VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
I personally don't doubt that Velma can make a good VN given his artstyle, writing ability, and the general setting for SR.

However, a good VN is still just a boring mess of jpegs and text, I personally really liked the pixel art for the environment, backdrops, and the character interactions that were present in the game, it's a shame to see these small things go.

Perhaps he'll add some sort of 'hub' area that can act as a way to mess around in an open environment, but it won't really be the same. I'll still play the game in a couple of updates and I'll probably find *some* enjoyment in doing so, but it's going to be soured by the fact we lost what could have been one of the best WEGs of the past few years and instead gained a 7-8/10 VN.

Dec 21, 2020
Are You sure, that Open world in a way it was in previous versions - are 100% good idea? Karryns Prison - is not a great game. A lot of monotonous and boring grind, pretty lazy combat with identical turns and no possibility to choose what pose to fucked with with no possibility to escape from initiated sex.

Current release of Saria Reclaimed - is too soon to get a bad judgment. It's interesting approach in combination of Visual Novel and RPG genres. Previous releases had a lot of walking. It had similar to KP combat system, but Velminth decided to make something different, and I do want to see where it will lead. It's first release with such approach.
If the dev want to make a VN game sure why not I mean there's many good VN game, but the problem is how the dev just suddenly change the gameplay while it's already established as what it is, and by changing the gameplay into a VN kinda a dick move since most player is hooked to this game because the openworld gameplay and corruption combat mechanic similiar to KP, I need to remind you that I didn't hate VN games but I HATE how the devs change the gameplay while failed to deliver what it's supposed to be in the first place

Hunterop6969

Apr 14, 2020
If the dev want to make a VN game sure why not I mean there's many good VN game, but the problem is how the dev just suddenly change the gameplay while it's already established as what it is, and by changing the gameplay into a VN kinda a dick move since most player is hooked to this game because the openworld gameplay and corruption combat mechanic similiar to KP, I need to remind you that I didn't hate VN games but I HATE how the devs change the gameplay while failed to deliver what it's supposed to be in the first place
and not to mention that based on the reaction of everyone, he dont told anyone about that massive change

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
It's his project, and he can do whatever he likes, and it will be only in a way how he will make. It's pointless to say "I have how You changed the game!". I can either like new approach or not.

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
IMO a lot of this leads back to the issue of what people think the fundemental purpose of donating on Patreon or whatever is for: is a person donating because they want a specific product to continue to be developed, or are they simply donating to an author so that they can continue whatever it is that they want do?

I think there's something intrinsically dishonest about making a product and solictiing donations for it, only to then turn around and completely change the nature of the product.

BlackWyvern

Jan 13, 2022
It's his project, and he can do whatever he likes, and it will be only in a way how he will make. It's pointless to say "I have how You changed the game!". I can either like new approach or not.
Since he has the right to change the game, we as players and / or Supporters have the right to call him out when he think his making a mistake. If a dev wants his ego stroked when people tell him good work, his gotta be ready to been called out when his doing shit work too.

PeterSnayde

Game Developer
Nov 26, 2018
Since he has the right to change the game, we as players and / or Supporters have the right to call him out when he think his making a mistake. If a dev wants his ego stroked when people tell him good work, his gotta be ready to been called out when his doing shit work too.
A constructive critique - is a good thing, but most comments here, aren't a constructive critique, but rather angry shouts, that new update is not like KP, and how they don't like it without comments about new combat system(which I do find pretty simple and well-done), and without considering, that this is totally new approach, and we don't know how it will be later. Such big turn probably had reasons to be considered by developer. Maybe it's related to engine restrictions (RPGM - is very limited engine, and pain in the ass sometimes), or something else... I would love to read Velmith's comments about it, but after the shitrain, that happened from people, who believe, that developer is owe them something(especially considering, that they got this game for free) - I doubd, that he will tell us about it, which makes me, as a developer, pretty sad, because I can only imagine how it demotivate to work at all.

BlackWyvern

Jan 13, 2022
A constructive critique - is a good thing, but most comments here, aren't a constructive critique, but rather angry shouts, that new update is not like KP, and how they don't like it without comments about new combat system(which I do find pretty simple and well-done), and without considering, that this is totally new approach, and we don't know how it will be later. Such big turn probably had reasons to be considered by developer. Maybe it's related to engine restrictions (RPGM - is very limited engine, and pain in the ass sometimes), or something else... I would love to read Velmith's comments about it, but after the shitrain, that happened from people, who believe, that developer is owe them something(especially considering, that they got this game for free) - I doubd, that he will tell us about it, which makes me, as a developer, pretty sad, because I can only imagine how it demotivate to work at all.
it come down to communication, he changed everything at the drop of a hat without any explanation, no rhyme or reason. So now people are mad and he hides and deleted / blocks / removes posts users from his pages, showing that his just a child, he cant face the music he created. Sorry to say you can say what you want, but if you don't communicated you have to weather the shitstorm you created. If you keep trying to ignore it you'll make it only worse. If you got the balls to change your project but not defend why, then either your ego is to big to take the downfall that the change was made because you couldn't hack it or the reason is another level of stupidity all together and you aren't mature enough to deal with consequences of your own doing.

money22

Jun 23, 2022
it come down to communication, he changed everything at the drop of a hat without any explanation, no rhyme or reason. So now people are mad and he hides and deleted / blocks / removes posts users from his pages, showing that his just a child, he cant face the music he created. Sorry to say you can say what you want, but if you don't communicated you have to weather the shitstorm you created. If you keep trying to ignore it you'll make it only worse. If you got the balls to change your project but not defend why, then either your ego is to big to take the downfall that the change was made because you couldn't hack it or the reason is another level of stupidity all together and you aren't mature enough to deal with consequences of your own doing.
A dev is not a punching-ball, dude.
You don't defend a project against unconstructive, contemptuous, disrespectful feedbacks.
Ever wondered why it was made clear that "f95 sh*t should stay in f95" ? Have a guess.
This is all thanks to immature response from people that just want to force the dev to take the KP route.

What if they don't want to? What if they want to do something different? What if they want to create their own things ?
The dev even let people download the previous version, which wasn't even a thing back then, so that you have the old more RPG version. If they clearly hadn't care about (real) feedbacks at all, they wouldn't have granted everyone access to previous version.

So no, overall, feedbacks ARE taken into account.
The only thing to note is that some people in this thread, and on their page (deleted, removed, hidden comments) depicts a clear childishness and lack of respect, to which they are getting answered accordingly.
Note that respect and agreeing with their choice are two distinct concepts, and while the second one is up to one another, the first one is a must.

TLDR; Respect the dev if you want at least to be respected when posting your ""feedbacks"".

Mar 5, 2018
A dev is not a punching-ball, dude.
You don't defend a project against unconstructive, contemptuous, disrespectful feedbacks.
Ever wondered why it was made clear that "f95 sh*t should stay in f95" ? Have a guess.
This is all thanks to immature response from people that just want to force the dev to take the KP route.

What if they don't want to? What if they want to do something different? What if they want to create their own things ?
The dev even let people download the previous version, which wasn't even a thing back then, so that you have the old more RPG version. If they clearly hadn't care about (real) feedbacks at all, they wouldn't have granted everyone access to previous version.

So no, overall, feedbacks ARE taken into account.
The only thing to note is that some people in this thread, and on their page (deleted, removed, hidden comments) depicts a clear childishness and lack of respect, to which they are getting answered accordingly.
Note that respect and agreeing with their choice are two distinct concepts, and while the second one is up to one another, the first one is a must.

TLDR; Respect the dev if you want at least to be respected when posting your ""feedbacks"".
Why should anyone in this thread respect the dev, when the dev respects no one here? Respect is a 2 way street.

Dec 21, 2020
It's not an angry shouts, most of the player playing this game is because what the devs offer in the first place. By suddenly changing how the game should be the devs broke the promise that he makes in the first place, by doing so the playerbase felt betrayed and demand what have been promised in the first place. For example No Man Sky betrayed the expectation and promise of the hype created by the devs, but the devs manage to revive the game and deliver what the game has promised to the playerbase. Meanwhile changing the game and breaking the promise what the dev made in the first place, is why WE as the player felt betrayed on the sudden changes. If the dev wants to make a VN game sure they can make it, BUT changing what that have been promised in the first place is a DICK move.

money22

Jun 23, 2022
Why should anyone in this thread respect the dev, when the dev respects no one here? Respect is a 2 way street.
What is respectful here is that the dev is granting you free access to the game, its content, and its update for now, even if you don't like them.
The manner your post has been written may however suggest you are agreeing people are not respectful in this thread, though.

Respect is indeed a two-way street.

Reactions: skazure

amaranta

Jun 26, 2020
It's his project, and he can do whatever he likes, and it will be only in a way how he will make.
It`s don`t looks like he do whatever he likes. It`s looks like, well, I don`t know how to say, beheaded chiken behevior maybe. All of this looks bad, looks hysterical.

Reactions: Beerus

Granberia

Mar 14, 2017
The dev pretty much guaranteed a shitstorm. If you're going to pivot to such a degree that your game is essentially now a different genre, you really should be coming to the table with something solid to justify it and aid others in understanding your vision. Instead, 0.16 is a regression to something akin to a proof of concept.

Everestti

May 16, 2017
Man... i just have played 0.16.
Do you know when a game is really bad and shows no signs of good development?
The totally opposite happened here, it had a nice thing going and just 180 into tragedy.
Maybe i'm just not seeing the big picture here, since i imagine most of the corruption sistem and sex battles will be implemented back, right?

Mar 5, 2018
What is respectful here is that the dev is granting you free access to the game, its content, and its update for now, even if you don't like them.
The manner your post has been written may however suggest you are agreeing people are not respectful in this thread, though.

Respect is indeed a two-way street.
Well yeah, it's the internet, there's bound to be people who don't give a fuck.
Some may see the complete change of the game without warning as a sort of disrespect. And then they want to express their anger and frustration. It's not that complicated. Also, adding fuel to the fire isn't going to solve anything. It's just going to make people angrier.

Sep 28, 2017
I feel like we need to update the overview now:

"Overview:
A lewd Sidescrolling/RPG.
In Saria Reclaimed you play as Saria, a wandering samurai of Cardinal's Heart,
an oasis town in the vast desert filled with bandits and abominations.
Will she give in to her desires and corruption or continue on the bloody path of a Pure Maiden ? "

It ain't a sidescrolling rpg anymore lol

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes