4.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
When did he say that?
Around the time the game got set to abandoned status - Also note his patreon page is gone, that's his patreon developer page.
But think there are a couple of clues if you dig in the thread.

datazzguy

Sep 27, 2017
Around the time the game got set to abandoned status - Also note his patreon page is gone, that's his patreon developer page.
But think there are a couple of clues if you dig in the thread.
The link I posted is to the updated/remastered version of Sarah's Life, being made by Geekbone/SteelyDan. His version is being worked on. If you are referring to Impure (the original dev) then yes, he probably quit.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
The link I posted is to the updated/remastered version of Sarah's Life, being made by Geekbone/SteelyDan. His version is being worked on. If you are referring to Impure (the original dev) then yes, he probably quit.
Iknow what you linked my man - Its abandoned, check the thread name
1.png

+ He's patreon page is GONE....
Unless you have any 'facts' its still being worked on please show me in that direction :coffee:

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017
Geekbone has not released a single update but says he is working on it, Steely Dan quit making it, so until Geekbone actually produces something other than words which he as been doing for about 2 years I wouldn't hold him to anything he says. There was another person working on it but they haven't done anything either

Last edited:
Reactions: Zellemate

datazzguy

Sep 27, 2017
Geekbone has not released a single update but says he is working on it, Steely Dan quit making it, so until Geekbone actually produces something other than words which he as been doing for about 2 years I wouldn't hold him to anything he says. There was another person working on it but they haven't done anything either
I believe Geekbone and SteelyDan are the same person. He probably has a very busy life, and very little time to work on the game. If you hold your mouse over the patreon link on this page: https://f95zone.to/threads/sarahs-life-re-imagined-v1-0-steelydan.38741/ you will see it says Geekbone.

SolarEclipsed

Donor
Nov 6, 2017
I believe Geekbone and SteelyDan are the same person. He probably has a very busy life, and very little time to work on the game. If you hold your mouse over the patreon link on this page: https://f95zone.to/threads/sarahs-life-re-imagined-v1-0-steelydan.38741/ you will see it says Geekbone.
He made.one update Nd then said he couldn't do it he has basically said he hasn"t got time to render, having trusted impure, I am not trusting anyone else. The game is dead and it isn't coming back. Don't get too excited about the possibility someone who has already flaked once said he may release something.

datazzguy

Sep 27, 2017
He made.one update Nd then said he couldn't do it he has basically said he hasn"t got time to render, having trusted impure, I am not trusting anyone else. The game is dead and it isn't coming back. Don't get too excited about the possibility someone who has already flaked once said he may release something.
Milfy City's next update for example has been 'coming soon' since like late 2019. And that doesn't have an 'Abandoned' or 'On Hold' tag. Sure ICSTOR released a few teaser images last year. But over a year for an update that may never release, is too long.

Someone said Geekbone posted a teaser back in August. And he said in October last year that he had to start over with rendering. So I believe he is working on it. If you believe he is not, then that's just your opinion, man. This game should have an 'On Hold' tag instead of 'Abandoned'.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
If these 'facts' aren't good enough for you, then maybe you should just message him yourself and ask. View attachment 1028823
That is really just empty talk and nothing to prove for it - Not to mention that's almost 5 months ago.
Sounds more like a fairytale, but sure if you wanna stick around and wait for something to happen be my guest.

JuiceBox12

Dec 17, 2018
In my opinion Geekbone basically tried to ride the coattails of a once popular game, but when it proved to be monetarily unsuccessful, he flat out lost interest in it.

Last edited:

SolarEclipsed

Donor
Nov 6, 2017
Milfy City's next update for example has been 'coming soon' since like late 2019. And that doesn't have an 'Abandoned' or 'On Hold' tag. Sure ICSTOR released a few teaser images last year. But over a year for an update that may never release, is too long.

Someone said Geekbone posted a teaser back in August. And he said in October last year that he had to start over with rendering. So I believe he is working on it. If you believe he is not, then that's just your opinion, man. This game should have an 'On Hold' tag instead of 'Abandoned'.
It has an abandoned tag because he abandoned it on his patreon page a month after he started the game. he may be working on it in the background but as far as this site is concerned it is abandoned. I wouldn't know about milfy city as I didn't play it, however too many people use the but this game... xyz.. so this shouldn't be, or should be it holds no basis to this conversation and is therefore irrelevant. Sarah's life was not given an abandonded tag until about a year and a half later when impure was mia, the reimagined was given the abandoned tag when SteelyDan/ Geekbone abandoned it.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
"Sarah & Steve have been together for 5 years, since high school, Sarah's 25"... Most people finish high school at 17 or 18, she, (by the math), finished at 20... ohhh she's a mental potato.

It's the little things like this that make my day. XD

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I understand everyone's feelings, and yes, I tried to run before learning to walk, but the honest truth is I am married and my wife was not happy with what I was doing. So it all comes down to choices and nothing nefarious.

With Patreon, I did not charge anyone as I only wanted to collect when I released something. The few people who did donate were refunded in full when I shut down so I never actually collected any money for this. It has never been about money for me.

I am still interested in being a developer and I am still interested in this story, but the rendering is the issue. As I mentioned in a previous post, my wife has been working from home for over a year now and trying to do renders behind her back is exhausting and not worth the trouble. In the meantime, I have been working on perfecting my Python skills and learning to use Ren'py better by creating game galleries and looking at the code from other games. I also upgraded my rig with an intel 9i and an Invidia RTX2080.

To date, I have written the entire story. It takes place over 30 game days and there are, on average, 125 renders per day. Will I ever finish it? Who knows. I have never promised anything but if and when I do release it, I am planning on releasing the game in full.

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
I understand everyone's feelings, and yes, I tried to run before learning to walk, but the honest truth is I am married and my wife was not happy with what I was doing. So it all comes down to choices and nothing nefarious.

With Patreon, I did not charge anyone as I only wanted to collect when I released something. The few people who did donate were refunded in full when I shut down so I never actually collected any money for this. It has never been about money for me.

I am still interested in being a developer and I am still interested in this story, but the rendering is the issue. As I mentioned in a previous post, my wife has been working from home for over a year now and trying to do renders behind her back is exhausting and not worth the trouble. In the meantime, I have been working on perfecting my Python skills and learning to use Ren'py better by creating game galleries and looking at the code from other games. I also upgraded my rig with an intel 9i and an Invidia RTX2080.

To date, I have written the entire story. It takes place over 30 game days and there are, on average, 125 renders per day. Will I ever finish it? Who knows. I have never promised anything but if and when I do release it, I am planning on releasing the game in full.
I don't think you owe anyone anything, especially all the whiners, who have probably contributed the grand sum of fuck-all to this forum, except their complaints, of course.

You tried to do something. It didn't work out. That's life.

What comes first? Family, or providing free wank material for a bunch of people you don't even know?
Just get on with your life, Geekbone and all the best, mate.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018

I'll be the first to tell you, RL always comes first. NO game or work of fiction is worth compromising your marriage. I understand that this game is important to you, but understand, if you agreed to stop making it with your wife because she doesn't like it, but continue working on it behind her back, it's not just a matter of not seeing eye to eye on something you want to create. It's now a violation of trust issue & that could have massive ramifications in your relationship. It's just not worth it. So let me propose an alternative.

If you've already finished writing the story, what I suggest is finding another developer that's willing to work with you & turn the rest of the project over to them. If all that's still needed is the remainder of the graphics & renders, just tell them "Here's the rest of the story, make & compile the renders please", then have them either release the final product or turn the completed product back over to you to release. That way, your project can be completed while you're still able to keep your word to your wife. If she asks about it or why it's now finished, you can honestly tell her "I handed it off to someone else that wanted to finish it, so I didn't touch it. They finished it".

terrashock

Jul 3, 2017

If you’re serious about doing it you could always seek for help on the forums here. There will no doubt be up-and-comers who’d love to get involved with a project in their spare time for experience to start developing and due to the fact that almost everyone knows what Impure did with the game and how he fucked over numerous amounts of us - it’s a project that will likely get traction and off the ground.

From a personal standpoint I’d love to see this game again. It was one of the first projects I followed and when it disappeared I was a bit gutted to say the least. It had potential. I always wanted someone to pick it up and rework it, it would still be great to see. Whatever you decide to do though best of luck to you!

Dyvo

Aug 24, 2018

Dude, if you ever gonna finish the game great, if not it's all good. Family is priority, I am glad you made a right choice. All the best in the future, looking forward to your works.

Reactions: SteelyDan14

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Dude, if you ever gonna finish the game great, if not it's all good. Family is priority, I am glad you made a right choice. All the best in the future, looking forward to your works.
Just out of sheer curiosity, where did your profile pic come from?

4.00 star(s) 7 Votes