VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

DemonLord98

Oct 11, 2019
(not disagreeing or arguing with you here, but lemme get my soapbox out for a sec.)

I know it's in development, and a lot of content isn't there yet. That particular scene however *felt* like it's completed to the extent that it is planned to be, and I feel like it's indicative of a misunderstanding of what constitutes a proper buildup.

To be clear, I think this game so far is great. I think it's well built. I just think some specific directions that it looks like the dev is going towards (mechanically speaking) aren't all contributing positively, and wanted to point that out. (It's been a few weeks since I actually played, but seeing the update reminded me of some stuff I wanted to say.)

Like there's a lot of focus on what body part a given enemy is jacking off at, which doesn't really make sense to me. I don't understand why she'd even be paying attention to where exactly their eyes are pointed towards, and it doesn't make sense to me that it somehow increases her sensitivity in those areas. Also pretty un-sexy if the player isn't specifically into those fetishes. Like I spent about 40% of my time playing trying to fight against random armpit and foot fetish buildup, because I don't like those things. Every time an enemy focused on something like that, instead of enjoying the game, I had an internal goddammit... moment.

The things that break immersion/mood-killers are really small, compared to what the dev has accomplished in building this game, but they occur SO FREQUENTLY that enjoyment became difficult. Why does every enemy have a foot fetish so strong they'd rather jerk it than touch her?

It's like I've mentally got 2 different ratings for this game. 5 star and 2 star. 5 star for what it feels like this game might become, what this clearly capable dev could be building, but 2 stars in terms of present enjoyment of the existing content. Not because of how little content there is, but because of the fact that I can't really enjoy what's already there.
Hmm. I love that armpits and feet were included. They are normally not.

C3r3

Oct 23, 2018
Found another weird bug, managed to get into a fight with the 5 thugs in Raising Ribs, hands managed to hit 100 first, had 3 of them going for the armpits, and two of them were getting handjobs, but one of them was stuck in a perpetual cum loop, had to use throwing knives to get out of the lock lol.

itsformysin

Jun 21, 2019
Found another weird bug, managed to get into a fight with the 5 thugs in Raising Ribs, hands managed to hit 100 first, had 3 of them going for the armpits, and two of them were getting handjobs, but one of them was stuck in a perpetual cum loop, had to use throwing knives to get out of the lock lol.
Throwing knife is the ultimate debug tool.

Fallen-Lilith95

Jun 25, 2017
Managed to get enemy sex attacks to work like in the previous versions (they can start anytime instead of being below 40-50 willpower wich leads to defeat most of the time)

place the attached file at the bottom in data folder

you can also make enemies target specific zones or even disable them
open enemies.json from the data folder use notepad or notepad++ in my case

ctrl + F search for preference switch to Replace > Replace All there you can edit all of the enemy values at once
Top/Anal/Mouth/etc set it to 0 to disable each of them,so yep there you go customize it to your liking
b.jpg a.jpg

Last edited:

dreminh

Jan 4, 2019
am new to the game so how can you loss virgin in this game , i lost some battle but all of them just jerk off
also how to get the title "exploder "
sorry for bad eng

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I wonder what's the aspect that will change her personality to be more lewd. Will it be the reputation tiers, or the passives?

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
Managed to get enemy sex attacks to work like in the previous versions (they can start anytime instead of being below 40-50 willpower wich leads to defeat most of the time)

place the attached file at the bottom in data folder

you can also make enemies target specific zones or even disable them
open enemies.json from the data folder use notepad or notepad++ in my case

ctrl + F search for preference switch to Replace > Replace All there you can edit all of the enemy values at once
Top/Anal/Mouth/etc set it to 0 to disable each of them,so yep there you go customize it to your liking
View attachment 2134470 View attachment 2134468
in general, sex scenes start at 70 and only at 70, and also the arts will not appear if, for example, you want all the arts at once (for example, pussy, clit, abs, hands) only two.

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
I don't understand why you need the option to kill when you want to talk to someone, does it affect anything at all? to history?

Fallen-Lilith95

Jun 25, 2017
in general, sex scenes start at 70 and only at 70, and also the arts will not appear if, for example, you want all the arts at once (for example, pussy, clit, abs, hands) only two.
Im aware of the corruption and the gauge requirements,but they just wont trigger for me
even in old and new saves from 0.5.2 version onwards i tried im in like 100 corruption and 100 in the pink body parts gauge in combat
and enemies would never engage in sex unless im below 40 or so willpower wich pretty much leads to a defeat with how much sensitivity im at

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
Wow...It's like it's in development.
But seriously I get it. The first defeat does kinda suck right now, but he [?] is making sizeable updates.
I know it's in development, and a lot of content isn't there yet. That particular scene however *felt* like it's completed to the extent that it is planned to be, and I feel like it's indicative of a misunderstanding of what constitutes a proper buildup.
But I'm opting for optimism, hoping that Velminth will add something to the defeat scenes at some point
On the discord channel, the dev has been very insistent that the defeat scenes in each region will not be expanded or changed. What you see is what you get - those bandits in the first map will never touch Saria, no matter how many times she ends up in their clutches, or how corrupted she becomes.

For me, this is a major missed opportunity, and - as you point out - indicates a misunderstanding of how "buildup" and "corruption" function in these types of games.

Reactions: HikkiG

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
On the discord channel, the dev has been very insistent that the defeat scenes in each region will not be expanded or changed. What you see is what you get - those bandits in the first map will never touch Saria, no matter how many times she ends up in their clutches, or how corrupted she becomes.

For me, this is a major missed opportunity, and - as you point out - indicates a misunderstanding of how "buildup" and "corruption" function in these types of games.
Wow...I thought it was just on the back burner as he refines other aspects but that is disheartening. Also fairly comical since with enough time Saria is begging to be dicked down, then comes to "Don't you dare take one step closer!"

Reactions: HikkiG

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
Wow...I thought it was just on the back burner as he refines other aspects but that is disheartening. Also fairly comical since with enough time Saria is begging to be dicked down, then comes to "Don't you dare take one step closer!"
Yup, I'm on exactly the same page.

And there's the inverse of the comical "free-use super-slut Saria deciding that these three specific cocks are suddenly a step too far" - that the late-game defeat scenes will be hardcoded to full-on sex, anal, what-have-you-perversions.

Which is also not great - not from a character corruption perspective, and not from a world-building perspective.

"We're rough and evil bandits, we're itching to fuck armpits and lick abs - but here in our defeat cave we draw the line at masturbation. We're not like those savages over on the next map who will actually touch a girl. This isn't 'Nam, Smokey, there are rules."

The reasoning behind this approach is that the dev thinks that "progressing" the defeat scenes will require too much art. Alternative approaches that don't require additional art are not of interest.

By the way - my source on all this is the Discord channel, where the dev is very responsive. I'd be happy to be wrong, but I think I've done an accurate job of summarizng the dev's position from what I've seen over there so far.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Karryn's Prison works the same way though. Each section has it's own defeated scene.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes