Others Completed Saving Sister: Part 1 [v1.5.3] [ArniiGames]

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
Unless I missed something, the inability to save and/or skip is very bad for the game experience. I failed somewhere during the game and I just didn't want to start a new one because of the slow animations, minigames and dialogues that I had to go through again. It's a shame because I like the story and the characters, but I just don't have the time to restart over every time I mess up.

Also, one thing that could be added for a better experience is to put the name under or over the girls in the menu screen. When I had to make choices for the show, I couldn't remember who was who.
Thanks for the feedback, all appreciated. This game does have a ‘continue’ function whereby if you stop playing you will be able to continue from the last scene you were playing. This is a port of a browser game, and a first attempt at doing this, so i suspect the continue mechanism isn’t working (there certainly seems to be some issues with the French version anyway). Expect an update soon. In terms of a save feature, this works better on a offline game - so if I bring in my back catalog I may invest some time to add this feature.

Reactions: Sopra

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
Some feedback, if the Dev will be reading stuff here:

1. Transitions, text, and interactives need to be a bit faster. Not sure if it is potentially a limit of the engine choice, but the fades felt like they occured too often and were slow.

2. I imagine this is a limitation on the engine itself, but there needs to be an ability to adjust the screen size. Even setting it to "full screen" via F11 only makes the window border stretch, not the actual game.

3. Most common advice I give to most devs on this site: Have a gallery. You will gain a LOT of eyes just by having one. Not a BIG gripe since this is your first attempt, but definitely try to plan for one in the future.

On the plus side, the characters all have a unique look which is great (I hate when games have characters that almost look identical...). Your animations improve drastically after the initial titjob scene as well.
Thanks for the feedback. Particularly about the gallery - I’m fairly new to F95, so is there a specific thread of forum for this? I have several years worth of images I can post. The screen size I will add that option in an update - it will reduce image quality - but there is a trade-off here between animation quality and frame size. Speed of the speech bubble is something I intend to have in the future - I built the game engine myself so I can add what I want, it just takes time and testing to get right.

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
is it made with virt-a-mate ?
No, this is made with a JS framework called Phaser, which is a 2D game engine. This handles the OpenGL component, sprites images etc. On top of this I have built the logic engine that handles the game mechanics.

• Wow
Reactions: _NAMELESS_

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
I have the same problem, but the game say "continuer"
I’ll need to look into this, as this is the first attempt at making this game work offline I think there may be something in this process that is not working.

Reactions: Sebd3378

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
Why not just keep updating the game instead of releasing small parts? Doesn't seem very efficient.
The episode format make more sense as a browser game (which all my games are up until now), both in terms of a) browsers lacking a good way to save game data locally (you can use cookies or local browser storage, neither ideal) or b) marketing and getting traffic. If I go down the route of offline then I think the approach you mention may be better. What I may do is combine the episodes for the offline version. Going offline is new for me, so I still need to figure out what the best approach is.

Reactions: dork187
Jan 18, 2021
Thanks for the feedback. Particularly about the gallery - I’m fairly new to F95, so is there a specific thread of forum for this? I have several years worth of images I can post. The screen size I will add that option in an update - it will reduce image quality - but there is a trade-off here between animation quality and frame size. Speed of the speech bubble is something I intend to have in the future - I built the game engine myself so I can add what I want, it just takes time and testing to get right.
Not sure about a specific forum for a gallery, but in general for adult games it is usually a big positive for a game to have the ability to re-watch adult scenes that players have already accessed/seen.

Now that may not be the case for EVERYONE, but I would bet money that the vast majority like a scene replay/gallery.

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
Not sure about a specific forum for a gallery, but in general for adult games it is usually a big positive for a game to have the ability to re-watch adult scenes that players have already accessed/seen.

Now that may not be the case for EVERYONE, but I would bet money that the vast majority like a scene replay/gallery.
Ah, ok I get it. I am working on a scene replay feature. Doesn’t quite work how I want it yet, possibly something I’ll have ready for episode 3. Appreciate the pointers.

Reactions: dork187
Dec 30, 2017
The game went blank after clicking "faster" by 2 times, I tried many times and the game always starts from the beginning. No resume and save option. its got blank after few clicks. Please provide a solution. Also, it's not a good port of an HTML VN game. Only background music is nice.

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
The game went blank after clicking "faster" by 2 times, I tried many times and the game always starts from the beginning. No resume and save option. its got blank after few clicks. Please provide a solution. Also, it's not a good port of an HTML VN game. Only background music is nice.
Hi, sorry to hear this. I am planning an update soon, this may (or may not) fix the issue. I suggest you keep an eye out for the update and if possible let me know if it is fixed or not.

Reactions: Shubhanshu Chauhan