VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
Karryn's Prison works the same way though. Each section has it's own defeated scene.
True, but there is an argument that higher corruption leads to more variety in the scene. Honestly, the first defeat room would be a perfect comparison. In Saria, it's just masturbation no matter what unless something is implemented. In Karryn's Prison, it is masturbation that can lead to handjobs or a blowbang with higher slut level/ corruption.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
True, but there is an argument that higher corruption leads to more variety in the scene. Honestly, the first defeat room would be a perfect comparison. In Saria, it's just masturbation no matter what unless something is implemented. In Karryn's Prison, it is masturbation that can lead to handjobs or a blowbang with higher slut level/ corruption.
Yeah that makes sense. Here's the thing though. How many defeated scenes does the dev plan to add by the end? Yeah, more variety would be nice, but for Karryn's Prison you had a purpose for visiting all the floors, it was tied to the rioting game mechanic, which meant that you'd keep visiting every floor every few days. For this game as of now there's no reason to go back to any of the places you've been, unless you want to grind bosses, and I assume the more places get added the more you'd avoid the past zones. Adding more variety would be nice but that also means less time drawing scenes for future zones.

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
Yeah that makes sense. Here's the thing though. How many defeated scenes does the dev plan to add by the end? Yeah, more variety would be nice, but for Karryn's Prison you had a purpose for visiting all the floors, it was tied to the rioting game mechanic, which meant that you'd keep visiting every floor every few days. For this game as of now there's no reason to go back to any of the places you've been, unless you want to grind bosses, and I assume the more places get added the more you'd avoid the past zones. Adding more variety would be nice but that also means less time drawing scenes for future zones.
Fair, but in that case it seems to mean that the grind is well, just a grind. Karryn's prison had variety of scenes to compensate losing and make it enjoyable [1st floor defeat, the side jobs having variety for H etc.]. But if the defeat scenes are this static AND there is no way to know that [ex- option to increase lust to test things out to see if there is more cg on top of the base one as well as open more options for gameplay like sex fighting you can do in KP with higher slut level. Though that might come later idk.] I can't help but think this leads to nearly as much tiredness for the standard game over rape in other rpgs as a collector time waster.
Plus, horny guys finally catch a hot woman in who knows how long and go "HAHA PREPARE TO BECOME....FAP FODDER!" "NOOOOOOOOO!" just reminds of early days Karryn's prison where the same thing happened.

tarnhelm113

Aug 11, 2017
Karryn's Prison works the same way though. Each section has it's own defeated scene.
Each section has it's own defeat scene, but each sections defeat scene is totally different than the last. The first floor has the blowbang in the storage room, the second floor has the standing doggystyle toilet sex, the third floor has standing bondage, the fourth floor has the stockade, the guards have sex on a bed, and the final boss has the mega-gangbang on the altar. And the scenes have a bit of variety on top of that, with the variable number of men involved, and most importantly the control you have over Karryn. I remember the first time I got the 2nd floor defeat scene, and I managed to get out of it with her virginity still intact just through keeping her lust down everywhere except her mouth so they all just jerked off or used her mouth.

In contrast, every single general defeat scene in this game so far is the exact same, Saria is tied up and jerked off onto, by a preset number of NPCs, with you being able to do nothing but press skip turn and wait. It's pretty silly too considering the context of some of those scenes; a bunch of literally blind cave-dwellers kidnap her and just jerk off onto her despite not even being able to see her, a bunch of spider/man monsters drag her into their breeding chambers just to jerk off onto her. If there isn't going to be any variability to them, then just go the full mile and make them the same as the boss scenes, AKA have one static CG of her about to be fucked, one static CG of her getting fucked, and one static CG of her being cummed on/in. As they are right now the defeat scene are a chore to get through after you've seen them once before, which is alright if they're just a placeholder/WIP, but not so much if that's the final intended product. So I hope that's not right, because I'm loving the game and it's updates so far, it'd be a shame if that's how it is.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Fair, but in that case it seems to mean that the grind is well, just a grind. Karryn's prison had variety of scenes to compensate losing and make it enjoyable [1st floor defeat, the side jobs having variety for H etc.]. But if the defeat scenes are this static AND there is no way to know that [ex- option to increase lust to test things out to see if there is more cg on top of the base one as well as open more options for gameplay like sex fighting you can do in KP with higher slut level. Though that might come later idk.] I can't help but think this leads to nearly as much tiredness for the standard game over rape in other rpgs as a collector time waster.
Plus, horny guys finally catch a hot woman in who knows how long and go "HAHA PREPARE TO BECOME....FAP FODDER!" "NOOOOOOOOO!" just reminds of early days Karryn's prison where the same thing happened.
I'm hoping the only grind that's needed to unlock scenes like the one with the Tickler stays at reputation requirement. Last update I didn't know how to unlock it so I just kept losing to everyone. This time I just had to lose to Oskar the drunk 11 times in order to get to "explorer" rep. I know some of the passives unlock stuff, like how the pussy ones have a "sex through the wall" unlockable. I wonder where that stuff is going to get implemented.

Reactions: Davos2

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
There are some clear differences between this game and Karryn's Prison though, the main one being that this game (so far at least) looks like it's going to be a linear game, rather than the player going to the same areas over and over again. I can see why the dev thinks having a defeat scene from the start of the game having such a wide variety of options that only open up once Saria is corrupted enough is pointless because by that point in the game Saria simply won't be corrupted enough.

...The obvious way around that though is to have opportunites for these defeat scenes occur again later in the game (which may already be in the dev's plans), in which case I really don't see much reason in the bandit scene or the trogladyte scene staying the way they are. As was said earlier, seems like a missed opportunity, and the logic of it being potentially a waste of art resources is lost on me, I'd have thought using the art resources you've already got and then expanding on them so that you can then re-use them is if anything making better use of your resources.

Last edited:

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
I'm hoping the only grind that's needed to unlock scenes like the one with the Tickler stays at reputation requirement. Last update I didn't know how to unlock it so I just kept losing to everyone. This time I just had to lose to Oskar the drunk 11 times in order to get to "explorer" rep. I know some of the passives unlock stuff, like how the pussy ones have a "sex through the wall" unlockable. I wonder where that stuff is going to get implemented.
I was wondering how to get that! I thought I had to explore every cave and side area!

Reactions: Xill

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I was wondering how to get that! I thought I had to explore every cave and side area!
Yeah it was pretty confusing before. But with this update if you go to the menu with the skills and stuff, (right click on the mouse or the arrows at the bottom left) you can see at the top some info about Saria, if you mouse over the reputation you can see how many partners you need for each title. Partners are humans and odd partners are the monsters. Two really good places to grind each is Oskar the drunk for the partners and that big blue wolf boss thing for the odd partners. Though with the latter it sends you all the way to the start if you lose. I think the boss in the ship works too but I haven't tried.

Reactions: Davos2

tarnhelm113

Aug 11, 2017
The game might be linear, but it's not like it's some massive trek to get back to any particular area, as the game currently is you're never more than an area or two away from a campfire to fast travel wherever you want. I'm not personally opposed to having only a single, non-changing scene per area if that's what they want to go with, but at least change it up a little then, or space them out more. Right now you have three defeat scenes in pretty much back to back areas that are the same.

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
Im sure Velminth will take it there. These are just early builds. For example we got more text for Saria as her reputation "evolves".

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
First defeat scene really bugs me. You telling me that bandits have her chained up in a cave, and they're not even gonna touch her, just stand and jerk it in her general direction? Even after her 5th capture? I get trying to make a buildup, but this just doesn't make sense.
Womans like guys that behave like a gentlemans. So NO TOUCHIE rule applies here.

hyperk2

Jul 26, 2019
I found out about this game pretty recently, and overall I'd say I'm pretty impressed. I like the art style and the combat is pretty engaging. I also enjoy some of the little darksouls-esque flourishes. That being said, I do have some critiques from what I played.

Essentially it boils down to combat and defeats. First, about combat. The way I saw it, it looks like it's implemented in a way that's designed for the long haul and currently there essentially is no long haul. The main issue I ran into was that it was quite difficult to actually get high-level corruption actions/attacks to happen before you simply lose due to losing all willpower. And that's with me making a concerted effort to prolong fights as long as possible on purpose.So that being said, this could work itself out if the game went on longer, but as it is, a little iffy.

Secondly, I have a bit of a different concern with the defeat scenes. Essentially, you measure corruption increases with thresholds of overall value and by # of a specific attack being suffered. The defeat scenes don't use any of the combat attacks that are tracked, so those won't go up. And, after the first 1 or 2 thresholds have been hit, the defeat scenes won't raise an areas corruption high enough. Mostly because all the areas get raised up randomly and none of them can really build up. That being said, defeats ended up just not doing anything in the end.

Sorry it was so long, but hopefully that's helpful.

Jun 13, 2019
This game would be better if it wasn't trying to do so much at once. Like the desire bars are so nonsensical lmao, it only needed a few like karryn's prison. Doesn't help that there's barely any scenes for battle sex. Like there is barely any content in this game as it is now. Wake me up in 4 years when it's finished

Baggo

Dec 18, 2017
This game would be better if it wasn't trying to do so much at once. Like the desire bars are so nonsensical lmao, it only needed a few like karryn's prison. Doesn't help that there's barely any scenes for battle sex. Like there is barely any content in this game as it is now. Wake me up in 4 years when it's finished
Could be fun in the end result, do a pit slut run.

NekoPi

Aug 22, 2021
Lmao I said the SAME thing Months ago (talking about doing too much with the bars.) I've just decided to stay silent and see the progression of the game. It's still up in the air of what it's trying to be right now, it will find its footing...hopefully.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes