VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

JankiesTanker

Jul 29, 2020
Ever since the card system Implemented, i feel its been going to flop anytime soon but i never expected the very worse here, like "What the fuck happened here?"

Vulpas

Feb 16, 2021
The new style doesn't particularly bother me barring a few things that are stopping me from wanting to play at all:
  1. Enemies are pretty damn spongy, fights are gruling and take a while i'd blame the enemy hp pools but also the extremely limited card budget you have also hurts, enemies can outright just decide to win.
  2. There's no sexual defenses, if an enemy like Oskar decides he's in the mood, i've tried but, i can't seem to win he just has too much health and i can't do anything about the will damage.
  3. The sexual progression of fetishes and what not was crystal clear in the older version, now you just have a page of basic fetishes that will probably get developed on.

pisslicker132

Apr 23, 2020
Was on board from the jump because I've always loved Karryn's Prison's combat system, but never fully invested in it because I hate how exaggerated her features were. Was a bit sad when combat sex was removed in favor for a Library of Ruina style game, but stuck with it because I love LoR's combat system as well, and thought that this game could benefit a bit off of it if it had just hammered out some issues. Now, the combat system (unless I'm just an idiot) is a complete incoherent mess and the game has suddenly become a visual novel and we're so far off the original concept that I don't even know what to expect anymore. Velminth really took the main draws of the game and went away with them on a whim and it's really depressing.

Side note, Velminth's art was never bad but it really has improved a lot over time, wish I had enough patience to put in the time and be as good of an artist as them.

Anon2298

Nov 24, 2023
I have never seen a game becoming so bad, so fast.
It was a game with multiple paths, corruption dialogues and different outcomes for events, now is just an scene viewer and there is no sense of corruptions since the game play scenes very straight forward. Is not just that now is a VN, is just that is a really bad VN, there are games of that genre on this site with corruption systems and progression, this is a tragedy and the dev doesn't seem to see what is wrong with the direction he took.

• Wow
Reactions: iambill
May 16, 2022
Yeah this is unfortunately an unsub tier update

I even paid the $25 to get my Lamia put in the game as pixel art and he did great on that, but the game as it is now lacks the battlefucking which was the entire draw of the game to me up to this point. I see no world where Velminth ever goes back to the original vision for the game, which leaves no other options for me to continue supporting.

Cloud73

Feb 7, 2018
I agree with the majority of people weighing in; this rework was pretty disappointing.

I would have rather seen Saria Reclaimed moved to RPGM than this.

Reactions: eugene67

The_Thiccness

May 20, 2022
Was on board from the jump because I've always loved Karryn's Prison's combat system, but never fully invested in it because I hate how exaggerated her features were. Was a bit sad when combat sex was removed in favor for a Library of Ruina style game, but stuck with it because I love LoR's combat system as well, and thought that this game could benefit a bit off of it if it had just hammered out some issues. Now, the combat system (unless I'm just an idiot) is a complete incoherent mess and the game has suddenly become a visual novel and we're so far off the original concept that I don't even know what to expect anymore. Velminth really took the main draws of the game and went away with them on a whim and it's really depressing.

Side note, Velminth's art was never bad but it really has improved a lot over time, wish I had enough patience to put in the time and be as good of an artist as them.
Karryn's prison has an option for smaller more proportionate breasts. I'm surprised people were so turned off by it, I'm definitely more of a proportionate/smaller breast(more athletic) kinda guy but still found her incredibly attractive and not way over the top like some games but I definitely wouldn't go any bigger than hers. That's getting into grotesquely large.

May 16, 2022
Karryn's prison has an option for smaller more proportionate breasts. I'm surprised people were so turned off by it, I'm definitely more of a proportionate/smaller breast(more athletic) kinda guy but still found her incredibly attractive and not way over the top like some games but I definitely wouldn't go any bigger than hers. That's getting into grotesquely large.
It's kind of wild, but Karryn's Prison is at a size I would traditionally find to be, 'hyper grotesque' sized. Something about the game just makes it work though, and part of me honestly thinks it's just tied to the weapon and build of her torso that makes it fit better than most art at a similar size.

The_Thiccness

May 20, 2022
It's kind of wild, but Karryn's Prison is at a size I would traditionally find to be, 'hyper grotesque' sized. Something about the game just makes it work though, and part of me honestly thinks it's just tied to the weapon and build of her torso that makes it fit better than most art at a similar size.
Yah they are definitely drawn in a way that is appealing.

McKraken

May 13, 2017
...Wow.

I'm setting aside my feelings about this...further direction.

The gameplay of this needs to do some intense studying from current proper "deckbuilder" games like Slay the Spire.

For one thing, either the player or the AI should *always* go first, and the game should be balanced accordingly.

My first attempt at Oskar, he got the first move and one-hit-KO'd me. That is pretty much a waste of my time.

If the AI is able to go/always going to go first, nothing they can do should have one-hit-kill potential.

Last edited:

fakeymcfake45

May 7, 2021
What happens to the original thread description when a game does a 180 and a new release is shit?

Same thing happened to carnal instinct, but the original thread is still up.

May 12, 2019
Man actually having played 0.16 now this really is a joke. The earlier comments making fun of Velminth changing game mechanics based on the games he personally plays at the time actually seems true lmao. He's trying really hard to emulate Project Moon right now with Library of Ruina and Limbus Company themes and mechanics. Except it's done really poorly and as someone whos a diehard PM fan this game at 0.16 makes me cringe hard. Visual novel approach with bloated words, monologues and a failed attempt at world building. And a really shitty combat system that doesn't even come close to other deckbuilding games. I'll admit one thing, the balance is at least on par with Project Moon games which notoriously are poorly balanced at launch and gradually fixed patch after patch lol.

It's sad that there was more story and world-building when the game had open exploration. It was more immersive being in a LISA-like world with less to say and more to show. Whereas now the game is all talk no show. Now instead of being a badass hardened woman (with a background that you can decide) living in a harsh unforgiving world, Saria is by default bitchy and constantly complains despite all her complaints being the result of her own incompetence with a touch of preteen edgelord cringe backtalk towards enemies. It doesn't make her likable, just seems like a huge bitch that deserves to lose lol. Maybe the game will get better but right now the art is the only thing that carries the game, and the dev has too big of an ego to listen or revert any changes.

Last edited:

Elveskudd

Dec 18, 2021
Man actually having played 0.16 now this really is a joke. The earlier comments making fun of Velminth changing game mechanics based on the games he personally plays at the time actually seems true lmao. He's trying really hard to emulate Project Moon right now with Library of Ruina and Limbus Company themes and mechanics.
Just you wait. Next update its gonna be Saria Lethal Company edition or some such shit :KEK:

HOUYUSTON

Aug 10, 2018
Just you wait. Next update its gonna be Saria Lethal Company edition or some such shit :KEK:
Bro actually made me laugh out loud, good one. Currently downloading this mess of a project, remember when all of combat was remade into card game, don't know what to expect this time.

Feb 7, 2020
Yeah this is unfortunately an unsub tier update

I even paid the $25 to get my Lamia put in the game as pixel art and he did great on that, but the game as it is now lacks the battlefucking which was the entire draw of the game to me up to this point. I see no world where Velminth ever goes back to the original vision for the game, which leaves no other options for me to continue supporting.
Based on patreon trackers he's lost only 10% of his month subs since 0.16 announcement last month to about USD1300 per month. Unsubbing is the only way, even then dev said didn't need the money.

May 12, 2019
The funny thing being that if Saria's background was a disposable no name scrapper, it would be leagues better in the story department (and closer to the original vision of picking your own background/upbringing/lifeexperiences) compared to the useless babysitter "elite" samurai mess we have right now. :ROFLMAO:

Redyqar

Apr 28, 2018
Why does it always happen like this?
Maybe it is because i don't know dick about game dev, but surely it is better to "freeze" this project and release new one as separate.

Reactions: 9_Int

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Oh good to know, so he/she is an ARTIST artist. Just does it for the passion and self-fulfillment. Let them do it.
If they don't care about making a business out of it, then fair.
This is like a politician being like "I don't give a shit what my voters want, no matter if they voted me or not"
fair.

I gotta say this is hilarious. Sometimes remakes are justified, but changing your opinion about an (already decent and popular) game in terms of fundamental mechanics and setup is not gonna win you a lot of fans unfortunately. Real shame. It's a shame too if it's not being announced "hey im gonna completely remake it just FYI". Instead people possibly pour money into the project expecting next update to have some cool additions, and then it takes a long time and dev is like "well, I didnt ADD anything, I just made it again. Tehe"

Reactions: zen4yalp
2.40 star(s) 158 Votes