Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Okay, so will the rest of us ever get the true story arc, or will that stay patreon only for now?

Sep 12, 2017
This game is very repetitive where you +2 and +1 every day to get 10 points total to unlock an event for a character, and then do this times the amount of characters available, this is slightly less worse than turn based combat

Reactions: Imantiu and Yamemai

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Just finished playing and I like it a lot. The world in this game is kind of fucked up, since you can just enslave people if you have enough money but the fact that the dev seems to not be a fan of NTR or at the very least doesn't want it in this game is definitely a plus. The only criticisms I have right now are the length of the sex scenes, they seem a little too short, a couple of clicks and they are over, and the game feels a little bit grindy.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019
And the convo's are way over the scale they need to be and I just use the skip option now for them.
(This is the only game that I use the skip option on because of the overly winded convo's.)
Really? I've ran Ren'Py lint in 0.1.3, 0.1.4 and 0.1.5 versions, and they all have pretty much the same average of 5.9 words and 32 character per text block; With about 12k~16k extra words per update. (Not sure if it is worth comparing 0.1.2 to 0.1.3 as not only I no longer have 0.1.2 files, as the release schedule was different back then)

Lint cannot, obviously, stat if the event themselves got longer (eg. if the update had less events, or if one event was lengthier than the others), so it is biased as it treats the game as a huge kinetic novel. The sample is small (as there is not a lot of versions out there yet), so it might not be sufficiently accurate in terms of prediction.

I'll attach the lint stats below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Given your decision was not pontual for an specific event, odds are that nothing really changed (at least on dev's perspective), but perhaps (probably) the game did not manage to hold enough of your attention and hence, you decided to skip.

Hypothesis as to why this happened are an exercise to the reader and not covered in this post.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Really? I've ran Ren'Py lint in 0.1.3, 0.1.4 and 0.1.5 versions, and they all have pretty much the same average of 5.9 words and 32 character per text block; With about 12k~16k extra words per update. (Not sure if it is worth comparing 0.1.2 to 0.1.3 as not only I no longer have 0.1.2 files, as the release schedule was different back then)

Lint cannot, obviously, stat if the event themselves got longer (eg. if the update had less events, or if one event was lengthier than the others), so it is biased as it treats the game as a huge kinetic novel. The sample is small (as there is not a lot of versions out there yet), so it might not be sufficiently accurate in terms of prediction.

I'll attach the lint stats below.

Given your decision was not pontual for an specific event, odds are that nothing really changed (at least on dev's perspective), but perhaps (probably) the game did not manage to hold enough of your attention and hence, you decided to skip.

Hypothesis as to why this happened are an exercise to the reader and not covered in this post.
14 screens of 1 convo where 2-3 would have done the trick and that was only 1 of the very long convo's that really said nothing of worth.

You start reading and thinking it would end in 2 to maybe 4 screens but no it goes on and on and on without really saying anything that was worth all that time to read.

The game started out great but after all these convo's that were taking way to long to get to the point where 2-3 screens would have done it, it became a chore to read.

Then after all that junk you get cock blocked by a hammer and your sister blackmails you.
Like other have said, the sex scenes are very short and few and far between and you only get to do it once so far and nothing else.
I don't know about you but masturbating your self is not a very good every day option.
It would be different if once you got sex with a girl you can get sex with them more often than just once.

Last edited:

NoHands

Feb 4, 2018
As the protagonist inches closer to becoming a living bruh moment every update i realise.
Buying serena's contract does nothing... Just make her your girlfriend and help her out.

I get not wanting the whole "women is about to be bought so i have to buy her instead stuff" but this was pretty weak justification.

merry christmas tho everyone
The only rebuttal I have to that is that if he just becomes her girlfriend, then if some other guy took an interest in her, he could buy her contract and there's not a thing the protagonist could do about it. Not sure what the case would be if they get married. With that being the case, buying her contract is more meant so they can stay together without any possible outside interference.

aCaine

Aug 14, 2018
The only rebuttal I have to that is that if he just becomes her girlfriend, then if some other guy took an interest in her, he could buy her contract and there's not a thing the protagonist could do about it. Not sure what the case would be if they get married. With that being the case, buying her contract is more meant so they can stay together without any possible outside interference.
that law only applies to single women. also marriage is an option if you don't consider making someone your girlfriend a kind of obvious loophole. Aaaannd even if someone now suddenly tries to buy her contract you can just buy it yourself.

I don't think there is a real rebuttal that works here.

dantarium

Jul 25, 2020
Not gonna lie, this is one of the better adult games I found here. 4th weall breaking aside, I really enjoy the character development instead of the usual instant sex scene that happens in a lot of othe games

I dont know whether Im being to dumb to find it, but is there a way to actally see m stats though? I would really like to see the result of me going on all these quests for the girls and stuff

Feb 17, 2018
It looks promising so far. (y) I would like more repeatable h events. What I noticed and I don't know if it's a bug or it hasn't been implemented yet, Serena's room doesn't appear inside the house either after upgrading the room or after moving it into the house.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Not gonna lie, this is one of the better adult games I found here. 4th weall breaking aside, I really enjoy the character development instead of the usual instant sex scene that happens in a lot of othe games

I dont know whether Im being to dumb to find it, but is there a way to actally see m stats though? I would really like to see the result of me going on all these quests for the girls and stuff
OK, first off, console needs to be enabled. You may need to run unren.bat for that. Download it, put it inside the ScarletLaw-0.1.5 folder and click to run. Choose option 9 just because (won't hurt anything).

Then, when you are in the game hit Capital O (shift + o) to bring up the console.

While you are there, you can call up the game variables, which are listed at the start of script.rpy. They are:
money​
silvaff​
esteaff​
azulaff​
sereaff​
lauraff​
ferraff​
atliaff​
vieraff​
makoaff​
kanaaff​
ritaaff​
strengthstat​
charismastat​
intellectstat​
defensestat​
pietystat​
magstat​
speedstat​
stealthstat​
luckstat​

Simply type the name of the stat to see the current value.
i.e. type
luckstat
to see your current luck

The affection levels you can see already ingame, and money.

BTW, if you want to edit a stat you can type, say,

strengthstat = 50

to make your strength 50

That would be cheating of course. I recommend not raising any stats above 50, as there is some code that supposedly will reset the stat to 0.

To exit the console, hit esc

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Alright, now that Christmas is over I can expand upon my comment.

Good
  • finally got a :love: scene
  • Ecchi noncannon christmas event
  • More fun renovation and investment deals I like
  • Can continue tons of stuff, loads of content
  • A lot of the times, the mc literally thought the exact same things I did. Some of the narration was so good, it's like the mc was geared to me... Well until some scenes, that is....
  • New girls are pretty attractive
Bad
  • The main character is continuing to be too much of a simp, I'll expand on it with reasons below
  • I've read quite a few web novels, and the main character feels like one of those japanese beta protagonists who always feels responsible for every bad thing that happens to anyone and always wants to be the presumed superforgiver when anything bad happens to him
  • The main character is wayyy too forgiving, this bitch scams his family twice. I assumed the setup with you taking her mask was gonna be "since you scammed me 5000$, how about you pay me that back? Then again... you went after my family members too, for a lot of savings... let's make that 10000." She'd threaten and the mc would use the mask as leverage, saying he'd tear it to pieces it if she tried screaming rape. She gives him 10k then the mc keeps the mask saying, "yeah, that's what it feels like to be scammed." That would have been so... soooooo... satisfying. But no, the mc just gives her the mask, forgiving the fact that she hurt him and his family terribly
  • I also noticed a strong conflict in her character. People who don't like to "owe favors?" They don't like to scam others, because in cheating you take more than you're owed. So I don't get why her personality changed other than to prove the mc wasn't wrong to give up his only leverage over someone who scammed both him and his family. I know your narration will prove the mc will be correct to make this decision. But observing as a third party, the mc made a terribly stupid decision and he deserves to be called out on it, learn to be ashamed for putting a pussy above his own family and self-respect, then grow from it.
  • I know we're supposed to feel sorry for the bitch who mugged us at the beginning. I don't see why though. I wanted to tell her, "Did you really not think anything would happen when you mugged people on the streets? Did you walk away when any of them begged you not to hurt them? Or when you recruited your sister into a criminal gang? Or when you told me you were literally going to kill me before your sister intervened? Or when you attacked the princess of the nation?" But no, the main character starts feeling sorry that the consequences of her actions are actually affecting her. He feels bad when he shouldn't[/ISPOILER]
  • It's a very awkward contrast, with the game. The pics of the girls in chains depict them with strong femsub content, but the mc comes off as a hard beta, practically worships pussy as though it's above all sin and must be protected from any harm. In the words of characters in the 40 year old virgin movie, "don't put the pussy on the pedestal"

Last edited:

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
Alright, now that Christmas is over I can expand upon my comment.

Good
  • finally got a :love: scene
  • Ecchi noncannon christmas event
  • More fun renovation and investment deals I like
  • Can continue tons of stuff, loads of content
  • A lot of the times, the mc literally thought the exact same things I did. Some of the narration was so good, it's like the mc was geared to me... Well until some scenes, that is....
  • New girls are pretty attractive
Bad
  • The main character is continuing to be too much of a simp, I'll expand on it with reasons below
  • I've read quite a few web novels, and the main character feels like one of those japanese beta protagonists who always feels responsible for every bad thing that happens to anyone and always wants to be the presumed superforgiver when anything bad happens to him
  • The main character is wayyy too forgiving, this bitch scams his family twice. I assumed the setup with you taking her mask was gonna be "since you scammed me 5000$, how about you pay me that back? Then again... you went after my family members too, for a lot of savings... let's make that 10000." She'd threaten and the mc would use the mask as leverage, saying he'd tear it to pieces it if she tried screaming rape. She gives him 10k then the mc keeps the mask saying, "yeah, that's what it feels like to be scammed." That would have been so... soooooo... satisfying. But no, the mc just gives her the mask, forgiving the fact that she hurt him and his family terribly
  • I also noticed a strong conflict in her character. People who don't like to "owe favors?" They don't like to scam others, because in cheating you take more than you're owed. So I don't get why her personality changed other than to prove the mc wasn't wrong to give up his only leverage over someone who scammed both him and his family
  • I know we're supposed to feel sorry for the bitch who mugged us at the beginning. I don't see why though. I wanted to tell her, "Did you really not think anything would happen when you mugged people on the streets? Did you walk away when any of them begged you not to hurt them? Or when you recruited your sister into a criminal gang? Or when you told me you were literally going to kill me before your sister intervened? Or when you attacked the princess of the nation?" But no, the main character starts feeling sorry that the consequences of her actions are actually affecting her. He feels bad when he shouldn't[/ISPOILER]
  • It's a very awkward contrast, with the game. The pics of the girls in chains depict them with strong femsub content, but the mc comes off as a hard beta, practically worships pussy as though it's above all sin and must be protected from any harm. In the words of characters in the 40 year old virgin movie, "don't put the pussy on the pedestal"
Exactly!

One way things could've developed from that scene at the orphanage would be to have MC buying both contracts AND the entire place up and running it himself. That way you would protect the status quo while also doing what the princess wanted at the same time you'd be getting more girls and protecting them from having their contracts bought by less kind assholes. That way MC would still be overall "good" while being able to actually show that through his actions but no, we got mr Simp'n here.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Exactly!

One way things could've developed from that scene at the orphanage would be to have MC buying both contracts AND the entire place up and running it himself. That way you would protect the status quo while also doing what the princess wanted at the same time you'd be getting more girls and protecting them from having their contracts bought by less kind assholes. That way MC would still be overall "good" while being able to actually show that through his actions but no, we got mr Simp'n here.
The MC as well as the jarring shift in tone every other event is what kills the game for me sadly.

If your character is played as an obvilious goofball who can't keep a single thought for more than a second (as evidenced plenty with the random event chain this time around), it's hard to remotely feel connected with them, let alone stay invested in the events to come. Especially when he initially came off completely different as he was getting his life back in order - being thrown into the deep end when the story actually started. This shift in tone just marred the entire experience. Such a promising start for the character early on and now? The MC is just unbearable because half the events (if not more) could be avoided by just thinking for a second. It was so bad in the random town chase events that I just had to skip through them to not die of second hand shame because the character behaved like an utter baffoon. This makes any attempt at comedy fall flat because the characters - and especially the MC - just don't behave like humans anymore. This is all the more jarring when there's actual glimpses of a great game in some events, that actually show solid writing and great characterization.
This all sadly isn't helped by a whole lot of fourth wall breaking and outside references. While I generally had a chuckle when there was a reference I understood, it also killed any immersion I had and this made it once more hard to stay invested into the game, which admittedly has laid a solid foundation for an intruiging and compelling story. Sadly the grim history and titular scarlet law are nothing but background noise, fading into oblivion because the MC is rather played for laughs for another couple events.
At least this update seems to be mostly free of those references for once, or I just didn't catch them this time around.

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
question what are the best gifts for the girls
It's the 'outlier' item;
Ex. The first one, 2 of the stuff are sex related (lingerie and toy), while the other is more cooking. Or the last one, where there are 2 items related to 'eyes', then there's the toy/puzzle.

But, if you don't like using your brain -- don't remember the order.
Edit: Looks like someone posted it already.

OK, first off, console needs to be enabled. You may need to run unren.bat for that. Download it, put it inside the ScarletLaw-0.1.5 folder and click to run. Choose option 9 just because (won't hurt anything).

Then, when you are in the game hit Capital O (shift + o) to bring up the console.

While you are there, you can call up the game variables, which are listed at the start of script.rpy. They are:
money
silvaff
esteaff
azulaff
sereaff
lauraff
ferraff
atliaff
vieraff
makoaff
kanaaff
ritaaff
strengthstat
charismastat
intellectstat
defensestat
pietystat
magstat
speedstat
stealthstat
luckstat

Simply type the name of the stat to see the current value.
i.e. type
luckstat
to see your current luck

The affection levels you can see already ingame, and money.

BTW, if you want to edit a stat you can type, say,

strengthstat = 50

to make your strength 50

That would be cheating of course. I recommend not raising any stats above 50, as there is some code that supposedly will reset the stat to 0.

To exit the console, hit esc

Hope this helps!
Do note that you can't get the extra scene if you didn't have the stat before capping affection -- Like if you saved/scrolled back before Serena's 2nd replay scene, then tried to level your toughness up, it's already locked to the 'too low' one. You need to actually have the stat high enough before than.
-- Yep, I tried replaying due to my low sneak value, and I couldn't seem to level it anymore; wanted to see if it was because I was too far or something, but the sneak/peeking event seemed to have been removed. Anyways, remembered I had different choices for that scene, so loaded an auto to cheat, that didn't work, thus I tried to grind, which also didn't.

TL;DR: You need the stat ASAP. -- Also, timeofday = (0~4) to change time.
Edit: Btw, the reset probably happens because stats have a cap; like Strength is 50, and Charisma is 25. Personally, I'd recommend lower, like 24, 49, then try leveling it for two days, that way if you don't gain anymore, it's capped.

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 49 Votes