VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

finale00

Jul 29, 2019
But first, I aim to complete a 0.15.2 game state in Unity, and later extend the game with such a constructor/builder and new levels/plots, monsters/enemies, NPCs, and a better corruption/fame system that will impact game flow. Overall, Vel’s game idea was awesome; it’s sad that he has abandoned the game.

Any way, if you want to create Godot remake, be ready to write a lot of code. Game contains a lot of stuff:
Would there be less work involved in making a unity remake as opposed to godot remake?

What's the motivation for remaking the game in unity, as opposed to just cleaning up the MZ build?

When I looked at the MZ project, there was a ton of event duplication, the battles were basically copy paste copy paste copy paste and absolutely terrible to manage. I wouldn't be surprised if author gave up because it was just such a pain to actually add new content.

Even adding an enemy to a single battle required making sure 3 or 4 different event pages had their scripts updated to incorporate the new enemy. Eventually I was able to figure out how to add more enemies to each battle, but it was just a huge headache.

If all of the battles were to be refactored into a much more manageable state, it'd probably be just as usable.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Would there be less work involved in making a unity remake as opposed to godot remake?

What's the motivation for remaking the game in unity, as opposed to just cleaning up the MZ build?

When I looked at the MZ project, there was a ton of event duplication, the battles were basically copy paste copy paste copy paste and absolutely terrible to manage. I wouldn't be surprised if author gave up because it was just such a pain to actually add new content.

Even adding an enemy to a single battle required making sure 3 or 4 different event pages had their scripts updated to incorporate the new enemy. Eventually I was able to figure out how to add more enemies to each battle, but it was just a huge headache.

If all of the battles were to be refactored into a much more manageable state, it'd probably be just as usable.
>1
Yes. Unity has years of professional support, functionality, and documentation over Godot.
>2
>3
RPGMaker functions are extremely limited and the engine itself can only support so much of even its own native functions. As a whole the engine cannot even handle simple programming tasks and JS can only do so much heavy lifting.

Reactions: maybemaybe112

finale00

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Unity has years of professional support, functionality, and documentation over Godot.
Those things aren't going to make re-implementing the list of functionality any faster, especially if you're porting a game made in one engine into another.

RPGMaker functions are extremely limited and the engine itself can only support so much of even its own native functions. As a whole the engine cannot even handle simple programming tasks and JS can only do so much heavy lifting.
RPG maker is perfectly fine for programming. MZ is completely open-source.
JS can certainly handle simple programming tasks.

Respectfully, what is your experience with programming in general?

Reactions: D4n0w4r
2.40 star(s) 158 Votes