I don't know If they do that nor I'm in a position to to accuse them of doing it(I don't have any proof of that) but what I'm saying is that they keep picking up many games which already had a translation here and it happened way too many times to be just a coincidence.
Let's just leave it at that.

LAziJas

Jan 16, 2023
Hello everyone, im stuck in 'Western city' as there are no places i can quick travel to, no quests. What do i do now?

3.00 star(s) 29 Votes