VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

dhklewdgamer

Dec 8, 2017
Kind of new to this. The only game I played along the lines of this one is "Karryn's prison". Is the passive system in this game the same as the one I mentioned earlier? Purposefully lose to get them?

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Kind of new to this. The only game I played along the lines of this one is "Karryn's prison". Is the passive system in this game the same as the one I mentioned earlier? Purposefully lose to get them?
You don't necessarily have to lose, but it is like Karryn's Prison.

Enemies will sometimes grope/harass you, that raises that body part's corruption stat.
As it gets higher (which you can see in a dedicated menu) you'll get passives (which you can also see) and unlock sexual skills to use in combat while at the same time the sexual attacks on those body parts get more intense. Eventually you have a whole set of proper RPG skills, and a set of lewd skills you can use. You can win fights either by making the enemies cum (or letting them fap to you) or beating them up. This game's a less cumbersome Karryn's Prison in a way.

There's also at least one instance of a scene initiated by dialogue alone if you meet its requirements.

Reactions: dhklewdgamer

degenerateguy

Dec 28, 2019
Sariah Reclaimed’s identity, as a game, is heavily intwined with Karryn’s prison due to their “similarities” (I don’t know if it takes direct inspiration from KP). If they hope to begin standing on their own concepts they’ll first need to get those borrowed(?) concepts down pats, because as it stands neither parts of the game are particularly developed making the game out to be just some KP lite due to its immense shadow. Once this has been done their player base can fully enjoy their spin on KP’s style.

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
If you're purposely losing to get scenes in KP, you're probably playing the game wrong.

Reactions: audiohead666

degenerateguy

Dec 28, 2019
Don’t get me wrong, though. I quite enjoyed the experience Sariah Reclaimed offered and believe my criticism would make the game that much better.

Oct 12, 2018
Sariah Reclaimed’s identity, as a game, is heavily intwined with Karryn’s prison due to their “similarities” (I don’t know if it takes direct inspiration from KP). If they hope to begin standing on their own concepts they’ll first need to get those borrowed(?) concepts down pats, because as it stands neither parts of the game are particularly developed making the game out to be just some KP lite due to its immense shadow. Once this has been done their player base can fully enjoy their spin on KP’s style.
Naturally of course, though can definitely say for how young the game is and the general direction of updates has me pretty confident about this one turning out to be pretty good, if not potentially great, if you enjoy the Karryn's Prison style of game of course.

Also really do like the general art aesthetic for the game, never played it but definitely takes some inspiration it feels from LISA which is pretty cool in its own right. All in all, if there's going to be any game to use as inspiration and to borrow some ideas from, Karryn's Prison is definitely one of the best to do so imo, especially given just how little games like it actually exist, or have even begun to crop up. Only other I can think of is Light Space Love, which is another I'm looking forward to as well. Lots of potential with the gameplay mechanics/concepts found in KP's to say the least.

Scavedro

Sep 28, 2017
Don’t get me wrong, though. I quite enjoyed the experience Sariah Reclaimed offered and believe my criticism would make the game that much better.
How exactly your "criticism " would make game better? You basically saying devs need to drop all mechanics and completely remade game
Obviously game take heavy inspiration from KP so what, its already looks unique and have its own personality
Honestly if this one ever going to be finished it has big chance to be much better than KP, especially since now KP devs stop giving fuck, it still have a long way to go through.

Unit 2 Type B

Aug 21, 2019
Sariah Reclaimed’s identity, as a game, is heavily intwined with Karryn’s prison due to their “similarities” (I don’t know if it takes direct inspiration from KP).
Karryn's Prison wasn't the first female protagonist rpgm to have a corruption mechanic (if those are the "similarities" you're referring to. I'm just guessing, so correct me if I'm mistaken.) As for it's identity, I think SR's art-style alone is something to set it apart from your typical rpgm

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
So, at a certain point, I stopped taking any pleasure damage from enemies. I wasn't even using the cheat system or anything(due to it is easy to farm battle scenes with initiate skills.) Which made it impossible for any defeat CGs due to you having to have a pleasure trigger to lower the willpower. Even if you lower willpower down to zero with skills, it still wouldn't trigger defeat scene CG due to Pleasure not triggering an orgasm to make it an official 'willpower' lost.

I dunno if something got bugged along the way or if I over level or if even 'defend' triggered future loss of pleasure gained from most enemies. Not even sure if there is an instantly lose item already in the game to counter this current issue.

Reactions: faker159

faker159

May 6, 2017
So, at a certain point, I stopped taking any pleasure damage from enemies. I wasn't even using the cheat system or anything(due to it is easy to farm battle scenes with initiate skills.) Which made it impossible for any defeat CGs due to you having to have a pleasure trigger to lower the willpower. Even if you lower willpower down to zero with skills, it still wouldn't trigger defeat scene CG due to Pleasure not triggering an orgasm to make it an official 'willpower' lost.

I dunno if something got bugged along the way or if I over level or if even 'defend' triggered future loss of pleasure gained from most enemies. Not even sure if there is an instantly lose item already in the game to counter this current issue.
i got the same problem like you man

Velminth

Game Developer
Apr 8, 2021

Yea the current balancing is whacked the fuck out, pretty much had the Armor and Resistance values switched around so now I'm rebalancing all the encounters.

Sinbath

Aug 21, 2021
this is a lovely game with an art done by a developer who has had a consistent art style since day one. A promising game indeed

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes