Kriegher

Aug 4, 2020
so, i know i have a potato pc, 6gb ram, intel Q9400 overclocked to 3.10 GHz and a GPU 15 years old but i can play the game at 30 fps with the max settings, the only problem its the waterdrop of the initial area, i have to walk backwards to avoid lag and remember not to point at te waterfall direction

Mpreg Greg

Feb 3, 2021
MaL0 present
Greg mode activated.
You know what photos would please greg?
That's right, pregnant pics.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Core i3 6006u
8gb
Geforce 920mx

I know it's potato. Though, I didn't get an fps drop with a bunch of trees, only with waterfalls. Played on low-med
Try one of the launch .bat files Vulcan or dx12. Game isn't optimized yet but we also cannot give perfect results on older systems. We can try though!

Dakuraito0

Jan 13, 2021
how do you go past fearful my bar is at max and even though i do some shoot it's still not change?

BlargFTW

Apr 8, 2020
Each game has its own development team. UC has two people, WN has two people, Elewder is on standby atm, and Sapphire has eight people.
That actually has me less confidant. With separate teams of people working on separate projects I would assume progress on each would go a bit faster.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
That actually has me less confidant. With separate teams of people working on separate projects I would assume progress on each would go a bit faster.
What exactly do you think goes into game development? It's not just boob boob make a zip lol. More team members means more gets worked on leading to bigger games.

Last edited:

BlargFTW

Apr 8, 2020
What exactly do you think goes into game development? It's not just boob boob make a zip lol. More team members means more gets worked on leading to bigger games.
Programming, art design, animations, sometimes voice acting and script writing all of which are difficult things to do if you aren't using pre-made assets.

You're not God's gift to gamedev man, people voicing concerns is justified. Especially with an unproven dev team.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Programming, art design, animations, sometimes voice acting and script writing all of which are difficult things to do if you aren't using pre-made assets.

You're not God's gift to gamedev man, people voicing concerns is justified. Especially with an unproven dev team.
I never said I was lol. His concern was more people = less quality/speed/whatever, that is not how development works. More staff means more focused development, which means more tech/game is made in a shorter period of time.

For instance, we hired a single programmer to build our photo scoring system, for him to work out the best way to mathematically score aesthetics in photography. What that means is the content for scoring will be more robust and include more options and systems. If we had another team member do it along with their other tasks the scoring system and whatever else they were doing would have less time for polish and setup, aka, worse.

And if your concern is "too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth" then you have no idea of what scrum masters do, nor do you know what sprints are. To which we have/do both things. We hit deadlines, and we hit schedules because we know what we are doing, and have done this a lot in the past.

Hope that helps you to understand where I am coming from.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Speaking of which, I posted another developer blog for the upcoming winter themed patch for Christmas.

BlargFTW

Apr 8, 2020
I never said I was lol. His concern was more people = less quality/speed/whatever, that is not how development works. More staff means more focused development, which means more tech/game is made in a shorter period of time.

For instance, we hired a single programmer to build our photo scoring system, for him to work out the best way to mathematically score aesthetics in photography. What that means is the content for scoring will be more robust and include more options and systems. If we had another team member do it along with their other tasks the scoring system and whatever else they were doing would have less time for polish and setup, aka, worse.

And if your concern is "too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth" then you have no idea of what scrum masters do, nor do you know what sprints are. To which we have/do both things. We hit deadlines, and we hit schedules because we know what we are doing, and have done this a lot in the past.

Hope that helps you to understand where I am coming from.
You're talking to the same person and that was not even close to my concern. My concern is, in fact, that since you have actual teams working on separate projects you SHOULD have more done but you don't. You have 3 in development projects being worked on with another on indefinite hold for some reason or another. That's incredibly concerning when you're trying to convince people to give you their money.

cooldude5368

Oct 28, 2018
You're talking to the same person and that was not even close to my concern. My concern is, in fact, that since you have actual teams working on separate projects you SHOULD have more done but you don't. You have 3 in development projects being worked on with another on indefinite hold for some reason or another. That's incredibly concerning when you're trying to convince people to give you their money.
from what i can gather, they are modeling and rigging these assets themselves as well as doing the backing code. that takes a substantial amount of time, especially rigging a versatile skeleton for something like a sex game. from what i can see, just being able to tell that they're actively working and developing is good enough for me. of the things discussed, i would say the only legitimate thing would be questions of performance since less performance = less audience. it's also not always clear how to optimize something, which can be a very difficult problem even for someone very seasoned unless it's something obvious like reducing polygon count or whatnot

not every game can be developed at the same pace and there are many factors that go into what a team can accomplish

BlargFTW

Apr 8, 2020
from what i can gather, they are modeling and rigging these assets themselves as well as doing the backing code. that takes a substantial amount of time, especially rigging a versatile skeleton for something like a sex game. from what i can see, just being able to tell that they're actively working and developing is good enough for me. of the things discussed, i would say the only legitimate thing would be questions of performance since less performance = less audience. it's also not always clear how to optimize something, which can be a very difficult problem even for someone very seasoned unless it's something obvious like reducing polygon count or whatnot

not every game can be developed at the same pace and there are many factors that go into what a team can accomplish
Performance is the least of my concerns at this stage since the game is not even in an actual alpha state, of course performance is not good. After all, you can't optimize stuff that isn't in yet. Handling that stuff comes later in the beta stage of development.

My concern isn't even on lack of content for this specific game since development just started (relatively speaking). It all boils down to the fact that these people have three projects ongoing. Three and, again, another on indefinite hold.

That really doesn't look good man, no matter how you slice it.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Wet nightmares has a two person team and it is a publishing joint so the devs work on their own schedules.

Under contract has one full time developer and 4 part time. The part time is modelling, animations, sound and narrative. They work when the need for their skills comes up.

Sapphire has 7 full time staff members who do not work on other games.

I SHOULD only have done what is possible to be done in that time.

:coffee:

BlargFTW

Apr 8, 2020
Wet nightmares has a two person team and it is a publishing joint so the devs work on their own schedules.

Under contract has one full time developer and 4 part time. The part time is modelling, animations, sound and narrative. They work when the need for their skills comes up.

Sapphire has 7 full time staff members who do not work on other games.

I SHOULD only have done what is possible to be done in that time.

:coffee:
You SHOULD spend less time on a piracy website acting like a child when people have legit concerns about your, let's say, lack of anything approaching a good track record.

1.50 star(s) 13 Votes