VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

kickbut622

Jan 17, 2022
As far as combat difficulty goes, I think it only feels easy because of how short the game and the isolated nature of each fight. Willpower and Stamina reset each time. Because of this you're never in any danger of getting knocked down, so you'll almost never lose your clothes unless you do so intentionally meaning less horny enemies to increase your corruption. I'd be interested in seeing how the game plays if you didn't refill your stamina or willpower at the end of every fight.

SheinBein

Dec 8, 2019
As far as combat difficulty goes, I think it only feels easy because of how short the game and the isolated nature of each fight. Willpower and Stamina reset each time. Because of this you're never in any danger of getting knocked down, so you'll almost never lose your clothes unless you do so intentionally meaning less horny enemies to increase your corruption. I'd be interested in seeing how the game plays if you didn't refill your stamina or willpower at the end of every fight.
True. The current mechanics are generally fine if the rest of the game were to orient around resource management while "out on missions" away from safe havens.
Mostly I just hope "skill-based combat" will not be reaction-based.
Something like, say, Undercover Agent having a card system is neat since it's about skill at the mechanics and strategies adapted to each foe, but you can take your time when choosing what to do, and there's nothing to have to have reflexes for where enemy actions are concerned.
And most H-game players will probably prefer to be able to play H-games one-handed whenever possible, ya know.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
True. The current mechanics are generally fine if the rest of the game were to orient around resource management while "out on missions" away from safe havens.
Mostly I just hope "skill-based combat" will not be reaction-based.
Something like, say, Undercover Agent having a card system is neat since it's about skill at the mechanics and strategies adapted to each foe, but you can take your time when choosing what to do, and there's nothing to have to have reflexes for where enemy actions are concerned.
And most H-game players will probably prefer to be able to play H-games one-handed whenever possible, ya know.
As much as I love deck builders, I think they would be even harder to balance. I think there's maybe two deck builder games on this site I'd actually recommend while the others are like diet Spire. TF Card Battle is probably the best one I've played, but I don't think its style is adaptable for this game.

Reactions: zen4yalp

Bask-0a

Formerly 'Chetti'
Nov 19, 2020
How do I get sex scenes and corruption here? first time I played this I got no sex scenes because I played to win all the battles, second time I played it took me 3 hours playing and got no corruption, stalling the battle to get cared resulted in nothing but that, caresing and the guys touching boobs, like, what do I have to do to not spend 3 hours waiting for her to get wet?

Reactions: drone4of2

Edebernd

Mar 22, 2019
Since Karryns Prison is by far one of my most favorite games, I really love this game because of some similar features. Hope the development will move on until the end. I guess reaching the Snake lady in that city part is as far as I an get now?

Edebernd

Mar 22, 2019
How do I get sex scenes and corruption here? first time I played this I got no sex scenes because I played to win all the battles, second time I played it took me 3 hours playing and got no corruption, stalling the battle to get cared resulted in nothing but that, caresing and the guys touching boobs, like, what do I have to do to not spend 3 hours waiting for her to get wet?
Basically similar as it is in Karryn's prison. It takes time in the beginning. But after a while you get the first lewd options. Do them often and you get more on those pfefered body parts. So corruption starts slowly, but it gets quicker after pretty much every orgasm.

SheinBein

Dec 8, 2019
As much as I love deck builders, I think they would be even harder to balance. I think there's maybe two deck builder games on this site I'd actually recommend while the others are like diet Spire. TF Card Battle is probably the best one I've played, but I don't think its style is adaptable for this game.
A deck builder was just an example of something not based on reaction skill.
But I also think a deck builder has a lot of potential since the game seems to want to differentiate between a combat and "slut" approach to solving problems.
I can imagine seeing getting access to "lewd" cards based on stuff like corruption level and having been defeated and defiled, while combat cards can be obtained through successful combat with bosses and such.
And then quests could potentially reward you with cards based on lewdness, combat, or utility, based on whatever quest it is and factors like corruption level.
Then you'd also have a lot of option for "hybrid" builds that work great for various characterization based on how you've progressed, such as the classic "strict female knight, but reluctantly lewd" and so on and so forth.
That's just throwing various loose ideas out there, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: zen4yalp

whamos_olrac

Mar 17, 2022
Is this game insanely laggy for anyone else? So slow I almost can't play it. Is there some option in the menu I missed that can help with that?
Laggy on my end as well, but on a tolerable level.

Sadly I know nothing about an in-game option that can mitigate this issue. Perhaps it has something to do with our PC's hardware/components?

Reactions: Eprofesy

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
A deck builder was just an example of something not based on reaction skill.
But I also think a deck builder has a lot of potential since the game seems to want to differentiate between a combat and "slut" approach to solving problems.
I can imagine seeing getting access to "lewd" cards based on stuff like corruption level and having been defeated and defiled, while combat cards can be obtained through successful combat with bosses and such.
And then quests could potentially reward you with cards based on lewdness, combat, or utility, based on whatever quest it is and factors like corruption level.
Then you'd also have a lot of option for "hybrid" builds that work great for various characterization based on how you've progressed, such as the classic "strict female knight, but reluctantly lewd" and so on and so forth.
That's just throwing various loose ideas out there, though.
I feel like it's easier to apply the philosophy of deck building to regular turn-based combat than to actually make a deck builder. Like most of the deck builders I've played on this site end up either being mediocre as hell or only have one viable playstyle.

I feel like the most important thing when designing a deck builder is how each card synergize with other cards. You don't want them so powerful that every build relies on it, but you also don't want them to be so niche or situational that it's safer/more practical to go for alternatives. But even if the cards themselves make sense, the ability to repeat fights and farm cards/other resources would also throw off the game's balance. It doesn't solve the issue of powercreep the dev is trying to rectify. On top of that, the enemy AI/moveset has to reasonably account for these different playstyles in such a way that you can't just cheese every fight using the same exact strat. And that's not considering that it's very hard to get a novel experience by mimicking the styles that already exist, but it's even harder coming up with something entirely new. If you build it like Slay the Spire, people will just compare it to Slay the Spire, which is a high fucking standard.

I mentioned beat em ups as a possible alternative because they tend to be very flexible. You can have maps be pretty much straight lines like ErisDysnomia or platformers like Succubus Affection.

Of course it also has its own drawbacks and challenges, like adapting the sprites and artstyle for that format and getting the hitboxes/responsiveness to button presses to actually work in a sensible way, but I would think that it's more sensible than coming up with like 50+ different cards, figure out how to program them to work, and then figuring out how to keep your player engaged for the entirety of the game. Like I recently played Is It Wrong to Repay the Debt in a Dungeon?, and it looks like it has decent production value, but I couldn't make it to the end due to how repetitive everything felt.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
For anyone experiencing slow-downs after using the cheats menu: if you used anything other than god mode, skill usage and consume items that will be the main cause.

I find if I ONLY use those 3 cheats the game doesn't lag.

The main toggle for the cheats menu does warn about potentially nuking your saves, so... if you're lagging badly, you've most likely nuked it.

Oct 2, 2018
For anyone experiencing slow-downs after using the cheats menu: if you used anything other than god mode, skill usage and consume items that will be the main cause.

I find if I ONLY use those 3 cheats the game doesn't lag.

The main toggle for the cheats menu does warn about potentially nuking your saves, so... if you're lagging badly, you've most likely nuked it.
slowdowns do happens even without using cheats, yeah i felt the lag after getting a lot of passives but it was still "playable"
if i know the game's code i would probably run a profiler and checks if there's a script/function that's looping/running every frame or there's a lot of script runs at x frame

Reactions: Eprofesy

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
slowdowns do happens even without using cheats, yeah i felt the lag after getting a lot of passives but it was still "playable"
if i know the game's code i would probably run a profiler and checks if there's a script/function that's looping/running every frame or there's a lot of script runs at x frame
Those slowdowns are expected, I'm talking about the ones specifically to-do with using cheats (they'll even affect the battle scenes)

Using the latest stable version of NW.js helps a little with the normal slowdowns, but mileage will vary between different machines.

Matt3642

Sep 4, 2017
Okay...not sure if this has been asked before.. but is there a way to seperate the voice acted (her speaking) parts in the volume menu i find that its too quiet compared to the "other" sounds but cant find a way to turn it up seperatly.

Other than this it has the makings of a good game (afew things could use tweaking).

Keep up the good work :)

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes