VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

NitrogeniuM

Jan 31, 2018
Nah man the FMC is too pretty to be a part of an HGame xd different clothing pieces would be very cool for this game

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
The art alone has me interested here, and Saria is a very great design. Barely played thus far, but I like her so far. Really do hope you keep this one going! The side scrolling bit took a little to get used to, but I'm game for it still.

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
Playing some more, it seems you can't actually lose. Saria can run out of Stamina or Willpower, but nothing really happens. There does seem to be a CG of her nude, and people pointing at her but it only shows up sometimes. Most of the lewd content seems to just be text-based at the moment, which isn't bad but seems to be not the intention, maybe?

Still, there's some good content here in terms of the art and the writing thus far. The battles just seem a bit wonky at the moment.

Perine

Nov 28, 2021
Oh man the same system than Lisa and similar enviorement give me such good vibes, coming from a good place right into degenerancy, such a promising game, looking foward to it! (hoping is not just a bait game :HideThePain:)

L4r90

Jul 5, 2017
I've played with a save editor and figured out that;
- the max level is 80
- other than the base items you find within the first couple of maps there literally nothing to found yet.
- The only 'special' CGs are for the fat guy in the tent and the wolf on the 3rd map (not counting the caves) and they don't respawn when resting - so if you missed those events, you'll have to start a new save...
- Maxing all skills is also not possible
- all of the secondary skills seem useless, since you'll get fucked into submission once you get raped without a way out either way. The only exception might be the restore MIND skills in between fights to not start in a desperate state.

Killing NPCs also doesn't do anything other than potentially screw up quests in future updates, since two offer a mini-quest (trade in a gland/ water for buff items) and one becomes a shop; no idea if future content is planned for the others yet

Combat for now plays itself basically... once you hit 0 and start to get harassed you'll auto-win everything once the opponent ejacts (is this a word?) out of the fight. The auto-function in this case is a very welcome feature to skip through the text since there are no cutins (other than verbal slut shaming) yet.

So for now; 7/10 because I love the art style and idea, but there's next to no real content yet and the battle rape is unbalanced at best.

Ritsujin

May 30, 2018
I love Saria.

Alright, enough, to the point.
This game needs quite a bit of polishing, it seems.
No idea, if the dev reads these comments, but eh.
So, not much going on, as of now, but it's just 0.1.2 now, so let's skip that.
The willpower system kinda sucks, if you get into a fight with 0, regardless, if the enemy is cool, they're just gonna whip it out and bang Saria.
No fanfares about popping her cherry, it seems.
A temporary fix would be to make willpower recover after the fight, like stamina does.
But the full solution would be, that the sex attacks should work only after a grapple, that we could have a chance to escape.
Like, a bit of stamina for RNG, or lots for a guaranteed shake off.
But also, yeah, why would they go dicks aswinging, if they're cool [not horny]?
Also Saria getting horny is kinda jank?
Seems it's based on willpower for now, not on moves from enemies.
Enemies could do some light teasing until she's stripped, strips - for some reason - or the important spots are uncovered, like they do with talking as of now.
In the full nelson scene with the tent guy she talks to him, so reactions from her to the lewd attacks would be nice, too.
Of course, no sex art with regular enemies for now, so that'd be great, but again, a matter of time, no?
As for battling itself, they're a bit unfair, 1v5 at times and we get 1 turn?
Most of the time, we just get knocked and, welp.
One time you can regen stamina, sure, but emotion is also limited.
If you buff up, it's not an issue, slashing hoes left and right, but early game, you'll just get the dick.
Either a turn system, like in KP, or changing the amount of enemies we get early on.
Story-wise, not much going on, either, just keep going right and fighting the guys, I guess.
Quest system, perhaps.

A break from all this bitching, UI is hella clean, gameplay isn't some copy and paste RPGM trash, kinda works like a side-scroller, but it's all about perspective.

More bitching, heh.
Interacting with people is kinda jank.
You have to talk to them from the square next to them, you can't talk to them when standing on them, but that's eh, not too important.
But with the flame spirte, that gives items you have to do the same.
No idea why a flame drops shit for you, but eh, not that important.

I think that's everything for now, maybe some stuff was remade in 1.2, didn't check.
@ me and I'll cross it out.

Ending note: Basing the systems pretty much on KP, since that seems to be the inspiration, but the dev could still make it original in their own way.
I just hope this game doesn't get abandoned, would be a real shame to lose this potential.
And Saria, obviously, can fawn over her all day.
That is it, mates, if you read it, cheers, let me know, if you agree, or if you don't.
Throw your own ideas out there, friends, plenty of devs take inspiration from random ideas thrown out there.
Good to have others' perspective, I'd say.

Oh yeah, little side thing, a pic to show the issue.
Just some writing mistakes, heh.
Screenshot 2022-04-17 114710.png

EDIT: OH YEAH I FORGOT.
Would be nice to at least have a countdown for when the guy's gonna nut, maybe even shorten it a bit, otherwise all we can do is just spam skip turn.
Also, escaping the small fry enemies should be possible, no real reason not to, eh?
EDIT2: Another thing, although I see torn clothes in the preview pics, normal attacks don't seem to tear her clothes and I haven't noticed anyone use any special skills to do so. Lotsa possibilities.

Last edited:

n3k0d3v

Dec 5, 2017
Unofficial Linux version 0.1.2
NWJS version 0.63.0

This is just a prepackaged game with nwjs, the intention is to work on linux since not everybody uses mainstream OS..
Tested and works on my pc with openSUSE distro
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Velminth is this alright with you?

Neo Nocturne

Aug 13, 2019
I love Saria.

The willpower system kinda sucks, if you get into a fight with 0, regardless, if the enemy is cool, they're just gonna whip it out and bang Saria.
A temporary fix would be to make willpower recover after the fight, like stamina does.
But the full solution would be, that the sex attacks should work only after a grapple, that we could have a chance to escape.
Enemies could do some light teasing until she's stripped, strips - for some reason - or the important spots are uncovered, like they do with talking as of now.
In the full nelson scene with the tent guy she talks to him, so reactions from her to the lewd attacks would be nice, too.
Of course, no sex art with regular enemies for now, so that'd be great, but again, a matter of time, no?
If you buff up, it's not an issue, slashing hoes left and right, but early game, you'll just get the dick.
Either a turn system, like in KP, or changing the amount of enemies we get early on.
Story-wise, not much going on, either, just keep going right and fighting the guys, I guess.
Quest system, perhaps.

A break from all this bitching, UI is hella clean, gameplay isn't some copy and paste RPGM trash, kinda works like a side-scroller, but it's all about perspective.

More bitching, heh.
You have to talk to them from the square next to them, you can't talk to them when standing on them, but that's eh, not too important.

I think that's everything for now, maybe some stuff was remade in 1.2, didn't check.

Ending note: Basing the systems pretty much on KP, since that seems to be the inspiration, but the dev could still make it original in their own way.
I just hope this game doesn't get abandoned, would be a real shame to lose this potential.
That is it, mates, if you read it, cheers, let me know, if you agree, or if you don't.
Throw your own ideas out there, friends, plenty of devs take inspiration from random ideas thrown out there.

View attachment 1761883

Would be nice to at least have a countdown for when the guy's gonna nut, maybe even shorten it a bit, otherwise all we can do is just spam skip turn.
Also, escaping the small fry enemies should be possible, no real reason not to, eh?
EDIT2: Another thing, although I see torn clothes in the preview pics, normal attacks don't seem to tear her clothes and I haven't noticed anyone use any special skills to do so. Lotsa possibilities.
Nice. I was going to write something that long, but guess it's done.

Just some followups apart from everything said (this is not a direct reply, just recognizing the effort there).

A little reminder for everyone else before I say anything else:
The game has potentials, real. But there are things to be fixed fast and hard before everyone jumps on the hype train. DON'T OVERHYPE the game and start raining tons of ideas all at once.
We all are excited about new projects, but giving tons of pressures and demands to the creator in the early stage...Hate to say it, those might derail the original project.

For those who are looking forward to the arts, just hold on for a few months.

To the developer:
Take your time. I really see tons of things to be fixed and balanced at this point even if the game shows potentials. I will come back probably a few patches later and point out everything I have taken notes then, so figure out the issues and continue your original project. BTW, could you give a list of controls? I know Q can change between tabs in Items, are there other keys that do something? (W doesn't change the tabs tho...)

Difference between SR & KP:
While everyone sees the similarities from Karryn's Prison, it seems that they do forget one thing: Edict Points are given daily; Inspiration Points are Lvl based. In Saria Reclaim, you can grind your way eventually with little restrictions. In KP, you don't unlock every branches just by grinding EXP, there are passives and requirements for each node. There are hard caps and soft caps in KP.

SR is probably another game on the watchlist, but I will just wait for a few more patches before I finalize that decision.

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
I love Saria.

Quest system, perhaps.

More bitching, heh.

View attachment 1761883

I have seen Saria's clothing get torn in combat once, actually. It might have its own kind of HP threshold? It seems to be pretty high if so, and likely is only 'damaged' by Stamina damaging attacks.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Wow, according to the screenshots, the game looks very interesting.
I will return to this project in a couple of years

Velminth

Game Developer
Apr 8, 2021
Eya boios, no worries, I do lurk here all the time and read what you post and whether you kinda like it so far or not I'm glad you are giving it a whirl.
All critiques all welcome and I do take them into consideration, it's important going forwards with balancing how fast corruption goes and if you feel some battles are just straight fucked difficult.

If you are more interested in where things are headed there is a general, rough roadmap :

And as of where it's not headed, on the off-chance I piss people off :
At the end of the day it's a passion project, I appreciate the support but I assume it is netted for liking the direction of the game as of now, not the idea that it will be influenced the more you pay.
I don't want to play pokemon gacha with fetishes.
So no futa/scat/peeing on x/pregnancy/inflation/amputations/ear-hole fucking art is on the menu.
If you want something specific there are plenty games where those themes are integral parts, with mechanics and specific art. This is a game for chocolate muscle girls getting fucked by minotaurs after a rough night in the glory hole.

*Linux port question*
That's completely alright, I can't test on a Linux or mobile so I probably won't touch those kind of ports myself for at least a good while.
That said, regardless of concept, if you want to make game or art edits feel free to.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes