VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes
Mar 5, 2018
BITCH THIS IS A PIRACY WEBSITE, STFU.

Your ignorance and selfishness really tends to show me what kind of person you are in RL and the 14 idiots that liked you.

Get, the fuck, over it, the dev is entitlted to do what they want did you give them your money? No? Then you have no say in the matter. Even if you did give them your money, its fucking Patreon, go complain about it in a constructive manner on his page.
To every other dipshit thinking they should like this man's post. Try to push some blood towards your pre-frontal cortex instead of your amygdala and do a little bit more thinking.
You should really pull that dick out of your ass, I think it's starting to hurt you.
Like I said, 2 way street, so go fuck yourself.

money22

Jun 23, 2022
Is it respectful? This new version is certainly not what I put money to support, and if there was any indication this is what it would become then I wouldn't have given anything. I have given advice and feedback as the dev cycle went along, but it was ignored.

This might be respectful if it was free, but certainly not as-is, and definitely not with the responses the dev has been putting out.
This is the exact definition of investment.
You pay for a game that is currently incomplete and for what you feel like will have a great potential, a bright future.
Sometimes you get disapointed, sometimes you don't.
You've paid him to show an extra support to his work, it is your right to cancel it.

On the other hand, while I agree it definitely was a risky move to shake the playerbase by doing what the dev did, it is their right to do so, and whether you did or did not pay him for that so-called uturn, shouldn't impact the respect.

Keep in mind that I'm writing this post without having any knowledge about possible questionning the dev may or may not have proposed to consult their donators. And should the dev decide to follow this path, over yours (and many others), implies that they at least got support from quite some donors, I assume ?

Point being, things (the game, the com, the decisions, mainly) could have obviously been performed differently to get better results, that's a certainty, but so could have been some of the answers in this thread.

Ojbal

Jan 28, 2021
Very disappointed with the way the game has changed. I don't hate the card battle system, but I understand where the criticism is coming from. The game started as a side-scrolling with battle sex mechanics similar to KP and then became something that sadly seems more like a parody of how a VN should be. Cutting almost all of the h-content just to make separated chapters were we have to see some recycled art is an awful excuse of an update and more like a regression of all the progress the dev made for this game. It's insane how a dev would take out the strongest features of his game and shit on his fanbase like this.

At least the art continues to be very good and the setting still rocks, but damn what a letdown.

amgwtfover

Aug 11, 2017
I genuinely preferred the old system. It could have been the next Karryn's prison and propelled the success to THEN make two other games with these two other systems, a card battler and a renpy VN thing.

Velminth clearly got stagnant and kept wanting to mix things up, but I feel like this could have been 3 separate games or 1 main game + 2 spin-off Saria mini-games and people would have praised it to high heaven.

It isn't so much the new system being bad as it is that it destroyed the old beloved system to exist.

Kashell

Apr 29, 2018
played the v0.16.0 release. For the new UI, you need more info on what statuses do, what the weapon damage type triangle bonuses are so you can actually try and defend. With only 10 max health and Willpower, beating 1-4 is a nightmare. Without levels or other titles to up stats, this patch is way over tuned for the enemies and is a slog.

Ill wait and see what 17.0 adds and if its an improvement.

Reactions: GokutheG

amaranta

Jun 26, 2020
I'm not a therapist but I suspect the idea of working as a wage slave irl with a 9-5 job under a shitstain boss/CEO has affected him badly in the past and he has vowed to never again experience something like that.
It`s only for IRL behavior. For net ppl need only some time in toxic environment to act this way. Nothing traumatising, he just build his life values this way, looking at the behavior of others.

Reactions: Xill

Exidel

Nov 2, 2017
At this point, the game should be given the label of Abandoned. Because Saria Reclaimed, as it was portrayed and advertised, is well and truly abandoned. This thread advertises a side-scrolling RPG, while the dev as transitioned the game to be nothing but Renply VN garbage with a sizable chunk of the content cut out entirely.

This game is a scam to milk a patreon that got big and backers who are either coping or meatriding too hard to see that fact.

Joshuanon

Jun 10, 2018
I'm going to trust the process. I'm sure that when they've worked out the new combat system, the dev will go back to a better lewdness system. the combat of the old version was kinda boring. But the new version doesn't have a good lewd system at all

Reactions: Zariaswell

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Frankly, if the development had started along the lines it is now, I feel like it'd be fine. The big issue is the massive change from the first version, to the card game version, to this one.

Mar 6, 2022
Allow me to smack my two cents (wall of text, rather) on the whole hate-train for the v0.16.

I've tried the new version, which is more of deckbuilder and VN combination, to see what's left last pages here in such disarray.
It's... not bad. From what I gather, it is currently more of a proof of rework, a build that confirms that he didn't do fuck all the whole time. Which means it's currently super short and empty. Most of the content that was available in previous versions isn't there yet.
Of course, that didn't look good to me too. I've checked the trello, that someone here mentioned he has, and from what I see, the Karryn's Prison's corruption/fetish system will be back with all the related sexy stuff.

I understand that game going from LISA-like Sidescroller RPG, to Sidescroller deck-builder, and then to unusual (at least for me) amalgamation of VN, deckbuilder and some RPG elements on top is weird, and that's not mentioning how one update was scrapped. Several months of waiting for this update didn't help for the dev's image too. From what I've seen, his response wasn't exactly professional to the whole bashing from f95 community. And some people donated for a specific game that is an entirely different one now.
Heck, I, myself, am so sick of seeing boring copypaste RenPy VNs so much, that I just avoid them without even giving them a chance, however bad that sounds.

However, my point is:
As far as I see it, sidescroller RPG wasn't the cornerstone of this game (or at least not solely), but rather the art, setting, and the corruption/fetishes, that you could choose, mix and match to your own liking, to complete the game how your dick sees fit.
Again, it seems like the corruption and fetishes will still be there, at least according to trello on v0.17. Art and the setting are there as well. Deckbuilding gameplay (that mostly went uncriticized, and definitely not as harshly when it was first implemented) will probably be akin to v0.15.
Considering the amount of comparisons drawn between KP and Saria (rightfully so), I am pretty sure that it's the corruption of specific body parts that was one of the (if not the) main appeals, and again (I'm reiterating that for the third time now, please excuse), it seems it will be back.

So, all in all, those who specifically wanted a sidescroller, it seems like you can jump the ship at this point. Those who have specifically donated for a sidescroller game... yeah, that's a very bad sight. Sorry that happened to you peeps. Your anger is understandable.
Developer acted unprofessionally, despite changing the game to this extent (getting donations for one type of game, and then changing it multiple times to something different is obviously gonna be disliked). Though at the same time, receiving this kind of community response would've brought the worst out of any person, methinks.

My verdict? I'd wait for the v0.17.
If it sucks, has weird genre-changing shenanigans or alike, I guess hate-train is justified (though I still feel like some gone overboard).
If the content/systems are back and the game just works - I'd stick around for the game and watch how it goes.

P.S: please no "dev 2nd account" or "paid shill". I just felt like both sides have wronged in some aspects, and wanted to mediate this way.
Cheers.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes