VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Good, now that downs-syndrome borne accusations are over with :

Plan is, there's a city there afterall to return to after the fights, so how about the more corruption you collect across your battles, via teases or defeats or events you have clients (the baldman.png assets) show up with increasingly lewd offers for money along with other smol events ?

That's a middle ground I'm up to offer.
Using Down's Syndrome as a form of insult in 2023, that is a big fat yikes. I like your game and i am keeping an open - mind about all the changes, especially since you seemed to be an level - headed person during earlier interactions in this thread.

There is staying true to your own vision and realising it (which i do respect) and then there is antagonising the people playing your game. Sure, feedback in this thread could be worded more constructive and less destructive in some cases, but it is feedback nonetheless.

Can't help to scratch my head given your curret behavior in here, ngl. Seems like what seemed to be an reasonable adult got replaced by a pouting 12 year old, you hate to see it.

Velminth

Game Developer
Apr 8, 2021
Using Down's Syndrome as a form of insult in 2023, that is a big fat yikes. I like your game and i am keeping an open - mind about all the changes, especially since you seemed to be an level - headed person during earlier interactions in this thread.

There is staying true to your own vision and realising it (which i do respect) and then there is antagonising the people playing your game. Sure, feedback in this thread could be worded more constructive and less destructive in some cases, but it is feedback nonetheless.

Can't help to scratch my head given your curret behavior in here, ngl. Seems like what seemed to be an reasonable adult got replaced by a pouting 12 year old, you hate to see it.
It's give and take, simple as that.

Reactions: /;/

kuriyama!

May 31, 2022
Yesterday I left some thoughts on Discord, and today I'm going to bring the suggestions to this forum

Taking into account the feedback from the entire community so far — in addition, of course, to my own — what the game NEEDS is to free itself from the constraints of linearity so that the player has the feeling that they really are playing something, and not just pressing the enter key and seeing images on the screen.

I'm not going to lie: this new format makes it very difficult, it's going to be a long and hard journey, but one of the alternatives I managed to find is the creation of an interactive map for the character, Saria, to move around the world. I'll send an image from a VN to illustrate a little of what I'm saying.
(Remembering that this is just an example, it doesn’t have to be 100% like this. I just want to inspire you).

VN.png

Of course it would be on a much smaller scope, involving several map scenarios (unfortunately hand-drawn or something, because this is the path you chose yourself). This way, you would bring the exploration that the masses crave without having to get your hands dirty with pixel art.

Going deeper into this issue of interactive maps, try to imagine that first section of the old version, where there was an abandoned house, a cave with those insects and Oskar's tent you would draw a map representing this scenario, and in the image you would have the entrance to the cave, which could be accessed by clicking on the button that would take you inside and consequently to another map; there would be an abandoned house, which could also be accessed; and finally there would be the hut, which, when clicking on the button to interact with it, would activate the boss event.

Further on, after defeating Oskar, there would be a new map, representing that second part of the desert, which has the bonfire, the tied-up NPC, another caves (of the Troglodytes this time)...
Remembering that this is just an example. You might want to change the geographies too, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, the important thing is that the public has the feeling that they are exploring, that they are progressing.

We cannot forget the enemies. In this logic of interactive maps, you could insert them at fixed points in the scenario and through RNG when interacting with something on the map, such as entering an abandoned house or something similar.
This randomness, again, is important to put an end to the linear direction. It would be really cool if you thought of other random events that might surprise the player that weren't necessarily combat.

Finally, perhaps most important, the erotic part.
Removing the sexual combat was a big loss, because it made the sexual scenes dynamic, as they were actually within the game and, once again, were not linear. To compensate for this, the game will need to significantly alter all existing scenes, especially those of defeat, adding variations to them, whether by changing the text or Sariaa's face. Hell... If Saria loses multiple times to the same group of thugs, at some point more than masturbation should happen! (and come to think of it, that wouldn't be much work to do, since you already have a lot of drawings ready from the old version)
Yes, this is very related to Corruption. Corruption in the H-works is all about the world and the characters around it reacting to how the MC is losing himself to sex, and since the old numbers and statistics no longer exist, those reactions need to be in full force here, whether in the form of variations in scenes as I said before, or having unique ways of avoiding certain battles or going through certain events.
There's a lot of room to work here. In this new Arc 1, a lot is said about Saria having a group, so, well, you can actually create a group that accompanies Saria on many adventures, and of course, the characters in the group would react to the actions and events that surround Saria.
(You can even involve them in the card system if you want to go deeper into it! Think about the existence of special cards that sometimes appear in combat: these would be your companions helping you in the fight).
Imagine the possibilities... A malicious warrior who always hits on Saria and waits for the opportunity to take her to bed... A healer or something, shy and small, who secretly has feelings for Saria and watches and commenting on everything that happens to her... Seriously, a lot can be done here. I'm talking about recurring characters, reacting to Saria's corruption.

I know it's a lot, but that's it. There are other suggestions that came to mind, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone. Let's do it by steps.

I really want the game to return to its former glory and for players to get excited about it again.

OrangePeel

Oct 27, 2017
Best not to have much hope for this game and check back in a few years. The dev seems competent enough and a great artist, but is toxic and have very thin skin (dissenting opinions on their discord results in bans, and they recently closed all comments on their itch page). I'm not sure why they constantly refactor core game mechanisms instead of making new games with them.

Sep 27, 2020
Velminth Thanks for the christmas update.

@ clowns in this thread berating the dev, you r*****s need to stfu. its literally a FREE game. I know for a FACT if you were actual patreon supporters or paying players you wouldn't be complaining on a god damn adult game PIRATE website. I do not understand why yall are acting so entitled when uv given the dev nothing in return.

I will say new direction is interesting. I feel the game has been made easier but the game still requires skill and thinking which i enjoy. The story is much more direct and understandable than before and i appreciate it.

A few things to consider:
  • The new method of being able to pick any card from your deck really diminishes the deck BUILDING aspect of the previous version. was this done to make the game easier?
    • an "improvement" would be to have a hand that you draw cards to and from.
      • from here you pick what to play into which slot
      • you can limit hand size to ease rendering or make it a value to be changed
    • at the moment this feels more like a turn based rpg with the active time battle mechanic.
      • the cards are a stand in for easily changeable skills. meaning the cards do not need to be cards.
      • the domination stat influences how often you go in battle.
        • an explanation of how this stat works would be very helpful.
  • info on strengths and weakness of each stance would be very helpful. If i could hover over the stance and it tell me what it is strong and weak to would be nice
    • i think the stances limits the design space. you may want it to be that each card makes you weak (2x dmg) and strong (.5 dmg) to certain dmg types. these can be shown as red and blue pips on the card. this way you can have a card like guard with only blue pip(s) as a defensive option or a card with no pips implying neutral.
      • this will allow you to reduce the amount of interchangeable defense statuses like guard and dodge.
      • this also greatly increases your design space.
    • consider cards which change the opponent's stance? this will involve grapping so mood increase?
  • I feel the combat UI is too vague. The game actually requires skill and I appreciate that but it feels burdensome to play skillfully
    • all the information is hidden so i have to click around to understand the enemies turn
    • the stance weaknesses and strengths are totally hidden. the tutorial only tells you "slash stance takes double slash and .5 blunt dmg" and you have to remember this and guess for the other stuff.
    • if the cards can have some animation on who they are targeting that would be helpful. nothing complicated just a simple "punch" in the target's direction.
    • some indication of the fetishes proc-ing would be helpful
    • instead of simply stance badges can you instead but the effect half of the card in the bottom so its easily read without having to click into it?
    • a detailed battle log (fetish, card, stance, dmg, mood, i.e. everything that changed) would be EXTEREMLY helpful
    • also the sometimes 3 energy or 2 energy of cards i can play made no sense to me. can you clarify that?
  • An explanation of things like mood, corruption, and the fetishes would be helpful
    • I couldn't find a bar or value indicating what saria's mood is or what the mood means.
    • are the enemies suppose to have a bar that can be used to seduce and then incapacitate them?
    • i would be very sad if seduction lead to a defeat.
  • Last but not least the animations seem to lag for me when i click thru them quickly. I have a pretty capable computer so i doubt its me. Is this a js engine limitation? consider godot? its pretty good for 2d games and the coding language is very reminiscent of python. (MOAR REDESIGN!!!)

Anyway thank you so much for making this. I wrote this up to be constructive. I mean no hate. I can tell you really care about the project and I appreciate it! Feel free to pm if you want to me to clarify anything or discuss something.
Have a Happy Holidays!
Remember to block out the haters
haters-blocking.gif

LordChiruChiru

Aug 1, 2017
Velminth Thanks for the christmas update.

@ clowns in this thread berating the dev, you r*****s need to stfu. its literally a FREE game. I know for a FACT if you were actual patreon supporters or paying players you wouldn't be complaining on a god damn adult game PIRATE website. I do not understand why yall are acting so entitled when uv given the dev nothing in return.

I will say new direction is interesting. I feel the game has been made easier but the game still requires skill and thinking which i enjoy. The story is much more direct and understandable than before and i appreciate it.

A few things to consider:
  • The new method of being able to pick any card from your deck really diminishes the deck BUILDING aspect of the previous version. was this done to make the game easier?
    • an "improvement" would be to have a hand that you draw cards to and from.
      • from here you pick what to play into which slot
      • you can limit hand size to ease rendering or make it a value to be changed
    • at the moment this feels more like a turn based rpg with the active time battle mechanic.
      • the cards are a stand in for easily changeable skills. meaning the cards do not need to be cards.
      • the domination stat influences how often you go in battle.
        • an explanation of how this stat works would be very helpful.
  • info on strengths and weakness of each stance would be very helpful. If i could hover over the stance and it tell me what it is strong and weak to would be nice
    • i think the stances limits the design space. you may want it to be that each card makes you weak (2x dmg) and strong (.5 dmg) to certain dmg types. these can be shown as red and blue pips on the card. this way you can have a card like guard with only blue pip(s) as a defensive option or a card with no pips implying neutral.
      • this will allow you to reduce the amount of interchangeable defense statuses like guard and dodge.
      • this also greatly increases your design space.
    • consider cards which change the opponent's stance? this will involve grapping so mood increase?
  • I feel the combat UI is too vague. The game actually requires skill and I appreciate that but it feels burdensome to play skillfully
    • all the information is hidden so i have to click around to understand the enemies turn
    • the stance weaknesses and strengths are totally hidden. the tutorial only tells you "slash stance takes double slash and .5 blunt dmg" and you have to remember this and guess for the other stuff.
    • if the cards can have some animation on who they are targeting that would be helpful. nothing complicated just a simple "punch" in the target's direction.
    • some indication of the fetishes proc-ing would be helpful
    • instead of simply stance badges can you instead but the effect half of the card in the bottom so its easily read without having to click into it?
    • a detailed battle log (fetish, card, stance, dmg, mood, i.e. everything that changed) would be EXTEREMLY helpful
    • also the sometimes 3 energy or 2 energy of cards i can play made no sense to me. can you clarify that?
  • An explanation of things like mood, corruption, and the fetishes would be helpful
    • I couldn't find a bar or value indicating what saria's mood is or what the mood means.
    • are the enemies suppose to have a bar that can be used to seduce and then incapacitate them?
    • i would be very sad if seduction lead to a defeat.
  • Last but not least the animations seem to lag for me when i click thru them quickly. I have a pretty capable computer so i doubt its me. Is this a js engine limitation? consider godot? its pretty good for 2d games and the coding language is very reminiscent of python. (MOAR REDESIGN!!!)

Anyway thank you so much for making this. I wrote this up to be constructive. I mean no hate. I can tell you really care about the project and I appreciate it! Feel free to pm if you want to me to clarify anything or discuss something.
Have a Happy Holidays!
Remember to block out the haters
View attachment 3199499

Careful not to choke on his dick while you're down there sucking him off. Dudes been literally bashing criticism on discord whether it's constructive or not.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Good, now that downs-syndrome borne accusations are over with :

Plan is, there's a city there afterall to return to after the fights, so how about the more corruption you collect across your battles, via teases or defeats or events you have clients (the baldman.png assets) show up with increasingly lewd offers for money along with other smol events ?

That's a middle ground I'm up to offer.
The jobs won't be making a comeback then?

Kaidoom

Sep 18, 2019
Hey Velminth just played your latest update 0.16 and wanted to give feedback

compared to 0.15.1 it is a bit of a let down with how it's remade, i enjoyed last one because it let me do battles and slowly corrupt the main character, love sensitvity matrix, sexual expolits, pretty much every thing about 0.15.1 and how the more you do a certain sex exploit unlocks more stuff to do, i lets us see see and cause progress in her corruption which i like.

so to have it all scrapped and replaced with a simple remake kinda defeats the purpose of it being a corruption game

but I like what you have been doing before then, Thanks for taking the time to read this

Merry Christmas

Reactions: /;/ and Mr_Tanker

sharpys

May 21, 2017
I'm okay with the battle card system (granted throwing all the major corruption mechanics in there just locks up any corruption to random battles). But seeing that majority of people debug their way past the fights and into the h-actions just demonstrates people are looking for a VN in an rpgmaker. Lol

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes