VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Frostfire281

Jan 18, 2019
Does the new version actually have meaning choices and corruption mechanics since it is now a VN style?
Meaningful choices? No not yet. Corruption mechanics? Sort of. There's some lewd passives you can unlock and swap for the starting ones, and a hidden corruption value that unlocks 2 lewd scenes in the VN portion atm.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I keep getting game over, at the start, have no idea what to do to maybe get it to advance at all. I could sort of move along in the old version, but this interface now. (I just can not even understand what to do to keep from losing right at the start.)

I did not even know for sure first time it was playing a game, I thought it was just a bunch of choices I was making, not and actual battle :(

Kapios223

May 9, 2017
Well yet another promising game went to the trash because the Developer found it easier to just make it into yet another boring VN type card game...guess I'll drop that one as well.
Remember kids only give money for the full product, never support kickstarters because 99% of them just bait and switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: HikkiG

Exidel

Nov 2, 2017
Hilarious to see the dev going further and further down the Yandere Dev rabbit hole in now openly antagonizing and insulting not only us freeloaders, but the people who PAY him to make the game he's advertising.

loka224

Oct 10, 2018
Honestly, i don't mind the new revamp, but some majors things left me with doubts.

1: the very limited amount of sex attacks she can take before game over (4-5 and your done, considering the first 3 are always trash talk whatever ennemy you face), with no option to recover willpower

2: sex attacks are always the same order: 3 trash talk, 1-2 of another one (depend on mob), and 1-2 of a third (then game over). there is no variations. i suppose the variety will go up the more you advance the game, so wait and see.

3: Combat unbalance: the last mob have an attack that can literally kill you in one turn, even if not in the weakness, being neutral is enough to kill you. It can use it when his turn is first, meaning that if you ended last turn in wrong position= End

Even better, i started a new battle with him, and he got his turn first and used that attack and litterally killed me before the fight even start lol.

nitu23

Jun 11, 2019
I don't think it's impossible for the new version to become a good game, but as it currently stands, it's a poor replacement for the previous version. Less content, buggy interface, basic card combat with unclear icons and effects. And the overall vibe has also taken a huge hit.

Without the old intro and the map exploration, the world of the game feels way fuzzier and more undefined. We get some generic exposition about the state of the world and the different kingdoms vying for power, and then the first conversation is with a sexy/cheerful catgirl now instead of seeing how tough of an upbringing Saria had and how brutal of a world she lives in. In my initial review I said that I really liked the world because it felt like a good mix of a Souls game and Kenshi. I don't really get any of that anymore because you don't really experience the world anymore.

It's not exactly a bait and switch like people want to believe. Reworks happen in the background of game development all the time, though in the era of patreon and early access, they're happening in front of paying customers more and more.

Goctionni

Feb 21, 2020
I wouldn't say he rewrote the game from scratch, but rather that he built a different game and re-used a bunch of assets.

Yes he can do whatever he wants, and he's free to be a condecending prick about it too. But uhh. :censored:

Reactions: Kapios223
2.40 star(s) 158 Votes