RPGM Sasha's Story - Culture Shock [v0.2.4c] [fazthestampede]

4.60 star(s) 12 Votes

mlkey

Oct 4, 2018
why even have 4 different tiers for a game that takes 6 months in between updates :WaitWhat:

(Tiny updates too.)

Reactions: destus

mlkey

Oct 4, 2018
for the same reason people do anything: money.

I call it scam, they call it "marketing strategy" thanks to the fact that some people are willing to pay to get a game earlier than others.
i mean i get it but if atleast the updates were consistent and bigger in size. And theres no reason for there to be more than 1 tier. I agree with you, these devs are just scammers, every 6 months they add like 1 scene and rack in the money. Oh well. a fool and his money.. ~

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
i mean i get it but if atleast the updates were consistent and bigger in size. And theres no reason for there to be more than 1 tier. I agree with you, these devs are just scammers, every 6 months they add like 1 scene and rack in the money. Oh well. a fool and his money.. ~
i mean, if you ask me, they're smart, like magicians in real life: the trick is right in front of you, but you still fall for it.

Devs are showing their deal, and how "against you" such deal is, but if you pay them anyway, you're either in love/simping or stupid

(PS: i'm using the generic you as "you guys who pay for such things")

taboo22

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
i mean, if you ask me, they're smart, like magicians in real life: the trick is right in front of you, but you still fall for it.

Devs are showing their deal, and how "against you" such deal is, but if you pay them anyway, you're either in love/simping or stupid

(PS: i'm using the generic you as "you guys who pay for such things")
You all are vastly underestimating how much time and energy goes into these updates. Faz is just one person doing the RPG Maker coding and all the Honey Select graphics. A single scene can take a week or more to do, and that's if you work on it every night. Lets all just be thankful that he works his normal job (I assume) and then spends his nights and weekends creating awesome content for us.

mlkey

Oct 4, 2018
You all are vastly underestimating how much time and energy goes into these updates. Faz is just one person doing the RPG Maker coding and all the Honey Select graphics. A single scene can take a week or more to do, and that's if you work on it every night. Lets all just be thankful that he works his normal job (I assume) and then spends his nights and weekends creating awesome content for us.
right.. update went from v0.2.2c to v0.2.2b
lol

fazthestampede

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
mlkey Demoness_Kiss :coffee:
Heyo, I understand the frustration of waiting for independent H-games' development that feel like ages. Only a handful of H-devs (perhaps fewer than 4 in this niche) that could consistently deliver updates with short intervals. I must agree that I haven't been among the faster ones.

Furthermore, I empathize your situation as I was once also a very loyal H-game player. To be frank, I was also significantly bothered by the wait between updates of their games, especially the ones that I really adored & wanted to see how the exhibitionism gameplay/scene play out. Plus, the fact that several devs can even take 7 months or a year to update had always confused the hell out of me... until I became a dev myself. Turns out, it's an entirely uncharted world. The struggles and obstacles "behind the scenes" cannot be explained unless one experiences themselves. Hell, I even thought I could update once every two weeks when I started this :).

I don't mind if you call this project a scam, illusion, or a trickery in marketing, because it is my job to take it as a form or constructive criticism so that I can be motivated to update faster & really see the game finished. In conclusion, one thing is for certain, making a decent H-rpg requires tenacity and discipline which I'm still trying to reach due to having a small family and a 9-5 job. However, it isn't an excuse. So, come join my discord server and we can talk more about this "phenomenon" there, if you want to. Or DM me. :coffee: Have a great day, thanks for reading this high school essay.:BootyTime:

Last edited:

fazthestampede

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
Taboo, thank you. You've always been my sexy lady. I love Devin so much :oops:

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
I agree with taboo22.

Laymen think that programming is simply: telling the computer what to do, much like it happens with the Star Trek computers. But first, the progression of the game needs to be created; the story that is to be played, then the artwork needs to be created, perhaps new fields need to be designed and encoded. Then it needs to be designed how the computer is to do that (which instructions are to be executed at which moments). Then it needs to be entered into the listing, and then comes a long and tedious part where the programmer needs to find out why the listing doesn't do what it should do. It happens next to never that a listing works instantly; there is so much that can go wrong in the encoding stage. A program will do everything in its power to misunderstand its creator, so it all needs to be mathematically solid. That can be a very labor-intensive job which, in the worst case, may take several weeks, but only rarely less than an entire day.

And none of the steps I mentioned are things that one can do in a minute or even an hour.

Culture Shock always shows that a lot of attention and care is invested in it. Please do not think lightly of the, painstaking at times, effort was invested in it.

And through all that, the man has its daytime job, and a social life to live.

Grant him a break plz!

Last edited:

fazthestampede

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
GAME UPDATE
Sasha's Story -Culture Shock [V.0.2.3d]

[V.0.2.3a] CHANGELOG
  • added gathering scene
  • added post gathering scene
  • added Ana's book scene (animated)
  • added PC scene (introducing new gameplay)
  • added Kiki scene (introducing new gameplay)
  • training with Rama ((introducing new gameplay -animated)
  • added daily peeing in chief's toilet
  • added daily taking a bath in chief's toilet
  • added daily peeing in green inferno
  • added more Sound effects and BGMs
  • added singular panning animation in Sasha's diary
  • added prototype cheat system in diary
  • fish seller now sells & buys fish in the market in the evenings
  • fruit seller now sells & buys fruit & veggies in the market in the mornings
  • updated main title BGM
  • improved map ratio
  • Sasha now can be tired
  • Every significant event affects the daylight system
  • fixed Sasha's diary
  • fixed Dann scene bug that happens in the evening
  • fixed soft-lock on rooftop while wearing kemben
  • fixed map sizes for a more natural camera movement
[V.0.2.3b] CHANGELOG
  • fixed bug after last PC activity where the music changes to night despite being day
  • fixed fruit seller bug where the screen goes black (thanks to Riggoth & Jasmeria)
  • fixed incorrect apple display (thanks to Jasmeria)
  • fixed the "Mutual Issue" bug in recollection room (thanks to Riggoth)
  • fixed extended music bug every time from researching via PC
  • added Ana's book scene to Sasha's diary
  • added Kiki 1st Wishlist scene to Sasha's diary
[V.0.2.3c] CHANGELOG :
  • Fixed spelling errors and punctuations
  • Fixed the bug where Kiki doesn't appear while picking apples from tree
  • Fixed the bug where day and evening get mixed under specific triggers
  • updated walkthrough on google doc
  • created walkthrough with notepad
[V.0.2.3d] CHANGELOG :
  • Added balloon to help guide players to shop at Kiki's x-banner (thanks to JSG)
  • Fixed the fish seller option bug (thanks to Rika)
  • Fixed the Kiki dialogue bug at "about bra" (thanks to Rika)

fazthestampede

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2017
SIMPLE WALKTHROUGH ✍
  1. Load save file 3 (not 9)
  2. Enter Chief's bathroom -enjoy the cutscenes
  3. Find your way to accomplish all activities from 4 subjects: Rama, Ana's book, PC (research), and Kiki
  4. Rama only appears in the mornings at Dann's house
  5. Ana's book is only readable at night
  6. PC can be accessed anytime (but with internet data)
  7. Kiki only appears in the evenings
  8. Once you've finished them all, a pop up will appear
The update has an approximately 30-60 minute gameplay :)

M0ckingB1rd

Aug 5, 2016
I really enjoy this game so far, looking forward to trying the new update.

But from an outsiders perspective the biggest problem so far (considering a quick background check) is that you seem to be an artist first and a developer second, which is apparently slowing you down with all the technical shenanigans. Maybe in the future you can split up the work to focus on your strenght. (No disrespect) But if the current way is the one you want to continue I wish you all the best and swift learning experience for future projects.

Btw. Is your language from a few posts prior some kind of indonesian? My translator is dying halfway through. :ROFLMAO: (just curious)

4.60 star(s) 12 Votes