VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

fart1111

Oct 31, 2019
I feel like the dev never really knew what he wanted to do with the combat, or maybe he did, but just couldn't find a way to make it stick (every single version of the combat in this game has been by far the weakest and most unbalanced point).

Reactions: Humanbug

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
I haven't tried the new update but from what I can see from the comments and what I've played
Not only is there the card system but people are talking about it being a vn
I'm guessing the creator is getting heavy inspiration from Library of Ruina
There is no overworld.
There is no inventory.
There is no RPG.
There is just clunky bland menus, a still unexplained cardgame, and Ren'Py stills.

I suspect the Voicing will be the next to go.
The project is not even remotely recognizable from a year ago.

majespecter

Jan 13, 2018
The card system is just selecting what seems like up to 6 skills you can use in battle. The gameplay seems more simplistic and less fun, but it does reduce a lot of the annoying travel time. Being able to just replay a fight whenever you want also is fine. Definitely not as fun as the older version, but honestly not as bad as people are making it out to be.

Jhony234

Dec 25, 2018
people pestering about a beta that change direction WHICH IS VERY MUCH what a beta is about. :sneaky:
Hmm i think u are wrong there, that kind of change its more for a project that is on alpha phase (wich for my pov all new games like this should be an alpha and not beta phase) When u enter on beta phase it means that you have a solid part of the game that needs to tested before release, wich means you like the way your project is going...making a rework of 90% or 100% of the game on beta phase is throwing problably years of work to the trash bin.

GobboAttie

Nov 12, 2023
Jesus you people are wild. This game has very high quality art and is literally on here for free. I preferred the open world navigation too but there's a huge market for this VN approach, in fact tons of people berate the RPG maker games for having a useless walking simulator built around what could have been a VN.
You're doing great dev, from someone that does not agree with all your decisions. Tamer Vale did great so people whining about another car battler are full of shit too. There is an issue with your approach to it, where the cards don't feel like they have any impact. There needs to be more direct feedback to the player that makes them feel distinct from eachother, and to give their effects some real impact. That's the only major criticism that I think really needs to be addressed for the final product and oh look, the game is literally WIP.

The Imp

Aug 12, 2018
changed game hmm... im not saying its a bust.... but not exactly saying i applaud it either XD

what made Karryn's prison shine was it was not just only sex on game over..
there was sex during combat if you ware not strong enough to fight em off
but there was still a chance to fight em off if you did well
-edit-
let me clarify. im not saying its bad XD..
but karryn's prison is a high bar to reach for... its like RPGs now reaching for BG3 quality..
and karryn's prison is pretty high up there when it comes to Hentai games, but we all know that
and it took alot of updates and did not happen over night

Supreme_Evil

⸸ БѢСЪ ⸸
Uploader
Oct 16, 2020
I have recently moved on from the pain in the ass that this game provide to me and here we go again, the update on the main page that serves as a reminder of that frustration.

SOMEDIPSHIT

Jan 27, 2022
I dunno why everyone is throwing a temper tantrum, it is his game and we get to play it for free. If he doesn't like the way it is developing and wants to change it, that is up to him. I really want to see what he will make that required him to completely remake the game from scrap. Just let the man cook.

fart1111

Oct 31, 2019
people pestering about a beta that change direction WHICH IS VERY MUCH what a beta is about. :sneaky:
It's a year and a half into development and this is the second rework, first from an RPG battler into a card game. And now from a traditional RPG style game with movement and exploration to just menu based VN. It's not a good look.

Jesus you people are wild. This game has very high quality art and is literally on here for free. I preferred the open world navigation too but there's a huge market for this VN approach, in fact tons of people berate the RPG maker games for having a useless walking simulator built around what could have been a VN.
You're doing great dev, from someone that does not agree with all your decisions. Tamer Vale did great so people whining about another car battler are full of shit too. There is an issue with your approach to it, where the cards don't feel like they have any impact. There needs to be more direct feedback to the player that makes them feel distinct from eachother, and to give their effects some real impact. That's the only major criticism that I think really needs to be addressed for the final product and oh look, the game is literally WIP.
The newest update appeals to no one, the card battle mechanics are still there and is still most of the game, it doesn't appeal to people who want the RPG, or the people who want a VN. Also I'm not even sure if you can attack sexually and win a battle that way anymore. I don't know if you get cards for it later or not, but seemingly if you get turned on you just go into a last ditch effort to finish the battle before they grope you too much and rape you.

T ☯ K Y ☯

Sep 15, 2019
switching to VN wasn't a big problem in my opinion, but this card system is something that didn't suit the game, the original model wasn't perfect but it was much better than this card system.

The story is ok, the artwork is very nice, nothing to complain about.

the biggest problem is the gameplay, I hope it gets a makeover.

it's funny that if the dev had followed the game the way it was originally made I think we'd have a bigger game today with lots of new scenes and scenarios.

largedad

Dec 11, 2017
I haven't tried the new update but from what I can see from the comments and what I've played
Not only is there the card system but people are talking about it being a vn
I'm guessing the creator is getting heavy inspiration from Library of Ruina
patreon paypigs must suffer... as i have...

fantastic change, great work. :geek:

Asafax

Feb 16, 2020
People were playing this for the combat? Always felt like a bit of a clunky mess you just sorta put up with for the great art, surprised so many people are upset with the change. Different ways of getting groped in combat and enemy preferences were a neat idea but even with cheat mode on it always felt like kind of a pain to see much lewd without just losing and just playing the combat to win wasn't really much beyond standard RPG fare

piefightclub

Nov 4, 2023
i just tested the game
i mean its a pretty big change but it can work out if it gets done properly
maybe the creator might decide to bring in some rpg aspects to it back

Supreme_Evil

⸸ БѢСЪ ⸸
Uploader
Oct 16, 2020
switching to VN wasn't a big problem in my opinion, but this card system is something that didn't suit the game, the original model wasn't perfect but it was much better than this card system.

The story is ok, the artwork is very nice, nothing to complain about.

the biggest problem is the gameplay, I hope it gets a makeover.

it's funny that if the dev had followed the game the way it was originally made I think we'd have a bigger game today with lots of new scenes and scenarios.
Who cares about VN's? There're a shithole of them. SR has transitioned from a unique and promise RPG to a mediocre VN with a card-based battle system. I'm dead, bruh.

allenjohn

Apr 12, 2018
Yeah, there's a huge market for it, but it doesn't include all of the people that have been supporting it up until now. People are more than justified in being annoyed that a game they spent more than a year following, maybe even financially supporting, has suddenly shifted gears into something that they're not interested in. Both FPS and RTS games are popular, but if somebody garnered support for an FPS for a couple years only to shift gears into an RTS they'd get rightly dunked on for it. It's a very dumb decision.

Szarala

Nov 6, 2018
People were playing this for the combat? Always felt like a bit of a clunky mess you just sorta put up with for the great art, surprised so many people are upset with the change. Different ways of getting groped in combat and enemy preferences were a neat idea but even with cheat mode on it always felt like kind of a pain to see much lewd without just losing and just playing the combat to win wasn't really much beyond standard RPG fare
There are quite a few people who want something more involved than Gallery Simulator #471. The first iteration of this project bore many similarities to Karryn's Prison, where the bulk of the "action" takes place in combat, and that is what drew many people to it in the first place.

GobboAttie

Nov 12, 2023
The newest update appeals to no one, the card battle mechanics are still there and is still most of the game, it doesn't appeal to people who want the RPG, or the people who want a VN. Also I'm not even sure if you can attack sexually and win a battle that way anymore. I don't know if you get cards for it later or not, but seemingly if you get turned on you just go into a last ditch effort to finish the battle before they grope you too much and rape you.
I feel that no one is a stretch. If people would prefer to have this as a VN then it's currently unknown whether or not many of the other mechanics will return or not, since as the creator clearly stated, he made the whole game all over again. Do you not expect any regression with a full overhaul of the game?

Again, I don't think the card battle mechanics are inherently an issue, I think they're just currently implemented poorly, for reasons I've stated. When your actions don't feel like they have impact, you don't get that sweet little dopamine rush you're desperate for during gameplay.

I also don't think there's an issue with voicing criticisms, my primary issue is the people crying that the game is dead, or bashing the dev for the latest patch. My complaints may not even apply to you but that's the result of me being unclear with my initial post.

Point is. The game isn't remotely done, calm the fuck down. If you don't like the changes, absolutely say it, but don't be an entitled shit or little bitch about it.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes