Others Completed Saving Sister: Part 1 [v1.5.3] [ArniiGames]

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Personally I'd rather renpy [or sugar cube/twine for browser based] and always offline.
There are a few instances where Unity works well, such as in "Love of Magic" but for a VN style I'd rather renpy.

I dislike transitions [always disable in renpy], slow text or being forced to wait through tedious animations.
I rarely bother waiting for most animation because generally they aren't that interesting [an example would be Sorcerer where the animation is truly horrible but the story is what really matters] and particularly since I mostly play on a 43" screen in 4k having 800x600 sized images means I'm not going to be sitting in awe of the picture quality while they play anyway.

Another thing on a non-technical point is that if this is just one part of the story then you should add the rest of the parts into this same thread to help with 'social momentum', generating and retaining people's interest, rather than calling each "part" complete in their own thread.
I'd drop the "complete" prefix until all the parts are here.
Again I'll use "Love of Magic" as an example, updates for 'book 2' are in the same thread/post as 'book 1' rather than having it's own new post, since it's all part of the same story

Now before anyone thinks I'm demanding anything, I'm not, its just feedback, its personal preference so any dev is free to pay it no mind.

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
Act 8 is bugged? Ruth is allways double in menu , one pass ower failure. Allways game over?
Hey, thanks for the bug report. It was due to a corrupted file. I just fixed and re-uploaded the Mega link with a patched up version that should work.

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
Personally I'd rather renpy [or sugar cube/twine for browser based] and always offline.
There are a few instances where Unity works well, such as in "Love of Magic" but for a VN style I'd rather renpy.

I dislike transitions [always disable in renpy], slow text or being forced to wait through tedious animations.
I rarely bother waiting for most animation because generally they aren't that interesting [an example would be Sorcerer where the animation is truly horrible but the story is what really matters] and particularly since I mostly play on a 43" screen in 4k having 800x600 sized images means I'm not going to be sitting in awe of the picture quality while they play anyway.

Another thing on a non-technical point is that if this is just one part of the story then you should add the rest of the parts into this same thread to help with 'social momentum', generating and retaining people's interest, rather than calling each "part" complete in their own thread.
I'd drop the "complete" prefix until all the parts are here.
Again I'll use "Love of Magic" as an example, updates for 'book 2' are in the same thread/post as 'book 1' rather than having it's own new post, since it's all part of the same story

Now before anyone thinks I'm demanding anything, I'm not, its just feedback, its personal preference so any dev is free to pay it no mind.
Thanks for the feedback. Always appreciate constructive comments.

One thing I would note is that a major part of my enjoyment in creating these games is building the game engine. I know its not perfect, but it's a major part of the satisfaction I get from making the games.

Another thing to consider is that the episodic nature of the games and the image resolutions is a legacy of the browser-based approach I adopted for reasons I now forget (although I think it was because I was inspired by Pusooy and a few others in this area). The browser games are where I get most of my followers from (being published on Gamcore and other sites).

I am only now thinking about transitioning from browser-based to offline. My plan is to continue developing the Saving Sister games as primarily a browser game (with these offline versions) then make a decision on whether to focus on offline games. I think one of the main reasons for doing this would be have much better resolution images.

But also, I am working on improving other aspects, like being able to control transition speeds - each episode I try to make improvements.

Reactions: dork187

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I am only now thinking about transitioning from browser-based to offline. My plan is to continue developing the Saving Sister games as primarily a browser game (with these offline versions) then make a decision on whether to focus on offline games. I think one of the main reasons for doing this would be have much better resolution images.
Just remember that there is a lot of browser games that are also offline [html and assets all local].
College Daze along with A Spell For All are 2 prime examples of an offline browser game that is also quite detailed/complex.
Now I know storing saves in browser cache isn't ideal but sugarcube/twine does offer the ability to make real save files too outside the browser and then load from them later.

Also to reiterate, the image quality is less of a concern or limiting factor if the story .etc can make up for it as long as at the same time the viewer isn't required to slog through animation or transitions [or slow text read-outs] that they'd rather skip through.

Again, not asking for or demanding anything, just giving feedback.

Reactions: dork187

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
Act 8 walktrough :
Alexa : perform
Kim : Organisation
Ruth : Info
Mandy : Studies
I got a game over for some reason. In Act 8 there are 2 'Ruths' on the popup whether they accept the roles or not. One has a check mark while the other doesn't. I have 6 relationship points for all girls. Is this supposed to be this way or did I mess up somewhere?

1631620588135.png

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
One of the uploads had a bad file in it. Try downloading from the Mega link and his should be fixed. Your save game should still work with the new download, but if it doesn’t let me know.

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
One of the uploads had a bad file in it. Try downloading from the Mega link and his should be fixed. Your save game should still work with the new download, but if it doesn’t let me know.
I actually downloaded from the Mega link.

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
Hmmm… possibly the link is cached . the other links are also updated you could try one of those . If you just want to play through the unlocked scene try typing FREEPASS on the title menu. If a dialog box opens type in 10 and you can play the final scene.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Hmmm… possibly the link is cached . the other links are also updated you could try one of those . If you just want to play through the unlocked scene try typing FREEPASS on the title menu. If a dialog box opens type in 10 and you can play the final scene.
Weell.... Wouldn't it be nice if that would work, buuut....
...the thing is...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good luck with the bugspray, you need it. :sneaky:

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
Weell.... Wouldn't it be nice if that would work, buuut....
...the thing is...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good luck with the bugspray, you need it. :sneaky:
Fair enough… it does on the web version I promise (not just messing with you). When I uploaded last night was all working. I’ll look into it and get a fix going.

Reactions: Penfold Mole