sircool

Sep 5, 2017
I did create a mod for that r.e. the previous version of the game (0.1.6). I'm awaiting the 'bugfixed/non-alpha' version of 0.1.17 to get posted before I try to mod this again. Unfortunately, a particular file (screens) gets changed every update, which means that I have to update my mod each time.

Only a couple of people are using my mod apparently, which is designed to reduce grind as well as allow you to track your stat gains. Some people, like myself, are interested in the story, but the grind not so much...

My advice to the developer, based on the large number of negative reviews, is to reduce the 'grind targets' by roughly half (stat inceases doubled, etc.). Event date targets could also be adjusted accordingly to maintain the 'challenge', although there is only one date target that I'm aware of (family contracts). But to each their own.

The story intrigues me otherwise, but life is short, and there are other ero games out there that aren't as grindy...

I posted a guide on how to mod the stats here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/scarlet-law-v0-1-7a-jyp-games.63712/page-18#post-4799207

BTW, just wondering if you had my mod for 0.1.6 running when you ran into this issue. If so, I'm guessing the +2 to stats jumped you from 9 to 11.

I may add some 'change odd to even' code to the next mod update so that this doesn't happen (i.e. to make sure that the stat hits the 10 increments), when the bugfixed version gets posted (developer mentioned an unresolved issue after 0.1.7a was posted). But since my mod isn't updated for 0.1.7 yet, since I'm waiting on the fix...
I put the file you suggested into the .exe area, booted it up, it said it was unpacking but nothing comes up when I shift o

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I put the file you suggested into the .exe area, booted it up, it said it was unpacking but nothing comes up when I shift o
I just tried extracting 0.1.7a with Unren.bat. It took a few minutes to extract. Note that a bunch of other messages should come up after the 'unpacking' one in the Unren.bat window, after a bit of a delay. It'll tell you when it's finished, don't close it until you see the 'finished' message.

Start up Scarlet Law AFTER Unren.bat is finished of course!

Also, did you choose option 9? There are other commands that relate directly to the console, but 9 does everything, and won't hurt or change anything, it just enables more stuff/options ingame.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
I think I found a bug or something. I don't know if this is the end of the update or not. I still have the quest to buy Viera's contract even though I already brought the contract. Is it because I didn't talk to her first?

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
I think I found a bug or something. I don't know if this is the end of the update or not. I still have the quest to buy Viera's contract even though I already brought the contract. Is it because I didn't talk to her first?
he did say not to buy contracts except in the quest when you can. to get no errors, talk to laurette first, then buy the contract, then go to the church and with atty, go to the prison to pick up vie.
what i wonder tho is, when is estelle going to have her first night with the mc? also what is the pic with silvie and estelle with chains around their necks about? something in the future?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
What happened to the Cheat mod that you got to see your character on?
That would be mine...

I went ahead and updated the code after all to test out some "if odd, make even' code for the affection stats, and made some other fine adjustments. Not sure how to go about fixing the 'buy contract before talking to Laureate breaking game' bug, but I might take a quick look at that before I package the mod. I wasn't going to release it for the Alpha version, but a bit of extra storyline content has been added with 0.1.7a, which wasn't the impression I was given when reading the changelog.

My mod also roughly doubles progression, and I've tweaked the code that handles when Celestia shows up a bit. Not sure if I hit the right balance yet or not, but I increased the chance of certain events governed by luck happening by 10%, and also changed what happens to Luck when the event triggers (should now halve luck instead of reducing it to 0, which ties in to the chance of triggering certain things).

My goal of course is to let people who like the story but hate unnecessary grind to be able to progress faster, in the ballpark of roughly half...

I may go ahead and post it up later today, I have another project on the front burner atm...

Azerov

Jul 1, 2019
some of the girls in the game I wish I could just kill and be done with it. I don't even want to have sex with some of the girls in the game

• Wow
Reactions: Partomatic

sircool

Sep 5, 2017
I just tried extracting 0.1.7a with Unren.bat. It took a few minutes to extract. Note that a bunch of other messages should come up after the 'unpacking' one in the Unren.bat window, after a bit of a delay. It'll tell you when it's finished, don't close it until you see the 'finished' message.

Start up Scarlet Law AFTER Unren.bat is finished of course!

Also, did you choose option 9? There are other commands that relate directly to the console, but 9 does everything, and won't hurt or change anything, it just enables more stuff/options ingame.
Ok, now it works it just doesn't affect anything. The deed to buy the builder's place still just not there for the contracts bit.

DarkSagen

Nov 10, 2018
Anyone having problems with the android links? For me, The Mega app is refusing to download it and the others seem to be not completing the download, failing the install (seeing if that is a firefox problem or not [I'll reply to this with the results]).

DarkSagen

Nov 10, 2018
Anyone having problems with the android links? For me, The Mega app is refusing to download it and the others seem to be not completing the download, failing the install (seeing if that is a firefox problem or not [I'll reply to this with the results]).
Chrome had the problem as well.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
As I mentioned earlier today, I went ahead and updated my 'Show MC Stats and Lessen Grind' mod to 0.1.7a.

What my mod does is:

1) Add 'You' to the Relationships window, so that you can view your stats.

2) Essentially double the stat and affection rewards when interacting with certain characters (i.e. by 2 instead of 1), as well as increase monetary rewards in a similar manner.
Note that for relationship gains, if the relationship level is raised to an odd number, it will be decreased by 1 to the next even number. This is just in case an affection level should increase from 9 to 11, hence bypassing the event trigger...

3) Increase the odds of certain events that are triggered randomly occurring via the luck stat, so that it's less of a crap shoot waiting for these events to show up. These events are now firing off in sequence rather quickly, let me know if you think I should drop the frequency a bit, or if you like it as is.

4) Added code that will reduce various stats to their maximum levels, should they somehow end up exceeding those values.
Example: If the strength is increased over 50 via stat gains and such, it will be reduced to 50 instead.

The 'goal' of this mod is to increase the enjoyment of this story, for those that aren't interested in grind... If you prefer the grind, this is NOT the mod for you!

Of course, have a backup of the game beforehand just to be safe, in case you run into issues.
I tested it with a new install with no issues. Let me know if you should encounter any issues!

Note that this MOD will NOT fix the documented 'don't buy Viera's contract early' issue...

Attached are the screenshots showing the added MC stats functionality.

ScarletLawStatMod1.jpg ScarletLawStatMod2.jpg

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Can we cut the grind down some please? For example why is a criminal Viera contract set to everyone else's at $50K? Than immediately after getting hers need to come up with another $50K. The grind is awful as I have to repeat for days the same pattern.

Morning: Builders - Work
Noon: Academy - Teach
Late Noon: Store - Work
Evening: Mages Guild - Work

and repeat this for days and days to get another $50K just after grinding previously for $50K.

Second please let Leave take us back to the map that is even more clicks. To do each of these events is an absurd amount of clicking.

Click Map
Click Builders
Click Work
Click Leave
Click Map

repeat 4 times

Click Home
Click Sleep
Oh and since it seems a night the skip likes to disable itself than need to click 3 more times for profilts from Store, Condo, and Hotsprings than can click on skip again and start all over.

That is 25 clicks for a single day just to grind money and do nothing else. Also give us a message letting us know we are done with events for this version.

Last can we get a next / previous option for the girls instead of heart, girl, heart, girl to check if there is new scenes to be found?

Last edited:

ריבית

Apr 22, 2019
i need to play with new game since i cant use my last save ( my gallery cant open scene but there a pic about the scene ). please fix that

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
What's a good game that does grinding well?
From my memories alone: Hero's Harem Guild, A House in the Rift and Harem Hotel are good games that have enough content to justify the grind. If anyone disagrees, do as I know you'll do and do disagree. Communication is essential lads.

TrickyK

Jul 10, 2018
From my memories alone: Hero's Harem Guild, A House in the Rift and Harem Hotel are good games that have enough content to justify the grind. If anyone disagrees, do as I know you'll do and do disagree. Communication is essential lads.
Heroes Harem Guild had a pretty bad grind prior to the passive income from missions. Now it's fine because of that. Income could just be tripled across the board for various jobs or owning the store. It would be as simple as changing some variables and if it doesn't feel right he can just revert it.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
Heroes Harem Guild had a pretty bad grind prior to the passive income from missions. Now it's fine because of that. Income could just be tripled across the board for various jobs or owning the store. It would be as simple as changing some variables and if it doesn't feel right he can just revert it.
Haven't played it in a while tbh. Also, yeah, tripling the income from jobs and properties would be good. After all, our man is technically a businessman now.

2.80 star(s) 49 Votes