Ghostdanser

Jul 12, 2017
Not really much to add that hasn't been said. You have some really good visuals in this game and that is easily the strength of it at this time. The premise sounds good and gives you plenty of room to play with the plot as the story builds. I appreciate that English isn't your primary language, and quite frankly if I created a game and translated it into another language there is little doubt it would be much worse than what we have here. There were some nice touches of humor and I have to say I didn't see the end coming, so nice plot twist.

I think what I would like to see improved most is the banter with his partner. Their banter came off as crude and insulting, not playful, at points they almost sound like they hate each other. I look forward to seeing the next release and thanks for the game.

Reactions: Purple Fellas

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
As many have mentioned, the writing leaves a lot to be desired. It's not the Engrish that's the problem per se, more the tone and attitude that reflects back on the characters.

The use of expletives in practically every sentence, ("you fuck," "you whore") just comes of as nasty after a while. Couple this with the fact that MC refers to every character (other than the one he bangs), from the precinct's Sgt to the Donut Store owner, in a derogatory fashion every time he even thinks of them - and the MC comes off as an insufferable asshole whose issues and story arc I couldn't really care less about.

It's kind of a shame as, on a technical level, this game is good. Renders, especially the use of lighting, is superior in quality than almost any first time devs. Models are also well designed (tattoos are ok with me) but the characters are just too unlikable for me.

Purple Fellas

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2019
As many have mentioned, the writing leaves a lot to be desired. It's not the Engrish that's the problem per se, more the tone and attitude that reflects back on the characters.

The use of expletives in practically every sentence, ("you fuck," "you whore") just comes of as nasty after a while. Couple this with the fact that MC refers to every character (other than the one he bangs), from the precinct's Sgt to the Donut Store owner, in a derogatory fashion every time he even thinks of them - and the MC comes off as an insufferable asshole whose issues and story arc I couldn't really care less about.

It's kind of a shame as, on a technical level, this game is good. Renders, especially the use of lighting, is superior in quality than almost any first time devs. Models are also well designed (tattoos are ok with me) but the characters are just too unlikable for me.
You are absolutely right about tone of general writing and the way mc talks. We re-write those parts and changed the way mc talks to others. Starting with 0.2,we will be much more careful and try to write more natural and simple dialogs. Thank you so much for your comment

Purple Fellas

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2019
Not really much to add that hasn't been said. You have some really good visuals in this game and that is easily the strength of it at this time. The premise sounds good and gives you plenty of room to play with the plot as the story builds. I appreciate that English isn't your primary language, and quite frankly if I created a game and translated it into another language there is little doubt it would be much worse than what we have here. There were some nice touches of humor and I have to say I didn't see the end coming, so nice plot twist.

I think what I would like to see improved most is the banter with his partner. Their banter came off as crude and insulting, not playful, at points they almost sound like they hate each other. I look forward to seeing the next release and thanks for the game.
Thank you so much. Trying to be funny in other language is really hard and we might overdid some jokes and wrote some cringy offensive lines. We already changed lots of dialogs and planning to share 0.1b as soon as possible. Please always share your thoughts and suggestions with us and never hesitate to point out the mistakes you've found

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
got a peek at the revised game...our team at RobCo industries is working day and night to find better solutions ..due to allergies from hell..i wasnt able to concentrate well and get into the nitty gritty..but just by red eye stuffed nose glancing over it..the dev has done alot to address the issues...fortunately..we at RobCo put our topline Scotsman on the case so it should be awesome once its ready to try again..y'all should be happy...the dev cares..give him some in return.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
got a peek at the revised game...our team at RobCo industries is working day and night to find better solutions ..due to allergies from hell..i wasnt able to concentrate well and get into the nitty gritty..but just by red eye stuffed nose glancing over it..the dev has done alot to address the issues...fortunately..we at RobCo put our topline Scotsman on the case so it should be awesome once its ready to try again..y'all should be happy...the dev cares..give him some in return.
Based on the endorsement of the good fellows at Ronco, I'll give this a second chance

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Hi djkunn It's too early to answer that question right now. We haven't written that part of the story yet. Still, I think it will be in a way that won't spoil your enjoyment.
i think is pretty easy to reply, a yes or no is enough, im not into body swaping games ( if is only 1 or 2 scenes i may play it but if this is going to be that kind of game where you are always swaping to other mcs id rather pass)
i dont even play Betrayed from Joraell for that same motive and is a pretty amazing game with crazy good animations.

Reactions: damien_sensei

Purple Fellas

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2019
i think is pretty easy to reply, a yes or no is enough, im not into body swaping games ( if is only 1 or 2 scenes i may play it but if this is going to be that kind of game where you are always swaping to other mcs id rather pass)
i dont even play Betrayed from Joraell for that same motive and is a pretty amazing game with crazy good animations.
I understand much better now and I can say that it won't be like "Betrayed". Bodyswap will be a very small part of the story.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Savior v0.1b.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
So, I gave this another look with the u[date to 0.1b. I have to say it's better--it's less wordy and seems to get to the point more quickly. I still think the banter is a little overdone, but not to the point tht I felt the need to click through it without reading.

That being said, I'm not so sure about the plot. As a story, it's been set up that MC is extremely single minded and has been so since his father's disappearance. However, the first time we see him as a police officer he spends the day bantering with his partner, picking up doughnuts and hitting on a pretty girl with zero indication that he's doing any sort of investigation into his father's disappearance. That doesn't sound like the same character that was set up in the prologue.

There are a number of ways that I think you could fix this,at least in my opinion. Feel free to ignore all of this:

* You could still do the introduction to MC's new life by having his sergeant give him his orders and tell him to pick up doughnuts. However, you could dial down the banter between the MC and Allison or focus it so that it's more about his quest for answers than just general bullshit. If Allison has to draw him out and work to keep him friendly, I think it would better illustrate her attraction to the MC.

* Additionally, it would be better if Amber begged MC for a date and he reluctantly agreed, then found himself enjoying himself and realizing he needed to lighten up a little bit. To me, that simply makes more sense given the type of character that's been established as the MC.

I'm curious to see where this is going, so we'll see how things go moving forward.

Purple Fellas

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2019

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
Purple Fellas
I re-downloaded and gave it another go.
the language has definitely improved so that's a real plus as it now seems like a visual novel instead of a slideshow with writing, as that was how it seemed before.

one improvement I would make is adding an image of the family together at the start as introducing characters without visuals seems a little bland.

at the end the character '???' asks "who are you?" after already expressing about 'meeting this way'. that seems odd after they already implied that they already knew who the MC was.
also, the MC goes on a date in full uniform? that's odd.

these are just minor nit-picks in what is essentially a much improved and very good start to a visual novel. the visual side is good and now the writing is on par. it shows that you have the skills to create a good project. its a little early to make any assumption about the premise as there is still little to go on but time will tell....

its a promising start

Reactions: cebs

Purple Fellas

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2019
Purple Fellas
the language has definitely improved so that's a real plus as it now seems like a visual novel instead of a slideshow with writing, as that was how it seemed before.

one improvement I would make is adding an image of the family together at the start as introducing characters without visuals seems a little bland.

at the end the character '???' asks "who are you?" after already expressing about 'meeting this way'. that seems odd after they already implied that they already knew who the MC was.

these are just minor nit-picks in what is essentially a much improved and very good start to a visual novel. the visual side is good and now the writing is on par. it shows that you have the skills to create a good project. its a little early to make any assumption about the premise as there is still little to go on but time will tell....

its a promising start
Actually mc doesn't go on a date in full uniform, he only wears it during "full body search" scene :) And about the last scene. Mc has no idea who that person is but she knows everything about him. Thank you so much for giving us another chance and sharing your opinions. With 0.2 and 0.3 we will go a lot deeper with game's story and show you our original plans for mc and his future :)

Purple Fellas

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2019
Purple Fellas

its a promising start
About ??? Askin who are you part. It was supposed to be mc who asked to unknown person. Sorry about that, we will fix it as soon as possible.

3.80 star(s) 132 Votes