Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
CpartyC That error means "Nope". Did you, by any chance, switch language in-game to English? Because that is a no-no - it has to stay on Japanese, same as your PC regional settings.

CpartyC

Dec 13, 2017
CpartyC That error means "Nope". Did you, by any chance, switch language in-game to English? Because that is a no-no - it has to stay on Japanese, same as your PC regional settings.
So i have to change regoin to japanese ? In game language is japanese, but runing it everything is translated
I have to format the region ?

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
CpartyC I feel like I am the one not understanding something - what part of instructions in OP are you having trouble with? It even has pictures.

CpartyC

Dec 13, 2017
CpartyC I feel like I am the one not understanding something - what part of instructions in OP are you having trouble with? It even has pictures.
Sorry for wasting ur time i followed the instructions and downloaded on windows japanese region format and it worked....
I feel stupid now ...

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Is there any translations who work because im just using the basic and like 5% of the game so far is translated ?
IIRC what happens right now (until/if Kagura Games comes around and releases theirs officially) is basically the translation being done on the fly: new line appears -> it gets fed to an online translator -> result is saved to a TXT file in the game folder so that next time it can be loaded directly from that file instead of having to do the whole translation cycle again. And since every player goes through different routes, completes different missions, etc., in the end everybody gets a different TXT file.

Reactions: kunocat and CpartyC

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
ae3o Short version - no.

Long version - I assume you use the whatever translator is built into it. It has a txt file it drops whatever it translates into so that if the same** text comes up again, the translation can be read from there instead of having to send a request to online translator again. You can open that file, find the character names**, change the recorded translation and save that file.

**The caveat, and the reason the short answer is "no", is that the translator grabs the whole block of text rather than splitting it into separate words. For example, even if you change MC name to Kuro using the method I mentioned above, if her name comes up as part of a sentence (e.g., someone addressing her by name), you are still going to see "Blackout" or whatever it gets translated as; it will only show up as "Kuro" whenever it is the only word in the sentence (e.g., part of the message window that shows which character is talking right now). In other words, it is a bandaid fix at best, and only works on text you have already seen [and stored in that TXT file].

vladprof

May 13, 2018
Hm, is there a way to force AutoTranslator to go through all the text in the game?
If so, I could just post the resulting file after sugoi translates the game, which will at least be serviceable with most names being preserved.
Edit: Seems like text could be in the AssetBundles\japanese\scenarios file, tho I've no clue how to decode it.

Last edited:

vladprof

May 13, 2018
Welp, I've had some luck - after some bad python code and 2 hours of auto-translation for 80k unique translations (about 10 a sec) most text in the game seems to be translated, tho stuff with special formatting, like furigana, doesn't work. UI also wasn't in the scenarios file, but the stuff generated on my playthrough should translate most of it. Unarchive the translation_v0.1.zip into the Samurai Vandalism v2.3\AutoTranslator\Translation\en\Text\ folder if you wanna test.

Wingdingaling

Sep 12, 2020
Welp, I've had some luck - after some bad python code and 2 hours of auto-translation for 80k unique translations (about 10 a sec) most text in the game seems to be translated, tho stuff with special formatting, like furigana, doesn't work. UI also wasn't in the scenarios file, but the stuff generated on my playthrough should translate most of it. Unarchive the translation_v0.1.zip into the Samurai Vandalism v2.3\AutoTranslator\Translation\en\Text\ folder if you wanna test.
Thank you!
Could you do the same for Witch of Eclipse once it gets released?

3.00 star(s) 29 Votes